Page 158 of 215 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,740 of 6437

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    ill take em as well if u find them @Vertigo

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Did Tronticles ever comment on Puscifer's Potions release?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Tronticles
    I fucking love this

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Has anyone ever found a good tab for Down In It? I'm trying to figure out the main synth melody, but can't find anything online at all, save for an unreadable tab.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    I fucking love this
    time to shop tr with an octopus now

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I rarely ever visited the nin.com forum. I may have only posted a handful of times during its nine-year lifespan. I remember it getting a bad rap over here, its users often being referred to as "the crazies". What were the most awesome things that happened in there?

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Trent and Rob posting photos of turds

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm going to fucking regret this, but...

I had a massive attack of really bad fart gas at the Wave Goodbye show in Amsterdam (too much pre-show KFC, what can I say?). After the show, I logged on to check out the discussions and found quite a few posters complaining about the fucking awful smell down by the barrier. Favourite quote "somebody was just rotting away inside down there!" I must confess to laughing a little too long and hard while reading it, while simultaneously feeling really, really bad about it. I never owned up until now. So, yeah. That was my awesome thing that happened on the official forums.

Apologies to anyone who had to suffer through my involuntary exhalations. But they were some really good zinger burgers.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    classy post!

also...

I had a massive attack of really bad fart gas at the Wave Goodbye show in Amsterdam

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    classy post!
    Oh, I'm all about the class

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    also...

The resemblance is uncanny!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamelion View Post
    I'm going to fucking regret this, but...

I had a massive attack of really bad fart gas at the Wave Goodbye show in Amsterdam (too much pre-show KFC, what can I say?). After the show, I logged on to check out the discussions and found quite a few posters complaining about the fucking awful smell down by the barrier. Favourite quote "somebody was just rotting away inside down there!" I must confess to laughing a little too long and hard while reading it, while simultaneously feeling really, really bad about it. I never owned up until now. So, yeah. That was my awesome thing that happened on the official forums.

Apologies to anyone who had to suffer through my involuntary exhalations. But they were some really good zinger burgers.
    i am trying so hard to crack up quietly right now because i'm staying at a friend's for the weekend and everyone else is asleep. OH MY GOD that is too funny.

unrelated - another one of those bogus listings showed up on discogs today

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Trent sure has changed his look for the next album era.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Whats up with the "Binary sound file from Fragile-era nin.com" thats available on nindestruct.com? As in, how was it found and is it actually anything? I looked at the waveform with Audacity and its just a mess.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Whats up with the "Binary sound file from Fragile-era nin.com" thats available on nindestruct.com? As in, how was it found and is it actually anything? I looked at the waveform with Audacity and its just a mess.
    Yeah I couldn't play it either

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I'm not sure where it came from, but it's just harsh noise. Nothing noteworthy.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    I'm not sure where it came from, but it's just harsh noise. Nothing noteworthy.
    Yeah, it's fucking awesome if you're into the Merzbow sort of thing. It's definitely something that changes over time and has lots of differential between the left and right channels. I kinda wonder if they reduced some piece of music to unfathomably distorted levels with a bitcrusher or something. Noise generators don't make this thing. (Or it's non-sound data made into sound data, like if you try to play track 1 on the original Quake disc on a CD player.)

Also very curious where it came from besides the generic era of the website.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Yeah, it's fucking awesome if you're into the Merzbow sort of thing. It's definitely something that changes over time and has lots of differential between the left and right channels. I kinda wonder if they reduced some piece of music to unfathomably distorted levels with a bitcrusher or something. Noise generators don't make this thing. (Or it's non-sound data made into sound data, like if you try to play track 1 on the original Quake disc on a CD player.)

Also very curious where it came from besides the generic era of the website.
    Hopefully somebody with advanced knowledge on this sort of thing can chime in here and contribute, because I cant find any info on it online. Here is the waveform for those who are interested, audacity loaded it up as a "AIFF Apple/SGI" file....

