Page 33 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Me and my friend started a Horror Movie/Video Game/Graphic Novel/TV Show Review channel on YouTube. I'm hesitant to post here for peeps on here to check out since it's rough and a bit amateur.

In time though.....

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Me and my friend started a Horror Movie/Video Game/Graphic Novel/TV Show Review channel on YouTube. I'm hesitant to post here for peeps on here to check out since it's rough and a bit amateur.

In time though.....
    Please do share, I watch a lot of review channels and I don't mind the amateur feel, would love to check it out!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Please do share, I watch a lot of review channels and I don't mind the amateur feel, would love to check it out!
    Thanks haha. Let me get my nerve up.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Thanks haha. Let me get my nerve up.
    Hit me up in a pm if you don't want to share publicly. I flirted with a similar idea for a while but never had the balls to do it. More power to you!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Watched a couple B-movies.

13 Eerie: Kinda like slasher/zombie movie. I actually think it was decent. Some known actors, doing a decent acting job. The backstory has holes but who cares when you watch these type of movies. 6/10

Lifeforce: Another one that I thought was decent. Tobe Hooper did a good job mixing sci-fi with horror. Good movie for its time. 6/10

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Went to Best Buy this morning, bought blu-ray copies of Krampus and It Follows. Haven't seen either but on sale at 11.99 and 4.99 respectively even IF I don't like them (doubtful on Krampus but on the border of It Follows) I didn't spend much.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 06-25-2016 at 12:28 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I went to a late night showing of Purge: Election Year, and... this movie was excellent! Each Purge movie gets better, and this one was surprisingly well written with characters you truly cared about, the world was expanded, and it was just the right amount of exploitation of our current election cycle. I went expecting a silly, fun movie, and it was much better than that!
    The only "complaint" one could make is that it wasn't as scary as the previous ones, but it's because the filmmakers are shifting the franchise from a slasher to more of a post-apocalyptic type movie.

Highly recommended!

EDIT: oh, and almost forgot, but the song blasting through the end credits was something everyone on this forum would probably get a kick out of! I won't spoil it because it was a nice surprise.
    Last edited by hellospaceboy; 07-04-2016 at 08:51 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    EDIT: oh, and almost forgot, but the song blasting through the end credits was something everyone on this forum would probably get a kick out of! I won't spoil it because it was a nice surprise.
    Capital G? (My guess)

Edit: I had to look it up and LOL.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 01:42 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Finally popped in my 'Grabbers' Blu-ray and had a great time, only way i can sum it up is Father Ted meets Day Of The Triffids.. Well recommended!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    I know a lot of people that liked "It Follows", I wasn't one of them. Let us know about "Krampus" I have been avoiding it because for some reason in my mind, I have a feeling it could be more goofy than scary. Even though nothing scares me, I just want haunting, eerie, and evil.
    Krampus is this generation's Gremlins but darker.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/home-vi...ctors-edition/

Scream Factory has just announced that they will be releasing a 2-disc blu-ray edition of William Peter Blatty’s The Exorcist III, which will see its release on October 25th.
    Scream Factory understands that many fans want to see a “Director’s Cut”, which is something they’re completely transparent about:
    We know that the biggest question you might have is: Will there be a “Director’s Cut” of the film? The answer is yes—but with some caveats. We are working on putting together a version that will be close to Blatty’s original script using a mixture of various film and video tape sources that we have been provided with. This is still a work in progress and we will update you with more details at the time we announce the full list of bonus materials.
    No other extras/bonus features have been announced but Scream says that they’re going to be detailed towards the end of summer. Additionally, they say “…there are tons of [extras]“, so I think we’ll be very satisfied with what we’re getting!
    For more than fifteen years Police Lieutenant Kinderman (George C. Scott) has been haunted by the death of his friend Father Damien Karras. Now, on the 15th anniversary of the exorcism that claimed the Father’s life, Kinderman’s world is once again shattered when a boy is found decapitated and savagely crucified. It’s just the beginning of a nightmare series of bizarre religious murders.
    Pre-orders are open through Scream Factory.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I put an update on my website re: the above if anyone is interested:

http://www.theninthconfiguration.com/#july102016

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^^
    I love that movie. I find it to be almost as disturbing as The Exorcist itself. And I didn't even know about Dimiter. I know what I'm reading next...

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    ^^
    I love that movie. I find it to be almost as disturbing as The Exorcist itself. And I didn't even know about Dimiter. I know what I'm reading next...
    Yeah, Dimiter came out in 2010 and Bill was in talks with Billy Friedkin to direct it as a film.

Bill and his wife are actually good friends of mine. We send each other Christmas cards. My website has kind of become his semi-official site. Check back to some of the posts in the archives for more interesting tidbits and such.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I was so looking forward to February, which just surfaced online, due to the fact that I've enjoyed everything that Emma Roberts has done in the last couple of years.

