Page 19 of 137 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    So Chiwetel Ejiofor, who should have been cast as Doctor Strange, imo, has been cast as Baron Mordo.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Fantastic actor. I hope they don't make a shitty character like they did with CBR's example of Whiplash.

Also, I think Ant-Man is going to be great, and most of the people who think it won't be will either eat their words or probably just don't like Marvel movies in general, so there's that.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I think the cracks are finally starting to show through... Mediocre Avengers 2 and now a very uncertain future. Marvel's victory with Spider Man is begining to look like theyre undoing as they narrow a pool of hugely unpopular casting choices, that the greater public will just feel confused by. This reboot demands a super strong choice and going the baby face teen route WILL have us waiting for reboot 4.

Unkess they turn it around the last bastion of their success will be Netflix. Hoping Season 1 of daredevil wasnt a fluke.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It really looks like Marvel is actively trying to "out-shit" themselves with Ant-Man. It's like Marvel saw the reaction to movies like Captain America 1, Captain America 2, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, and basically every other Marvel film, and thought "You think this is bad, you motherfucking people over the age of 12 who like good movies? Wait till you see Paul Rudd riding a fucking robot insect of sorts. Then you'll appreciate Captain America more." So this will be the ugly chick's fat friend that she has to make her look more attractive by comparison.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Bastard View Post
    It really looks like Marvel is actively trying to "out-shit" themselves with Ant-Man. It's like Marvel saw the reaction to movies like Captain America 1, Captain America 2, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, and basically every other Marvel film, and thought "You think this is bad, you motherfucking people over the age of 12 who like good movies? Wait till you see Paul Rudd riding a fucking robot insect of sorts. Then you'll appreciate Captain America more." So this will be the ugly chick's fat friend that she has to make her look more attractive by comparison.
    besides the fact that i completely disagree with you, your metaphor is awful and offensive. get a better attitude, dude.

also, the captain america movies & iron man 3 are my favorite in the marvel franchise, so far. iron man 2 was awful, i'll agree with you on that, but the others you mention are fantastic. and i'm excited for ant man.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow. Did I just stumble upon a forum of overly sensitive pussies?

I don't care if you like this shit. But don't kid yourself. This capeshit and glorified action figure commercials are far from "fantastic." The first Iron Man and CA and GOTG were decent for Marvel superhero movies.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Did you find any of the Marvel movies to be more than "decent?" What about the Daredevil series on Netflix?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm actually understating how much I liked IM and GOTG. I absolutely loved Daredevil. It focuses on telling a good story instead of trying to cater to as wide of an audience as possible and being just a glorified action figure commercial and adhd-tier cgi fest. I'm still not 100% about the suit but I'm thinking it could change as the story progresses. I loved that they actually gave the villain some depth and you can almost sympathize with him. I'm really looking forward to season 2. Hopefully, they can manage to keep what made season 1 awesome and expand on it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Bastard View Post
    Wow. Did I just stumble upon a forum of overly sensitive pussies?

I don't care if you like this shit. But don't kid yourself. This capeshit and glorified action figure commercials are far from "fantastic." The first Iron Man and CA and GOTG were decent for Marvel superhero movies.
    A bunch of pussies. Yep, you got us pegged down. Learn to take criticism or better yet, act as if you're an adult fully capable of articulating film criticism without sounding like a teenager on 4chan.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So I'm only allowed to take criticism and not respond to it? Got it. I was simply pointing out the silliness of someone being offended of my metaphor of a shitty looking movie that looks terrible even by comic book movie standards. Even they know how bad this character is... Look at the meta joke at the end... "Is it too late to change the name?" Get it? They're in on the joke!!

Quit getting so touchy over a damn comic book movie.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Who said I was being touchy? Your metaphor was tasteless and even worse, not funny.

I see that you haven't been a board member for long and don't have a very long post history so maybe you should observe more than post to get a better impression of the mood of the board.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Please fake Odin let this be true pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    All my excitement for anything Spider-Man is pretty much gone, I'll definitely be waiting to see what they do though with the cameo because only then might i find some reason to validate any new excitement but until then pretty much steady as we go.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Who the fuck is this twerp?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I have more faith in new Spiderman movie with Marvel being in the driving seat this time around. If this was Sony that was in control of it, then I'd be worried.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Uh.... I don't think I want a new Spider-Man movie. The last one left a bad taste in my mouth.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    So a casting call has gone out for Infinity War, Part 1 and yeaaah.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

The Marvel Thread

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm still looking forward to the next season, but does this seem a little crowded? I thought I read Bullseye is going to be in, then Punisher, now Elektra? Maybe not. Maybe just random appearances for the first two? I guess we'll see. Still hyped.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    They could pull a Night Nurse with Elektra and give her limited appearances to hold back on the overload. I would say the same for Punisher, but I think they've already said that he'll have a major role, so he might be a co-lead like Kingpin was. I think introducing Elektra and having her in a few episodes this season and then expanding her role next season would be a great way to do it.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Daredevil seems way crowded, and since we are out of the initial arc and into costumed super hero territory, and since there were some shakeups with the show runners, i harbor some concern for the future of the show. Of course it was so good, so regardless of that i cant wait to see more.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    As someone who has gotten over superhero shit, I absolutely loved the first season and really hope they do not fuck up what they built here. I kind of wish they stuck with his original costume but I understand and appreciate his reason for needing an upgrade and how they went about him getting his costume instead of going straight into another vigilante with a gimicky costume. Did it seem bulky to anyone, though? I need to watch this again.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Argh, really don't like the casting choice for Spidey. Oh and Netflix Daredevil is the best thing to come out of the Marvel Universe in a while. Can't wait for season 2!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    SDCC Deadpool trailer: Quality is shit but it'll do for now.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    You mean... Deadpool trailer?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Yes, sorry, it was late last night.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Yes, sorry, it was late last night.
    Geez orestes, I had no idea what you meant with that extra l. Good thing we corrected you and cleared that up.

Anyway, PUMPED.