Page 72 of 137 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 4092

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Has Been Delayed Indefinitely
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...d-indefinitely
    From Sean T. Collins on twitter: "A Nazi rape apologist concern-trolled Disney out of hundreds of millions of dollars by making them shoot themselves in the dick to the disgust of everyone involved in actually making this film"

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished ep. 7 of Cloak & Dagger.... daaaaaaaamn....

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    A recent marathon of the spider Man movies has reinvigorated my unending anymosity at Sony over the Venom movies. These people made 5 Spiderman movies and only one of them holds up at all today. I think the absolute horribleness of the Amazing Spiderman movies is something we actually completely take for granted possibly because of how extremely forgettable they are.

They are thorough in their forgettableness. The performances fail to pick up cardboard writing and cold directing. I still don't understand why people were happy with Andrew Garfield over Tobey Maguire. Maguire is criminally underratted, perhaps the other Spideys' relative popularity is a testament to the notion that people just want conventionally attractive and conventionally charismatic actors playing any role, even if that character isn't either of those things. Tobey Maguire gives Peter Parker a humanity that Andrew Garfield for some reason just can't which is why right now I think even Spiderman 3 is better than either of The Amazing Spidermans.

Still one of the things that makes Spiderman 3 so terrible is it's violation of sort of the foundation of Peter Parker's character by basically squirrelling in a different murderer his uncle... Sony ipts to repeat that mistake again in Amazing Spiderman 2 by severely interfering in the death of his parents.

Sony is basically doing this again with Venom, and it's just so transparently cynical and greedy especially after Homecoming really did work out. As much as, for instance the DC Universe movie are just sheer garbage, I think Zach Snyder really cared about those characters and wanted to do something cool with them... He's just an idiot, so it didn't work out. I mean I get that all these franchises are driven by greed, but for some reason Spiderman and now Venom is an especially bitter bait and switch with marvel.

It looks kind of bad anyway, here's hoping this is where they learn their lesson.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    As far as the Tobey vs. Andrew argument goes, I think people just wanted a likeable Spider-Man, which is something Garfield did better than Maguire, in my opinion. Full disclosure: I've never really liked the Tobey Maguire portrayal that much. He never really felt like the character that much to me. Tobey was SO whiny, weak, and corny as Peter and Spider-Man wasn't funny. Garfield wasn't perfect by any stretch, but he was a funny, quippy Spider-man and a more "normal" Peter that more people could probably relate to. I've always felt that Peter and Gwen were the only good thing about the Amazing Spider-man movies. The villains (ALL of them) were undeniably terrible, especially in the second movie. I mean, what the fuck were they thinking with Electro and the Rhino? Not to mention it's now the textbook example of counting your chickens before they've hatched because of how it tried SO hard to be a springboard for an entire cinematic universe that it forgot to make sure it was a decent movie itself first. It made Spider-Man 3 look good, which is really saying something.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Spiderman 2 was always my go to in good comic book movies for a long time, and was the first Marvel film that was really decent for me (Batman Returns being the first good comic book movie, sorry Superman fans) I still rather like it, but it is pretty corny compared to comic book films these days, but it will always hold a place in my geek heart. Spiderman 3 wasn't terrible for me, just very VERY disappointing, and the first Amazing film did feel like a better constructed movie, but lacked the something special that made 1 and 2 of Rami's films so likeable, and the second just ended up doing too much like Spidey 3 whilst trying to make a cinematic universe which just failed hard!

As far as the best Peter goes...i think they all had their pros and cons, but i don't think i can place any as the definitive Peter/Spidey yet.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I already like Tom Holland more than either of his predecessors. The best part is that (as long as Sony doesn't fuck it up), he'll grow into the role even more as time goes on and he gets older. I've always wanted to see a movie where Spider-Man is like 28 and they just skip the origin and dive into a story where he's been Spider-Man for years already, which is exactly what the new PS4 video game that's about to come is doing. I'm super excited to play that game!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I really liked the first Amazing Spiderman. The second one.... not so much.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I remember thinking it was alright when I came out, but watching it the other day is such a slog... Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield have no chemistry, neither of them are likable or relatable. The movie looks real sleek and the special effects in both are really cool. But they have no heart, The Raimi team were more competent at bringing their story to life and those movies are simply much better cast.

Homecoming is also a lot more character driven and competently written

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hated Raimi's Spidermans. First Amazing Spiderman was good, second one was terrible. Homecoming pisses all over the previous movie incarnations. Homecoming is actually one of my top 5 Marvel movies. I enjoyed it a lot.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield have no chemistry
    What? I feel like that's all any review was saying at the time; that they had great chemistry. I thought so, too. They were even a real life couple at the time. They started dating while filming the movie, if I'm not mistaken.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    That is shocking to hear, it is like watching a neural network imitating how it thinks human relationships work.

Their interest in each other is completely unmotivated in either direction, from the begining of the movie he has her as his desktop background image, which is a creeps version of "romantic." It always seemed stilted and cold to me.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    That is shocking to hear, it is like watching a neural network imitating how it thinks human relationships work.

Their interest in each other is completely unmotivated in either direction, from the begining of the movie he has her as his desktop background image, which is a creeps version of "romantic." It always seemed stilted and cold to me.
    You can probably blame that on the writing/writers and a sub-par script. Oh, and an inexperienced indie film director (with only one movie under his belt) who was suddenly thrust into a massive tent-pole blockbuster with a lot of corporate oversight and interference (not to mention a $200 million+ budget).

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah I mean I have nothing specific against the actors, I don't think either are great, but I don't really blame them either. It brings me back toy original point: the through line for fucking those movies up still runs through Venom. The same cooks are in that kitchen.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Looks like we might be getting a Captain Marvel trailer today.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Aww man, she looks so badass! I'm pretty sure I am going to enjoy this movie a lot.

But as far as female superheroes go, my heart will always belong to Wonder Woman.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    She looks uncomfortable or holding in a sick fart.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

We have a NIN shirt on Captain Marvel!!!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    About to make that my wallpaper for the forseeable future.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I kinda thought the Skrulls would look better...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Wow, using Ronan again. Bold, considering alot of people hated him (I thought he was fine). And of course the shirt is huge.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Wow, using Ronan again. Bold, considering alot of people hated him (I thought he was fine). And of course the shirt is huge.
    I agree that he (Ronan) was "fine." Not outstanding, but an effective villain. A bit on the cartoonish side, but not bad either. It's a nice way to tie her story into the MCU and revisit a few (3?) characters that have been killed without having to resort to bringing them back to life. It's really interesting how the MCU is referencing its own past so much already.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 09-06-2018 at 10:56 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Well i'm excited!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So I was listening to a Shout!Takes: A Shout! Factory Podcast episode with Reginald Hudlin about Black Panther and found out about all those Marvel Knight's animated stories. Anyone else watch them? Just about done watching the Black Panther one and I'm quite liking it.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Wait, was she in wearing her helmet with the mohawk?! I'M IN!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Nope, still not interested. And that’s ok.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Not blown away, but I am excited nonetheless. I really hope they pull off the 90's era along with Coulson returning. The trailer gave me a feeling that it will be it's own movie in the sense of how Black Panther, Guardians, and even Ragnarok had.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Reports Disney are planning to have limited series of popular 2nd string characters from the MCU, with early rumours of Loki and Scarlet Witch, as a pull for their new streaming service.

...OK, i might actually be interested in that. An extended run of 4-6 episodes centred around characters that wouldn't get the time in cinemas and tell some new stories, that could be great!