Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Eminem - The Slim Shady Thread

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I think the rhymes are fine it's the hooks that are terrible, but the production is on point. I'm also on the side, minority, that thinks recovery is his best album to date, I cant stand when he raps about celebrities and makes joke songs. I like the songs where he's more serious such as Till I collapse, the Bezino diss track, The Way I Am, Kim, Renegade...... I thought Recovery was in the same vain with more serious type of flow. Pitchfork Review on Recovery was terrible and Objectively wrong ,LOL,and it kind of felt like they did the review as sheeps. Fuck those guys they reviewed Kanye's MBDTF a perfect 10 and gave Recovery a 1. Pitchfork has terrible taste in rap/Hip Hop

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Anyone ever seen Eminem live? I (mostly) love what he’s done with his career, but the handful of live clips I watched there doesn’t seem to be a band (a hype man, yes) and he just plays over the complete track. Basically it seems like he sucks live, lol. Thoughts?...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    So I gave Revival a listen. Im pretty indifferent on it...but when i got to Framed, I about lost it at the chorus

But hey man, I was
    FRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMED
    I know what this looks like, officers
    Please just give me one minute
    I think I can ex
    PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIINNNNNNN
    I ain’t murdered nobody
    I know these words are so nutty
    But I’m just here to ent
    TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIINNNN
    How come your shirt is so bloody?
    There’s a missing person, so what? He’s
    Got nothin’ to do with
    MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHH

I’m almost certain I was fraaaaaaaaamed

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Eminem dropped a surprise album last night entitled Kamikaze. Four songs in, so much better than Revival.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Well this was a surprise!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Last edited by Krazy; 08-31-2018 at 10:03 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    called Tyler the Creator a fa**#t, people are pissed. Must be nice to spend all your time on twitter being outraged.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    called Tyler the Creator a fa**#t, people are pissed. Must be nice to spend all your time on twitter being outraged.
    They obviously forgot the nature of a "diss" track.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I FINALLY have Revival a listen and I liked some of it. It's nowhere near as bad as people were saying.

Although I DID say that he needed to release one more, better album.

And now this. Interesting.

I love Tyler though. I hope this beef is over soon and Em is on one of his tracks. Eminem is obviously a BIG ass influences on OF.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-31-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Album is pretty “meh” thus far. Nothing’s sticking for me, unlike something as recent as Marshall Mathers II.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Time for Em to go to the old rapper retirement home. Its all over....Go hang out with LL Cool J and Kool Moe Dee and Snoop and reminisce about the good old days.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Album's, uh, alright. The first track was really good, there were some great verses here and there, but the whole thing doesn't really feel coherent and feels more like a mixtape--just a very big budget one with a bullshit movie ad at the end. There's definitely a few out-and-out stinkers in the mix too. Revival convinced me that Em is just out of touch and he's too isolated by extreme wealth and fame to really get his finger back on the pulse. Too for-profit and image-concerned to compete with more underground stuff, too concerned with proving himself with lyrical acrobatics to compete with the mainstream hip-hop. His roasting ability is really his finest asset now--hearing him spoof the triplet-flow that's the big thing in shitty derivative hip-hop nowadays was fun.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    reminisce about the good old days.....
    He actually does that in a lot of his lyrics now!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I took one pass through on Kamikaze so far, nothing production-wise really stood out for me... kind of boring in that department. I do like however that the album is less commercialized with pop artists like Pink and Ed Sheeran, that's a step in the right direction. Some great verses peppered about and i LOVE hearing him shit all over mumble rap but yeah I'm not sure how much I'll feel like listening to this one.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I took one pass through on Kamikaze so far, nothing production-wise really stood out for me... kind of boring in that department. I do like however that the album is less commercialized with pop artists like Pink and Ed Sheeran, that's a step in the right direction. Some great verses peppered about and i LOVE hearing him shit all over mumble rap but yeah I'm not sure how much I'll feel like listening to this one.
    It's very boring. It's him just rapping over very basic beats. His rapping is top notch, and I like his lyrics, but there aren't any catchy hooks and the music is very sub-par and under-produced. It's like he turned on fruity loops and grabbed a book of lyrics, started freestyling and recorded this in a weekend.