(IDK about you guys, but I just cant get enough of the Fragile era shit as of late! The Itune$ instrumentals whet my appetite, and now damn you Deviations!!!)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Does Rob Sheridan play any instruments?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Macbeth View Post
    Does Rob Sheridan play any instruments?
    Basic synth and keys, per his HTDA stuff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Basic synth and keys, per his HTDA stuff
    Seriously? I thought he just fiddled with the lights etc on stage.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing View Post
    Seriously? I thought he just fiddled with the lights etc on stage.
    C/P from the reddit Q&A
    Ret0x: Rob: In the past you've been primarily the art and media guy on the projects. But now it seems you're performing on the album? Which instruments do you play?
    [Rob]: Check our other answers for a bit more clarity on this, but my role in the collective is primarily visual, influencing the project in visual and conceptual and presentational ways. We're trying to expand the idea of what a "band" can be, make it more holistic and treat visual contributions as equally important. This will be much more clear in the live shows where I'll be running the visuals from on stage - but I'm capable of playing a synth part here and there, so I've done a bit of that as it pertains to executing the music in a performance setting (like in the Keep it together video).

​He *can* play instruments but he mostly didn't live, just made the surgical tubing glow

Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Oh god, those things. I never really figured out WHAT those were, but they were linked to in #nin99 by someone logged in with a nothingstudios.com IP address, and, if I recall correctly, they were hosted on nothingrecords.com or nin.com or one of the official sites, in some sub-folder. I believe they were originally all WAV files, but they were also HUGE (particularly in 1999, when most people were still using 56k dial-up, if that). One of the files zipped up super small, and even though it was AIFF or something like that, it just didn't seem like it was actually audio data.

Another thing to keep in mind was that this was the era of the NIN camp hiding clues to weird shit in embedded files on nin.com ("you win email tr at nin dot com"), so we were picking these apart trying to figure out what these were.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I would pay $1000 for an hour on that computer.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    I just noticed TDTWWA.mov on the desktop. Wonder if that was the full thing or a clip of what had been done so far before it was scrapped...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    I just noticed TDTWWA.mov on the desktop. Wonder if that was the full thing or a clip of what had been done so far before it was scrapped...
    A handful of pics from that version of nin.com are from the scrapped footage.

Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    A gold mine treasure trove is an understatement!

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Oh god, those things. I never really figured out WHAT those were, but they were linked to in #nin99 by someone logged in with a nothingstudios.com IP address, and, if I recall correctly, they were hosted on nothingrecords.com or nin.com or one of the official sites, in some sub-folder. I believe they were originally all WAV files, but they were also HUGE (particularly in 1999, when most people were still using 56k dial-up, if that). One of the files zipped up super small, and even though it was AIFF or something like that, it just didn't seem like it was actually audio data.

Another thing to keep in mind was that this was the era of the NIN camp hiding clues to weird shit in embedded files on nin.com ("you win email tr at nin dot com"), so we were picking these apart trying to figure out what these were.​
    HA! I knew I read it before, so I dug it up ;-) Sad that those old links of yours are dead though...I'd like to have the files, as well as read the detailed story!
    Last edited by bwary; 02-07-2017 at 07:05 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    'member when someone at the old ETS supposedly got ahold of a very old computer (or simply a hard drive) originating from late 90s-era Nothing Studios, accessed its contents and posted a bunch of screengrabs? The user then proceeded to receive a lot of hate replies for his doings (revealing private shit to public and such)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    'member when someone at the old ETS supposedly got ahold of a very old computer (or simply a hard drive) originating from late 90s-era Nothing Studios, accessed its contents and posted a bunch of screengrabs? The user then proceeded to receive a lot of hate replies for his doings (revealing private shit to public and such)
    That was a pretty shitty thing to do! Hell (hypothetically) if I got the chance to sit at that computer (or the HDD), although slightly tempting in idea, I'd refuse to view the TDTWWA.mov file. But let me at the nin.com files! You can see some of them on the desktop, too ;-)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Low how that computer has a trash bin named "Burn 2.5"

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    That was this version of ETS. Can't remember if I ever actually saw the screen grabs... would love to know, even vaguely, what kind of stuff was on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Random NIN question: I got curious the other day - what weird, rare, obsolote and/or stillborn formats did Nine Inch Nails release on?

It started with me googling for "NIN minidisc", but all that showed was the Broken Vinyl (coming with a... minidisc, although not a MiniDisc). The cassettes and VHS I know of - they're just obsolete, not obscure. Then there is the DVD-As for TDS and WT, as well as that one SACD.

What else can you think of? Was there a Sony Connect ATRAC-download of With Teeth? Have you ever seen japanese MiniDisc-imports?
    Last edited by Henrie_Schnee; 02-08-2017 at 11:06 AM.