Page 165 of 483 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 215 265 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,950 of 14482

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Looks like Savage is FINALLY being inducted into the HOF. Real shame WWE didn't do this while he was still living...

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    At least they'll do it, he deserved it, so much more than Hogan...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    At least they'll do it, he deserved it, so much more than Hogan...
    Savage deserved to be in the Hall of Fame more than Hogan? I'm thrilled that Savage is finally getting his worthy induction but I'm sorry, I don't follow your logic.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'd say he's just as deserving as Hogan. The only real travesty, is that they're just getting around to inducting him now, years after he's passed. He should have been inducted many years ago, alongside Hogan imo.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    PLEASE do not let Hulk Hogan induct Savage. Be a man, WWE! Let his brother do it or how about Ricky Steamboat?! Both are better choices than that leather skinned scumbag.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I'd say he's just as deserving as Hogan. The only real travesty, is that they're just getting around to inducting him now, years after he's passed. He should have been inducted many years ago, alongside Hogan imo.
    I loved Hogan growing up. Both deserve to be in there and yes, Savage should've been in years ago.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Safe bet would be Steamboat . Not sure if Lanny is going to have anything to do with it or not. He doesn't seem like he wants anything to do with it. Maybe he's changed his tune though. But, Savage and Hogan didn't exactly have the most stable relationship.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Safe bet would be Steamboat . Not sure if Lanny is going to have anything to do with it or not. He doesn't seem like he wants anything to do with it. Maybe he's changed his tune though. But, Savage and Hogan didn't exactly have the most stable relationship.
    Hogan and Savage actually patched things up right before his death sadly. The story of Randy and Hulk meeting at the doctor's office and being nice to each other was backed up by Savage's mother Judy, who Randy was taking to the hospital, and they all chatted with Hulk and his new wife. It's a shame that he passed as he really seemed he was at peace. About seven or so years before he died was when he had that brief run in TNA where he left due to health concerns (after two apperances) and because he wasn't going to be champion, put out that strange rap album and kept verbally threatening Hulk Hogan and Triple H with these weird series of online videos....even saying that he was going to steal Stephanie.

I believe the man was paranoid and really starting to have a chip on his shoulder, but around 2009-2011 I think he was finally at peace with everything before he sadly passed away. Glad he's in the Hall of Fame. There's no one that represents the WWF in the 80s more than Hulk and Savage, so it makes sense for Hogan to induct him. Your personal opinions aside. Lanny will more than likely accept the award.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 01-12-2015 at 05:25 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They say he was extremely paranoid back in the day. Very jealous and possessive. The stuff between him and Elizabeth is no joke. Rumor is that he gave Hogan that black eye before WMIX, although Hogan denies it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    He probably suffered from some moderate mental health issues that were never 100% diagnosed and medicated.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The circlejerk is absolutely out of control if people think that Randy Savage is significantly more deserving of being in the Hall of Fame than Hulk Fucking Hogan, the man whose popularity (among others, yes) is directly responsible for pro wrestling's popularity as it stands.

Savage being shafted because Vince is a man-child holding a grudge is a travesty, and this induction is definitely too little, too late, and a shitty consolation prize for his family. But it's still happening, and that's at least credit to WWE (and Steve Austin, since he looked like he was about to take Vince to town about it on his podcast back in December). But there is no reason to try and belittle Hogan's legacy just because you're mad about something. Jesus. Yeah, Hogan has tarnished his own reputation in the 2000s, but whatever, he's still the man who popularized pro wrestling with the general public.

If Lanny is accepting the award (and I hope he does, though I'll understand if he doesn't), then Hogan is the one who needs to induct him, because the two of them had so much story between them. Hogan is the choice to get it done here. No question.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Well said Destiny!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Hogan did well to restore his image a little on Chris Jericho's podcast. He's surprisingly fresh in his candor and honest about himself quite a bit. Yes he does toot his own horn at times, but that's what pro wrestlers do.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Way I see it, when it comes to guys like Hogan and Savage, it can't be one or the other for HOF . Both were extremely prolific in those early days. Hulkamania was crazy over. Daniel Bryan could be the most over guy in WWE atm. That doesn't even come close to what Hogan had. Savage (unfortunately ) was always the number two guy. Still irks me that Savage only got two title reigns there compared to Hogan's five. That's a different story though.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Triple H and Hogan SHOULD BE universally hated, though. I'm not saying Savage was always of sound mind, but...

As for Hogan on Jericho's podcast? Of course he's going to be on his best behavior, brother!

The truth is Hogan is a politicking asshole who held a lot of guys down that quite frankly were better than him. Oh, and that time he told his son who was serving time for manslaughter that maybe they'd get a reality TV deal down the line.

Triple H somehow outdid Hogan by fucking his way to the top, roiding out so much that he was slow and lethargic in the ring, and ALSO held down a list of wrestlers who were better than him.

Neither can cut a decent promo to save their lives though if you had a gun to my head, I think Hogan is slightly better.

