Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pushingreality View Post
    I was just thinking about that...maybe because the shirt worn in the film only comes in a men's size?

https://store.nin.com/collections/cl...white-logo-tee

In any case, I thought there might be women's cuts as well for the CM x NIN shirts....but maybe that's just the desired style.
    It's 2019, the cut is called unisex, jesus christ

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Uhhh
    Dammit! That's a spoiler!@! She's obviously a Skrull with wearing a mens tee....

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Mens tee means unisex. Womens means it's for women only. For fucks sake stop it.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Mens tee means unisex. Womens means it's for women only. For fucks sake stop it.
    It's not women ~only~, just a cut for a certain body shape, to be fair

Clothing isn't gendered, etc

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Just hopping in with some personal anecdotal shit re:women's and unisex shirts:

"Unisex" men's shirts often do not fit well at all on women with a larger chest.
    Women's cut will only comfortably fit a man with small arms/shoulders.

I've lived both lives, the shirt cuts make a very big difference to anyone outside a very narrow range of body types.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Just hopping in with some personal anecdotal shit re:women's and unisex shirts:

"Unisex" men's shirts often do not fit well at all on women with a larger chest.
    Women's cut will only comfortably fit a man with small arms/shoulders.

I've lived both lives, the shirt cuts make a very big difference to anyone outside a very narrow range of body types.
    It's hardly NIN's or anybody's fault, isn't it? It's not a custom tailored suit we're talking here.
    Women with a larger chest could try larger sizes and most men should give up buying women's cut even if they like the design.

Every time when a new merch pops up there's this pointless, gender related discussion.
    They said it's a "mens shirt" just to give us an idea of what it looks like, and this discussion started...
    I really don't know why people focus on this wording/phrasing stuff. It's as if people want to find something offensive when there's no intention.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I really don't know why people focus on this wording/phrasing stuff. It's as if people want to find something offensive when there's no intention.
    Probably because "men" isn't the default, but society sure does like to pretend it.
    It's as if language is the chief means of communication for our species, and so a lack of intended offense can still cause one due to carelessness.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I could care less about the movie and even i want that T-Shirt!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    It's hardly NIN's or anybody's fault, isn't it? It's not a custom tailored suit we're talking here.
    Sorry, I missed the part of my post where I said it was anyone's fault, especially NIN's. Care to point it out?

Women with a larger chest could try larger sizes
    Well no fuck. That's usually what women have to do, which then leads to looking like they're wearing a nightgown because it's not just bigger in the chest area, but also in the sleeves and length. I mean, this is LITERALLY THE REASON WHY "women's-cut" EXISTS.

and most men should give up buying women's cut even if they like the design.
    Well no fuck part 2. As someone who collects NIN shirts, it especially sucks that now I can't wear two amazing shirts that I bought at my very first show because they're women's-cut.

Every time when a new merch pops up there's this pointless, gender related discussion.
    I mean, it's not pointless, because people are expressing how they love a shirt but can't wear it because of the cut (very VERY few shirts ever come out in both cuts).

They said it's a "mens shirt" just to give us an idea of what it looks like, and this discussion started...
    They said it's a "men's shirt" because "unisex" is a masculine shape'd shirt, I'd imagine.

I really don't know why people focus on language, it's as if people want to have a way to communicate their thoughts.

Listen, I'm sure your post was more in reaction to the entire discussion and not JUSt mine, but my post was literally just explaining the differences between the two styles of shirt, and that "unisex" isn't really very unisex. I wasn't complaining. I wasn't "offended" (and can I just say wow fuck off for that bullshit).
    I do agree that it's ironic that a shirt for a movie about woman is only available in a style that often does not fit well to women. But it was a "um... lol" moment, not a "ANGRY NOISES AND RAGE HOW DARE MEN BLAH BLAH BLAH" rant.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Went for the grey version and the NIN pin.

It's not every day my fandoms cross paths.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Well no fuck. That's usually what women have to do, which then leads to looking like they're wearing a nightgown because it's not just bigger in the chest area, but also in the sleeves and length. I mean, this is LITERALLY THE REASON WHY "women's-cut" EXISTS.
    Well no fuck part 2. As someone who collects NIN shirts, it especially sucks that now I can't wear two amazing shirts that I bought at my very first show because they're women's-cut.

Listen, I'm sure your post was more in reaction to the entire discussion and not JUSt mine, but my post was literally just explaining the differences between the two styles of shirt, and that "unisex" isn't really very unisex. I wasn't complaining. I wasn't "offended" (and can I just say wow fuck off for that bullshit).
    I do agree that it's ironic that a shirt for a movie about woman is only available in a style that often does not fit well to women. But it was a "um... lol" moment, not a "ANGRY NOISES AND RAGE HOW DARE MEN BLAH BLAH BLAH" rant.
    First two sentences were for you, the others for everyone. I thought it was pretty clear.