It's awful. I had to turn it off after fifty minutes. It's just so dull and lifeless.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I like James Wan I'm a fan of the Conjuring movies, the Insidious movies and I liked parts of Annabelle. With Lights Out coming out July 22 I'm not so sure about this one, I will most likely watch it, but the previews are not wowing me.
    @slave2thewage somebody just gave me a dvd of February but I haven't watched it yet now I'm really apprehensive given your review.
    I saw the previews of Lights Out just yesterday. I thought it looked above average. Wan is not directing however. David Sandberg is and it appears to be his first feature film. He will be directing Annabelle 2 as well.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Wan is producing, not sure which preview you have seen but lights on lights off thing. There would have to be more to it than that I hope. A lot of times these days I have noticed that especially with horror movies they tend to put some of the most intense scenes in the previews and sometimes show too much. I pretty much see almost every horror movie because that is my thing, but not so sure about this one.
    I'm a sucker for those possessed/dead people making weird sounds and appearing out of nowhere like the one you see in the previews.
    I get that it appears like your typical horror movie with jump scares.
    The extremely good horror movies are so far and few between these days. I wish we'd have a new evil dead movie every year.

The only title I'm really looking forward this year is 31.
    When you have so little to quench your thirst, you get excited with movies like Lights Out.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 01:25 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    On a completely different subject, here's the first look of ... Pennywise.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...peter-spierig/

Breaking: A New ‘SAW’ is Coming Next Year!

By MrDisgusting on July 13, 2016@bradmiska

0 COMMENTS

Bloody Disgusting has just confirmed that Michael and Peter Spierig will be directing the currently untitled eighth SAW with Lionsgate releasing in theaters on October 27, 2017.
    Josh Stolberg and Pete Goldfinger – the same scriptwriting duo behind Piranha 3D, Piranha 3DD, and Sorority Row – were writing the tentatively titled SAW: Legacy.
    Franchise co-creators James Wan and Leigh Whannell are acting as executive producers.
    As I wrote previously, Peter and Michael Spierig first broke onto the genre scene when Lionsgate released their undead horror Undead back in 2003. Since, they were hired by the studio to direct the vampire sci-fi epic Daybreakers, while also delivering the masterful sci-fi paradox horror Predestination. Next up, Jigsaw.
    The brothers were recently attached to direct Winchester Mystery House, which has been in development for years. I think it’s safe to assume this is going on the backburner as SAW: Legacy is scheduled to shoot from September-October in Toronto, Ontario.
    The seven SAW films grossed $874 million at the box office worldwide and were hailed by the Guinness Book of World Records as the “Most Successful Horror Franchise” of all time.
    SAW was the first collaboration for co-creators James Wan, who directed the film, and Leigh Whannell, who wrote the screenplay. Together, they also created the successful Insidious franchise, and Wan has gone on to direct such high-profile films as The Conjuring, The Conjuring 2, and produced Annabelle and the upcoming Lights Out.
    Directed by Wan from a script penned by Whannell, SAW is a psychological thriller focusing on two men who wake up in a secure lair of a serial killer, with a dead body lying between them. The killer, nicknamed “Jigsaw,” leaves them tape recorded messages with details of how to make it out alive. The only way for one man to make it out alive is to do the unthinkable. The two men desperately try to find a way out, while also trying to figure out who’s behind their kidnapping.
    The film, which was released over Halloween weekend on October 29, 2004, was produced by Gregg Hoffman, Oren Koules, and Mark Burg.
    Watch this spot for more news as it breaks, including casting

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I think SAW needs to take a longer break or not come back at all. I enjoyed most of them (IV onwards got a bit dull) but no more is necessary.

As for your question on my opinion @hellospaceboy I dug Krampus. I had fun with it. I recommend it highly. I haven't watched It Follows yet.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Just finished watching The Other Side of the Door. Very average. It's watchable, but it misses a bunch of opportunities to be interesting and instead relies on jump scares and 'funny brown people' cliches. Oh, and Hollywood needs to stop leaning on the 'children are creepy' trope.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fuck I love it when a movie is kept a secret. These days, that's really something. Everyone's been hyped for Adam Wingard's "The Woods" (I know I was...), and tonight at SDCC it was revealed that The Woods is actually...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I get kind of an Evil Dead remake vibe from that trailer. Also, didn't the Evil Dead remake have a poster similar to that one?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    After You're Next and The Guest, I trust Wingard and Barrett to deliver. I'm in for Blair Witch.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Looks like lazy derivative horseshit, Ive seen that sort of trailer about 80 times.

Blair Witch Project remains the scariest film ive ever seen, i think its a masterpiece.

A lot of people say there is a time travel element in the first film. They end up in that house which was supposedly burnt down.
    Interesting theory.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Holy shit they're making a new Blair Witch?
    Full disclosure, I saw the first one high on weed and it scared the crap out of me.
    So when the second one came out, me and my buddy decided to do shrooms. It made what was supposed to be a shitty sequel into a terrifying experience.

Now I'm just too old for this shit but I will definitely enjoy this new installment nonetheless.
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 07-26-2016 at 06:27 AM.