Thread: The Media, Fake News, Fox, CNN, MSNBC and any other media outlets, Trust No One

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    regarding Youtube politics, there's some outlets that I occasionally enjoy... I'm friends with someone from TYT from back in college days, so I'm a "fan," but occasionally I think they go too far.

If you think The Washington Post is "fake news" just because Trump doesn't like what they're reporting, you are ironically the one plugging your ears and screaming "LALALA I can't hear you"

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Here's some food for thought. CNN makes a mistake and they own up to it and 3 people lose their jobs. If right wing media had that kind of accountability things would be very different right now.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Here's some food for thought. CNN makes a mistake and they own up to it and 3 people lose their jobs. If right wing media had that kind of accountability things would be very different right now.
    Alex Jones would have been shot out of a cannon into the sun while screaming and bellowing about the ultra-super-duper-secret pedophile rings that control the weather and the time that it takes for a pizza to get delivered to where you live

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    regarding Youtube politics, there's some outlets that I occasionally enjoy... I'm friends with someone from TYT from back in college days, so I'm a "fan," but occasionally I think they go too far.

If you think The Washington Post is "fake news" just because Trump doesn't like what they're reporting, you are ironically the one plugging your ears and screaming "LALALA I can't hear you"
    The thing with social media politics is that it requires critical thinking. You need to follow the facts behind it and then see if you agree with the opinion that is being espoused. What I've noticed is that left wing media sites (I don't mean CNN I mean people that are actually legit leftist sites) will take a truth and exaggerate or twist it to make a point. You need to read the primary source or full quote of the person they're criticizing or whatever to assess the validity. Right wing on the other hand seems to often just completely make up stuff. (Fox News tends to do the wildly exaggerate a kernel of truth bit)