I really don't know why people focus on language, it's as if people want to have a way to communicate their thoughts.
    I'm just fed up with this Politically Correct Language bullshit.

the shirt cuts make a very big difference to anyone outside a very narrow range of body types.
    A shirt fit cannot possibly be perfect for everyone, but "men's cut", which usually means it's a perfectly normal unisex shirt, fits a lot of men and women. It's the most viable model.
    As far as I'm concerned, I won't say it's narrow.

The powers that be must've thought there's much more men than women who will potentially buy this shirt, hence only men's cut.
    It's just how it works. I do feel sorry for those who can't wear this shirt because of this so-called issue.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Maybe someday you'll get over yourself. Until then feel free to fuck off once more. Literally NOTHING that has been said has anything to do with being "politically correct".

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Alright snowflake, if you can't handle interacting with people who have different points of view, you don't have to project your own problems on other people.

As someone who's traded in tshirts, there is most definitely a difference between a Men's fit and a Women's fit, and that's why there are two different fits available, and why when I offer both Men's and Women's fits, women generally buy the women's fit shirts. We're not talking about being politically correct, we're talking about the reality that people come in different shapes and sizes.

Given that the main character of Captain Marvel is a woman, I was a little surprised to see the shirt wasn't offered in what is generally referred to as a women's fit. That the following day was International Women's Day, I think there was a missed opportunity there. Now, you could be a troglodyte about it and complain about political correctness, but if you wanted to counter my "uhhh" with a more reasoned debate, you could make the points that with the movie having been set in the 90s, there were not only no NIN shirts being put out in a women's fit in the 90s, but also no white shirts with a gray NIN logo in the 90s. And as Rob Sheridan pointed out, the shirt in the movie doesn't even have the correct proportions!

But that's not the path you chose. You said this discussion about men's and women's fit is pointless, mostly because it doesn't affect you. By extension, you're arguing that empathy has no place in society, right? "Get over it" you say. Taking that line of thinking, I could ban you and delete all the posts you made over the years, because they're pointless and don't affect me.

Relax!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I just hate modern "slim" fitting shirts with super thin material, as it seems like most everything is these days. Thats one reason I tend to not purchase shirts online anymore unless it states specifics.

Give me an old school Gildan XL and im happy

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Someone I admire once said, "Lots of assholes here!"

Sorry ya'll, I couldn't help myself, lol.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Maybe someday you'll get over yourself. Until then feel free to fuck off once more. Literally NOTHING that has been said has anything to do with being "politically correct".
    That was a response to a very particular section of your original post.
    This was my original post you quoted,

I really don't know why people focus on this wording/phrasing stuff.
    And I'll quote you again.

Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure
    So that's why I responded with, it's because "I'm fed up with Politically Correct Language". I think it's too much.

Although I have written a great deal more than that one sentence, you choose to attack me by quoting me completely out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant
    Given that the main character of Captain Marvel is a woman, I was a little surprised to see the shirt wasn't offered in what is generally referred to as a women's fit. That the following day was International Women's Day, I think there was a missed opportunity there. Now, you could be a troglodyte about it and complain about political correctness, but if you wanted to counter my "uhhh" with a more reasoned debate, you could make the points that with the movie having been set in the 90s, there were not only no NIN shirts being put out in a women's fit in the 90s, but also no white shirts with a gray NIN logo in the 90s. And as Rob Sheridan pointed out, the shirt in the movie doesn't even have the correct proportions!
    Now that's a discussion I want to see here. It's informative and NIN related.
    Scroll up, and what you see is a completely different, quite futile discussion.

You said this discussion about men's and women's fit is pointless, mostly because it doesn't affect you. By extension, you're arguing that empathy has no place in society, right? "Get over it" you say. Taking that line of thinking, I could ban you and delete all the posts you made over the years, because they're pointless and don't affect me.
    That is NOT what I said. I did say I feel sorry for those who can't wear this shirt because of this problem. Not more, not less.

Until then feel free to fuck off once more.
    No.
    I wasn't "offended" (and can I just say wow fuck off for that bullshit)
    I just have a quite different point of view than a lot of you guys here. And I don't think it's me who's having problem with handling other points of view, on any issue.
    Last edited by Lerxto; 03-09-2019 at 07:09 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Sorry, I missed the part of my post where I said it was anyone's fault, especially NIN's. Care to point it out?

I mean, it's not pointless, because people are expressing how they love a shirt but can't wear it because of the cut (very VERY few shirts ever come out in both cuts).

They said it's a "men's shirt" because "unisex" is a masculine shape'd shirt, I'd imagine.

I am 100% in support of this post. Furthermore, even though I’m a dude, I think it’s weird that a shirt that is explicitly associated with a female hero is listed only in men’s sizes. I’m sure that’s not a Trent Reznor executive decision. But whoever made that call missed the mark. I’m not full of rage about it, just disappointed. We all have our biases and someone should learn from this.

