Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Tycho

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Tycho

I know there's a few fans here. His new album Awake comes out next month and the singles so far are outstanding. He's definitely come a long way from being a Boards of Canada wannabe. Lots of live instrumentation all over this. Anyone else excited as I am?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The new singles are really good, and the live instrumentation sounds great. Definitely looking forward to the whole album!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Heard the whole album last night. It's very close to Dive, but adds more live instrumentation and cuts the filler. Just 8 solid tracks. Seeing the band play in 2 weeks. Excited to see the new visuals. I've seen Tycho 3 other times; twice with the full band last year and then once when it was just Scott behind a laptop a few years ago. Really awesome album. It's going to be on heavy rotation this summer.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Discovered Dive a few months ago and really liked it. Its calming and generally improves whatever mood I was in. I was wondering if this guy would ever release a new lp, so this is some welcome news.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    New album is great. Not sure if I like as much as I like Dive, but of course, I've only heard it a few times now. Dive was really important to me when that album came out and strangely held me together during a pretty rough period, so I might always end up holding that one really high.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'm gonna give it a listen today! I love everything this guy does. The visual and audio aesthetics compliment each other so well, you can tell he puts a lot of effort into making sure his art is exactly how he wants it to be. I'll never forget the first song of his I ever heard, and it's still one of my all-time favorite songs, ever. Just makes me want to lay in a grassy field in the sunlight and just...be - and I have! In the spring and summer, when I'm working out at the lake, my favorite thing to do is go to this one steep hillside and lay in the grass and just take in nature and listen to some music. It takes me to that every time I hear it.

Also, in case anyone's interested, you can download the entire compilation this track is on riiight here - http://video.adultswim.com/music/ghostlyswim/

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I'm gonna give it a listen today! I love everything this guy does. The visual and audio aesthetics compliment each other so well, you can tell he puts a lot of effort into making sure his art is exactly how he wants it to be. I'll never forget the first song of his I ever heard, and it's still one of my all-time favorite songs, ever. Just makes me want to lay in a grassy field in the sunlight and just...be - and I have! In the spring and summer, when I'm working out at the lake, my favorite thing to do is go to this one steep hillside and lay in the grass and just take in nature and listen to some music. It takes me to that every time I hear it.
    Did you go to the show he did at the Granada in Lawrence back in 2012? Great performance, despite there hardly being anyone there.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Did you go to the show he did at the Granada in Lawrence back in 2012? Great performance, despite there hardly being anyone there.
    No!!! I hadn't moved up here yet, and was still saving up money for moving up here the month after that. I was hoping to see Lawrence of Kansas City in the latest wave of tour dates, but if he had a low turnout, maybe that would turn him off of coming back? Either way, next time I can make a show, I definitely will.