These two earned their hate.
    Last edited by Swykk; 01-12-2015 at 09:50 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Lanny said if they wanted to induct Randy by himself, they could do so. Randy was apparently real big on the whole family going in, like the Von Erich's a few years back. Lanny kept Randy's stance after his death, but reports are that he's softened his position, but told Vince and Co. that they could induct Randy solo so long as they left Lanny out of it, didn't invite him, and didn't pay him. Lanny specifically used the phrase "30 pieces of silver" http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-hall-of-fame/

Hogan's going to get to induct Randy and he'll probably claim to have been at least 85% responsible for Savage having a career.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So, when did every WWE superstar have the exact same goddamn entrance music?? What ever happened to having unique, DIFFERENT entrance tunes? Brock Lesnar, Reigns, Ambrose and Rollins all seem to have the same music.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    So, when did every WWE superstar have the exact same goddamn entrance music?? What ever happened to having unique, DIFFERENT entrance tunes? Brock Lesnar, Reigns, Ambrose and Rollins all seem to have the same music.
    Since Jim Johnson stopped doing it in like 2011 or 2012.

To be fair, Lesnar's rules and he's had the same since 2002 so he's exempt.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post
    Lanny said if they wanted to induct Randy by himself, they could do so. Randy was apparently real big on the whole family going in, like the Von Erich's a few years back. Lanny kept Randy's stance after his death, but reports are that he's softened his position, but told Vince and Co. that they could induct Randy solo so long as they left Lanny out of it, didn't invite him, and didn't pay him. Lanny specifically used the phrase "30 pieces of silver" http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-hall-of-fame/

Hogan's going to get to induct Randy and he'll probably claim to have been at least 85% responsible for Savage having a career.
    We'll see if that happens. It's official now. Hogan's inducting him.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Facepalm all you like, what I wrote is true. I don't get why wrestling fans cling so tightly to Hogan. You liked him as a kid? Great. I didn't...but that's okay, because regardless, you read and see a wealth of evidence that shows you that he's a garbage person.
    Last edited by Swykk; 01-12-2015 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Savage deserved to be in the Hall of Fame more than Hogan? I'm thrilled that Savage is finally getting his worthy induction but I'm sorry, I don't follow your logic.
    Here's why: Savage was a better wrestler, a better worker and one of the most iconic dudes from the 80's and 90's.
    Obviously Hogan will always be the most known wrestler of all time but he's not the best, in my heart Savage was so much better and he always helped to put young guys over and even as a person was more likable than Terry Bollea.
    He'll always be known as "the second top guy in the WWE from the 80's" but to me he'll always be one of the greatest ever, that's my logic.
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 01-12-2015 at 10:49 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    BTW, what the fuck? The Genius should be inducting Savage, not Hogan, i hate how they always shove him down our throats...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Lanny will be more likely to accept the award on Randy's behalf, so that's just as good as inducting him.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm just going to assume he won't be there. Maybe he'll accept though.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm sure he'll be there. He's not on entirely bad terms with them.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I find it funny, how Hogan will end up inducting the two guys that probably hated him the most (Warrior and Randy).
    All things aside, i'm very happy for Macho Man, much deserved and long overdue.
    RAW was a bit better this week, at least we got Bryan back and liked the ending with Seth curbstomping Cena and Lesnar, i think he'll be a nice addition to the match and i'm actually looking forward for the Rumble.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Actually, it was Linda McMahon who inducted Warrior into the WWE Hall of Fame. I'm happy that Savage is going in.... finally.... I hope Rick Rude gets inducted. I love that guy. Yes, Hogan is a piece of shit.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Actually, it was Linda McMahon who inducted Warrior into the WWE Hall of Fame. I'm happy that Savage is going in.... finally.... I hope Rick Rude gets inducted. I love that guy. Yes, Hogan is a piece of shit.
    I think Sting will be inducted this year too, that will be odd but i hope it happens

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Here's why: Savage was a better wrestler, a better worker and one of the most iconic dudes from the 80's and 90's.
    Obviously Hogan will always be the most known wrestler of all time but he's not the best, in my heart Savage was so much better and he always helped to put young guys over and even as a person was more likable than Terry Bollea.
    He'll always be known as "the second top guy in the WWE from the 80's" but to me he'll always be one of the greatest ever, that's my logic.
    Ok, so you think Savage is the better wrestler. You're right.

But you're still missing the fact that Hulk Hogan helped take the WWF and wrestling to heights it had never been before. You bring up reasons why Savage was the clearly the better workER of the two, but Hogan was and will forever be a bigger...if not the biggest star. I'm too loopy on cold medicine right now to get into more details, just look back a page at what Final Destiny had to say to further prove that. Of course Hogan deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. Come on now.

Also Hogan didn't induct Warrior dude.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 01-12-2015 at 11:40 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Also I think Vince is now just trying to fuck with Roman Reigns and out cringe each promo at the next show. The guy's scripted promos are terrible as his delivery.