Page 450 of 485 FirstFirst ... 350 400 440 448 449 450 451 452 460 ... LastLast
Results 13,471 to 13,500 of 14523

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm a big Christian fan but this late game "one last run" trend in wrestling gets a bit stale after awhile. He won’t win anyways but I still could care less if he has a title match. He's still competent and good in the ring but I want fresh, hot talent tearing up the cards. Not legacy former WWE employees.
    And I was wrong.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    That was the best match I've seen from Christian in... years. That chair bump at the end looked SO good.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I'm happy for Christian, and now it's the time, since this could be the guy last run...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Hope it’s a short reign. Don’t want him with a 6+ month run with it.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Hope it’s a short reign. Don’t want him with a 6+ month run with it.
    If it's just the Impact title i got no issue, but if it's the AEW title that would suck.
    I'm no AEW mark or anything, but i think Hangman Page deserved that title a long time ago.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    From the Observer site:
    For the second straight night, WWE SmackDown Women's Champion Bianca Belair and Sasha Banks did not appear at a WWE live event. Again citing "unforeseen circumstances," their absence was announced to the crowd at Sunday's show in Columbia, South Carolina. Both missed Saturday's event in Charlotte, North Carolina, with the same unforeseen circumstances cited as the reason.

They also advertised Charlotte for Charlotte's show basically up to the weekend, and she was in Mexico for Triplemania. Ric went out with Andrade.
    Last edited by poinoup; 08-16-2021 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Reliable cut and paste formatting.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm going to do a separate post for this one: Fuego del Sol's contract post-match was a shoot. Reminds me a lot of Regal being in person to offer an NXT contract to Shotzi.
    Last edited by poinoup; 08-16-2021 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    https://www.wrestlecade.com/guests/

I definitely will go to this I believe. They added a ton of new guests.

I'd buy a Meet and Greet Photo/Autograph for Kane, Malakai Black and Deonna Purrazzo.

Exciting.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Black's match card render is perfection.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    He’s going to murder Arn’s baby boy.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I started to get back into wrestling just when Punk dropped the pipe bomb promo. Loved his mic work but never really thought he lived up to the best in the world moniker from an in ring standpoint. Tonight's Rampage should be interesting, and I hope the crowd doesn't hijack/take the show hostage until they see their dude.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    I started to get back into wrestling just when Punk dropped the pipe bomb promo. Loved his mic work but never really thought he lived up to the best in the world moniker from an in ring standpoint. Tonight's Rampage should be interesting, and I hope the crowd doesn't hijack/take the show hostage until they see their dude.
    I loved CM Punk but honestly, I kinda wish he wouldn't return. Myself and most other fans moved on. The guy has one hell of an ego problem and I guarantee if he isn't in main event matches and high profile feuds he wouldn't be signing so I'm sure he'll hijack most of the main event scene making home grown AEW talent and indie stars from the past 4-6 years less relevant in angles on there unless they lose. I'm much more invested in The Elite, Malakai Black, Miro, Best Friends, Dark Order, The Pinnacle and The Inner Circle than I am about a returning CM Punk some 7 years later.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    1) The potential for distraction rollups is present in almost every SummerSlam match.

2) SD should totally end with The Fed trolling the crowd by playing "Cult of Personality."

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I'll bite, not a hardcore fan or anything, but i'm watching AEW tonight...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Goosebumps. Chills. So happy Punk is back. We have a motherfucking war.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Well they did it. Only took 7 years and a failed UFC stint to make him see the light. I'm still a huge fan and he was always one of my favorites but I just hope the toxicity doesn't spill into AEW like it did in his final days in WWE. He just bashed them in his promo (because of course) so I hope it's a one and done statement. I just hope AEW upstarts and the core roster there doesn't take a curb side seat for his return.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Well they did it. Only took 7 years and a failed UFC stint to make him see the light. I'm still a huge fan and he was always one of my favorites but I just hope the toxicity doesn't spill into AEW like it did in his final days in WWE. He just bashed them in his promo (because of course) so I hope it's a one and done statement. I just hope AEW upstarts and the core roster there doesn't take a curb side seat for his return.
    Don’t be too excited. Yeesh.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Don’t be too excited. Yeesh.
    Sorry, just fearful of the core AEW guys after signings like this.

History repeats itself with most things in the wrestling world.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    God damn I am so fucking excited.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I changed my mind. God is real

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I melted down into pure joy on all my social medias.

I’m elated. I needed this.

More importantly, Punk needed this and wrestling needed this.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I agree, Punk and Bryan can be potential game-changers for AEW, as i said on my earlier post not a hardcore AEW fan, but i like the fact they are building a strong brand and becoming a true alternative to WWE's dumb-ass product.