I’m sure not all women want a fitted shirt and there is room for debate about all of that. But missed opportunity here no doubt.

And Poro765, nobody is here for your political correctness complaints. Language matters. If you are tired of people policing your language, imagine how it must feel to be systematically marginalized your entire life, to the point that the language itself has been constructed to exclude you. Quit arguing with people and listen and grow.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I am 100% in support of this post. Furthermore, even though I’m a dude, I think it’s weird that a shirt that is explicitly associated with a female hero is listed only in men’s sizes. I’m sure that’s not a Trent Reznor executive decision. But whoever made that call missed the mark. I’m not full of rage about it, just disappointed. We all have our biases and someone should learn from this.

I’m sure not all women want a fitted shirt and there is room for debate about all of that. But missed opportunity here no doubt.

And Poro765, nobody is here for your political correctness complaints. Language matters. If you are tired of people policing your language, imagine how it must feel to be systematically marginalized your entire life, to the point that the language itself has been constructed to exclude you. Quit arguing with people and listen and grow.
    See, I know where you are coming from but I just don't share your view. I do not agree with your opinion. So don't tell me to listen and grow as if your view is correct and mine is wrong.
    Language matters, but not this much. Men, in general, means humankind as a whole now. It originally meant "male human beings", but no more.
    Systematically marginalized your entire life to the point that the language is constructed to exclude you? Please.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)

poro765 appears to have arrested development, we don't need to beat them up over it, that only makes poro765 talk more about things, and that's clearly going nowhere.
    More posts about merch from here on out, thanks.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    So, I sat on it too long and missed out, if anyone has an ANXIETY patch it's the only one I need to complete my set (and thus, my patch jacket). I was going to wait until there were more things in the shop to buy WITH it because paying shipping for just a little patch seemed silly.
    And seriously, whose entire dick do I need to suck to get some other enamel pin options? I have a mighty need for an AIR flag pin.
    Yes, shirts are awesome. I have like 40. I'd love to see some more accessory-type items.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post

poro765 appears to have arrested development, we don't need to beat them up over it, that only makes poro765 talk more about things, and that's clearly going nowhere.
    More posts about merch from here on out, thanks.
    Don't sleep on that Ignore function, folks. I can tell I chose wisely at some point.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Purchased the white NIN shirt (same one that Captain Marvel wears, but not for that reason). Bought myself a large instead of a medium because i felt that the tour shirts in a Medium fit me TOO perfectly. Meaning, if it ever shrinks, I'm fucked. The shirt came pretty quickly and I tried it on, it certainly is larger than a medium (mostly longer than anything else) so I am hoping that when I give it a nice wash, it will shrink up a bit and fit the way I want it to. Other than that, happy with the shirt. My only white NIN shirt haha.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I just hate modern "slim" fitting shirts with super thin material, as it seems like most everything is these days. Thats one reason I tend to not purchase shirts online anymore unless it states specifics.

Give me an old school Gildan XL and im happy
    Seriously. I bought the shirt Larson wears in the movie, tried it on, and transformed into Captain Nipples.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I just hate modern "slim" fitting shirts with super thin material, as it seems like most everything is these days.
    BRAH..... YESSSS..... I literally lost 120 lbs down to about 230 and I STILL can't find any shirts because of "slim" fitting. Highly annoying.

I did get the "Yes, EVeryone Seems to Be Asleep" long sleeve and I am stoked beyond all hell.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Seriously. I bought the shirt Larson wears in the movie, tried it on, and transformed into Captain Nipples.
    This was what I was talking about in my post above yours. I bought the shirt one size up from what I usually wear. I usually wear a M so i bought an L. Once I washed it and put it in the dryer for a bit, it fit me like a perfect M. No nipples could be seen!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    This was what I was talking about in my post above yours. I bought the shirt one size up from what I usually wear. I usually wear a M so i bought an L. Once I washed it and put it in the dryer for a bit, it fit me like a perfect M. No nipples could be seen!
    You and your nipples are lucky. I must just have showy nipples...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    New shirts:

https://store.nin.com/collections/cl...on-allover-tee

https://store.nin.com/collections/cl...ip-allover-tee

Really cool but I can't take a chance on a $40 tee...been burned too many times by merch.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    ^ Those new shirts are really cool. I wish they weren't $40, but I might have to get one anyway!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    ^ Those new shirts are really cool. I wish they weren't $40, but I might have to get one anyway!
    $40 is probably the max I'd pay for a tee shirt but not sight unseen. I appreciate it's using a different printing technique and being made in limited quantities...I get it. But too many unknowns...gonna fade / twist in the wash? Is the logo off center or crooked? Shitty fabric? All things I've experienced in the past.