I kind of like the more commercialized emenim. "Stepping Stone" is the best track on this record, because it strays away from the formula of the rest of the songs.
    MMLP2 was a FANTASTIC return to form. I don't know what happened. After a few dud's (relapse, recovery) he back back strong, but everything after MMLP2 he has been phoning it in.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I miss when Eminem had other rappers feature on his songs, is he afraid of being outshined on his own tracks now or what? where's Dr. Dre? where's Xzibit? where's Snoop Dogg? No 50 Cent or The Game or Obie Trice anymore? I wish Nate Dogg was still alive and killing it on his choruses. About the only notable dude on his albums lately is Royce and he's awesome but I'd love to see more guests.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 09-01-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    It's very boring. It's him just rapping over very basic beats. His rapping is top notch, and I like his lyrics, but there aren't any catchy hooks and the music is very sub-par and under-produced. It's like he turned on fruity loops and grabbed a book of lyrics, started freestyling and recorded this in a weekend.

I kind of like the more commercialized emenim. "Stepping Stone" is the best track on this record, because it strays away from the formula of the rest of the songs.
    MMLP2 was a FANTASTIC return to form. I don't know what happened. After a few dud's (relapse, recovery) he back back strong, but everything after MMLP2 he has been phoning it in.
    I agree with the first half, but for me, the commercialized Em is not my cup of tea. When he sings melody, I cringe pretty hard and cannot even listen to it. Funny because Stepping Stone is probably my least favorite song on the album. I love the beat, but it sounds so washed out with the production and the chorus ruined it for me. I do agree with the latter part of your post with everything after MMLP2 being lackluster for sure. This album is very inconsistent, but it does have its standouts like the opening track (Phew, had to catch my breath at that mid way point) Fall, Lucky You, and Not Alike are fantastic.

I can easily say I like this much better than Revival. He shows glimpses on every album post The Eminem Show that he still has it with a track here and there... but I find myself skipping almost more than half of every album.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Does anyone listen to or like Machine Gun Kelly? This is his Eminem diss track.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    welp. send prayers to MGK, cuz he's a dead man

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've only listened to the new LP once and I will say it's better than Revival. I'm not sure how I feel about it outside of that honestly. A good chunk of the album impressed me, while the rest of it left me feeling meh.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I like a couple of his features, but generally have found MGK to be meh at best. Rally hope Em does a full diss track.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Fucking accused Diddy of putting a hit out on Pac.

YIKES

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    RIP, MGK.
    Hahahaha
    I actually like mgk but em just murdered him

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Em's shit is WEAK. His insults are cartoonishly bad and it's just more of the same rhyming-words-for-the-sake-of-rhyming bullshit he's been doing since Encore. Hilarious how he just backpedaled yesterday about calling Tyler the Creator a faggot, and yet here he is hurling homophobic insults at this dude the next..

People will give Em the sympathy vote but MGK murdered him on that Labor Day diss and he just sounds like he's flailing here. A desperate middle aged rapper getting scorched by a hungrier performer. They're both idiots, but yea...this has nothing on that MGK diss.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Fatality.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Em's shit is WEAK. His insults are cartoonishly bad and it's just more of the same rhyming-words-for-the-sake-of-rhyming bullshit he's been doing since Encore. Hilarious how he just backpedaled yesterday about calling Tyler the Creator a faggot, and yet here he is hurling homophobic insults at this dude the next..

People will give Em the sympathy vote but MGK murdered him on that Labor Day diss and he just sounds like he's flailing here. A desperate middle aged rapper getting scorched by a hungrier performer. They're both idiots, but yea...this has nothing on that MGK diss.
    Are you drunk?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Are you drunk?
    Must be. This shit was on fire. Blew Kelly's diss out of the water.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post

You know I love you. But EM'S insults are weak? He fucking murdered MGK.

And I'm a big MGK fan.

But Jesus dude. Em's shots are weaker than "your beard's weird?" Weaker than " you're the greatest rapper alive but you're a dweeb? " or whatever kels said? REALLY?
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-15-2018 at 02:12 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Yea, I have to agree with the masses here. MGK was surprisingly good, but EM straight up slaughtered. I had to listen to EM's track a few times because I literally didn't know everything that he was referencing which is the separation for me. I give it to MGK for at least trying