Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Process of elimination, it has to be The Province Of Fear or Unintended Consequences, as we've seen the liner notes for all the other tracks
    yep. i thought so, too... must be one of those 2 bonus tracks.

edit: duh. just saw this: http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...1293#post71293

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    $15.32 (CDN) from Amazon.ca (free shipping).
    I can't believe it's cheaper to get it off the internet than going in to grab it at HMV, it's freaking $19.99! how is that justified. Arghh........

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    wtf

And it's only $9.99 at Amazon.com. Also, the amazon.ca vinyl price is ridiculous ($53.77)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    #recordlabels

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Wait, none of the vinyls will be shipping out until March 19? Is that what you guys meant on the last page?

Damn. I think that's going to delay my entire package.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...87472190337024

Hm.
    Last edited by gorast; 02-23-2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: HTDA vinyl shit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Loving this - particularly ATSBTS, Strings & Attractors, Too Late. After not liking it at first, How Long has grown on me too. It seems quite 80s to me (which to me is a good thing) Recursive Self Improvement reminds me of the b-side to a Duran Duran single called 'faith in this colour' where the vocals were warped and hidden behind effects, it's getting some flak but I really like it

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rob Sheridan's customer support is 50 times better than people who's actual jobs are Customer Support. Dude is always on top of thing.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I already pre ordered the vinyl, but could someone please PM me a link to full album download? Thanks!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Has the version with the bonus tracks leaked out yet?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Has the version with the bonus tracks leaked out yet?
    That won't leak until someone physically is holding the vinyl. So don't get your hopes up until around March 5th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No offense to Trent and crew, but I generally don't pre-order from the official websites. I've just been burned one too many times on physical orders, though everything I've heard otherwise regarding their service has been excellent. Anyway, there is a good indie shop near my home that always gets the vinyl, and that's what I want so I'll be there on March 5th.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Damn it. I wonder what the error was.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Nooooo! That's disappointing. I suppose that's what downloads the day of release are for. I still haven't listened to the album: the Pitchfork stream has gaps between tracks, right? If so, I'd rather just wait a bit more. The visuals are kickass, though! Especially that blinking eye. The Pitchfork Advance format definitely seems appropriate for HTDA in particular. I don't think I've seen any other albums they've streamed utilize looped motion graphics.

I'm just hoping this manufacturing error doesn't turn into another Dragon Tattoo deluxe edition fiasco - not saying that the wait wasn't worth it for that, but it was pretty brutal.
    Last edited by Deadpool; 02-24-2013 at 12:37 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Nooooo! That's disappointing. I suppose that's what downloads the day of release are for. I still haven't listened to the album: the Pitchfork stream has gaps between tracks, right? If so, I'd rather just wait a bit more. The visuals are kickass, though! Especially that blinking eye. The Pitchfork Advance format definitely seems appropriate for HTDA in particular. I don't think I've seen any other albums they've streamed utilize looped motion graphics.

I'm just hoping this manufacturing error doesn't turn into another Dragon Tattoo deluxe edition fiasco - not saying that the wait wasn't worth it for that, but it was pretty brutal.
    The impression I got from that disaster was that it wasn't necessarily worth the wait - persistent manufacturing errors, warped vinyls, etc. But whatever.

I'm annoyed because my CD and Black Mirror t-shirt are lumped into the same order as the vinyl and that means they'll probably all be delayed.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    wtf

And it's only $9.99 at Amazon.com. Also, the amazon.ca vinyl price is ridiculous ($53.77)
    Yeah i know! and even a similar thing again with the HMV vinyl!

so amazon.com = $26.70, amazon.ca = $53.77 and hmv.ca (whether in store or otherwise) = $64.99
    WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Recursive Self Improvement reminds me of the b-side to a Duran Duran single called 'faith in this colour' where the vocals were warped and hidden behind effects, it's getting some flak but I really like it
    Good shout, that's spot on, hadn't made that connection! Still see similarities with Simple Minds circa 83 too.

Have also just realised that Too Late, All Gone, is Me, I'm Not re-tooled...that's a good thing btw...
    Last edited by simonn; 02-24-2013 at 04:55 AM.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    has this leaked for a download anywhere?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The outro of Strings and attractors reminds me of the 56 sec point of AATCHB (or the background melody at 2:48 of The Great Below).
    Last edited by blassster; 02-24-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Smoked a bowl and listened again today. I found myself completely in awe of Keep It Together where before I was lukewarm. It really is a fantastic mood piece. Too Late, All Gone is also amazing - when I think about the kind of "duet" I wanted to hear from Trent and Q, I didn't expect something this awesome. I think this is Trent's best work of the past five years of his output.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I could listen to Too Late, All Gone and Strings and Attractors all day, every day.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    I think this is Trent's best work of the past five years of his output.
    I think it's the best thing he's worked on since Still. Sounds even better with each listen.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Rob Sheridan's customer support is 50 times better than people who's actual jobs are Customer Support. Dude is always on top of thing.
    I'm trying to figure out what is the day to day of Rob. I hope it's not waiting around Trent.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The WO preview on P4K goes down tomorrow, for anyone who wants to archive it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    The WO preview on P4K goes down tomorrow, for anyone who wants to archive it
    Grabbed the images and videos the day it went live. It's nice, but knowing there will be much more in the PDF, I'm not terribly concerned about it.

What I'm more concerned about is the potential delay of the vinyl release, though Rob hasn't said anything yet so I'm assuming it may not be as big a problem as we feared.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I can't believe it's cheaper to get it off the internet than going in to grab it at HMV, it's freaking $19.99! how is that justified. Arghh........
    They corrected the price finally!

It is now 12.99 for the CD vers. at HMV not 20 dollars anymore, thank fuck.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjaks View Post
    Ooh I like the Obi's colouring. Any word on if there's anything different for the Japanese pressing?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjaks View Post
    thanks, key.
    i ordered one a couple of days ago.

cd japan says 'the first release is sold out'
    what do they mean?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    thanks, key.
    i ordered one a couple of days ago.

cd japan says 'the first release is sold out'
    what do they mean?
    I believe CDs are pressed in smaller quantities in Japan, but if the first release is sold out, that means they're going to repress it very soon.