So i want AEW to do great, because competition is always a good thing and with this AEW can become a true competitor to the WWE, hopefully they'll make the right decisions.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    It still feels surreal to me to be watching in real time a new company wipe their ass with WWE and bring back the excitement that I had in the 90s.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I did not get a shirt but I did get free ice cream.

It really is the quickest way to my heart. I’m so glad I was there.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm going to be in the minority here. It's been seven years, and I just don't care anymore. Sure, the crowd going nuts is great, but the crying fans are a BIT much. Well, I'll let it play out and see where it goes.

I wish they'd focus more on the "homegrown" talent. That roster is getting pretty damn crowded.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Well, I guess I got a few hours of fun and now I’m kinda salty again because of comments like this. How do you two not get this?

Darby Allin could not hide his excitement (he broke character!) to face Punk. Punk said he’s there to work with the younger guys and make them better. How do you not get Darby’s star is going to rise even bigger after this, win or lose? Are you not excited to see him work with Omega and The Bucks for the first time?! Check to see if your souls are still there if not.

This is not only going to make anyone that works with Punk better but also is going to make the company a force. Wait until Danielson shows up next month. Vince is big mad which is great, fuck him (fuck Dunn, fuck Paul too), but he’s also concerned and he should be.

I will leave you all with this and I certainly didn’t say it first but I most definitely feel it. It’s so goddamn refreshing to have my passion and love for wrestling be rewarded by a wrestling company ran by people who love wrestling instead of it being trampled, mocked, depleted and used as a swerve by the biggest sPoRtS eNtErTaInMeNt company. AEW didn’t outright tell us Punk was coming back but Tony and Punk said and did enough to SELL OUT the United Center. You won’t take this feeling from me. I haven’t had a lot of fun and hope over the last 5 years; arguably longer than that. The rise of AEW has shown us wrestling fans still exist. I trust them to keep moving in that direction and I don’t expect it to be a perfect thing because nothing is.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I have no idea how anyone can be unhappy with Punk returning. Right now, on ESPN.com the second headline is "CM Punk makes pro-wrestling return with AEW." Sportscenter covered this. Beyond the fact that CM Punk returned, AEW just dove into the mainstream in an absolutely gigantic way.

Oh, and CM Punk returned as a full-time wrestler and is having a match with Darby Allin in two weeks.

Edit: Also if you have not watched it, watch this:

Punk states that he wants to do what the stars did for him when he was coming up. This isn't WWE bringing in Goldberg, or The Rock, or John Cena, or Hulk Hogan, or Triple H to destroy their top stars for a ratings bump. This is a huge name coming in to actually help build up the young guys. Sure, he's going to win some matches, but in the end, we're going to see people like Darby Allin, Malakai Black, Pac, and MJF becoming bigger names and better wrestlers because they worked with Punk.
    Last edited by ThinkIcouldburn; 08-21-2021 at 10:07 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Rewatched the entrance again this morning. Literal tears came out of my fucking face holes this morning.

it’s still real to me dammit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Sorry, y’all. I’ve been watching almost 32 years and I’ve seen it all before. Some just don’t care for the dude. Sure, then pop was great, but I’m waiting for Danielson more so. He’s more reliable in the ring. Here’s hoping I’m wrong, but I hope he doesn’t sound like a dude who never got over a girlfriend years ago. I love AEW, but they need to slow down on The Fed references.

It was typical WWE office to get back at him by sending him the release on his wedding day. Carnies, yo.

Here’s the one thing I’d book though: Punk sits down for an in-ring promo. A few lines in the lights go out, and when they come back up Malakai is cross legged as well, face to face.

Maybe I’m just a jaded mark, but I’ve seen this all before.

Otherwise, I just started reading Heath McCoy’s book on the history of Stampede Wrestling and Stu. The perpetual joke of their shows never starting on time reaches back as far as Stu and Helen’s wedding. He was even 20 minutes late for that!
    Last edited by poinoup; 08-21-2021 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Poor iPhone typing.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    I have no idea how anyone can be unhappy with Punk returning. Right now, on ESPN.com the second headline is "CM Punk makes pro-wrestling return with AEW." Sportscenter covered this. Beyond the fact that CM Punk returned, AEW just dove into the mainstream in an absolutely gigantic way.

Oh, and CM Punk returned as a full-time wrestler and is having a match with Darby Allin in two weeks.

Edit: Also if you have not watched it, watch this:

Punk states that he wants to do what the stars did for him when he was coming up. This isn't WWE bringing in Goldberg, or The Rock, or John Cena, or Hulk Hogan, or Triple H to destroy their top stars for a ratings bump. This is a huge name coming in to actually help build up the young guys. Sure, he's going to win some matches, but in the end, we're going to see people like Darby Allin, Malakai Black, Pac, and MJF becoming bigger names and better wrestlers because they worked with Punk.
    Tony Kahn looked like a little kid during the whole stream, lol
    @tony.parente