Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN spotting 2020

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I also used to see nin stickers upside down all over the damn place. My cousin, who got me into nin and has been a fan since PHM, put a nin sticker on her vehicle upside down by mistake just a couple years ago.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    To be fair, there were a lot of people in the 90s who put NIN stickers on upside down.
    i wish the show took place in the 90s. one of my biggest issues with it is that it takes place now and it just...doesn't work the way the movie did, no matter how great zoe is.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i wish the show took place in the 90s. one of my biggest issues with it is that it takes place now and it just...doesn't work the way the movie did, no matter how great zoe is.
    Really?! I think it's excellent. I like that they set it in current day, instead of trying so hard to set it back in the 90s, which I bet they would not have fully captured. Thought it was a great, fresh new take on it.

Anyway, came here to post this that randomly popped up in my feed this morning - some new book about The Downward Spiral?

https://www.hotpress.com/culture/boo...einer-22807285

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    Really?! I think it's excellent. I like that they set it in current day, instead of trying so hard to set it back in the 90s, which I bet they would not have fully captured. Thought it was a great, fresh new take on it.

Anyway, came here to post this that randomly popped up in my feed this morning - some new book about The Downward Spiral?

"Into The Never".

Wow.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    "Into The Never".

Wow.
    Reminds me of Metallica

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post

The author visited this forum briefly two years ago asking for research materials.

They came back two days ago with details on the book's release.

I for one am hoping that somehow my absurd comments about Nike and Shia LaBoeuf (re: Just Do It) made it in. Granted, I didn't know how serious the project was, or perhaps I'd have contributed something more meaningful.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    From FB:
    "We’re sorry we won’t be giving our Watchmen keynote at SXSW this year (because we had some surprises in store!) However, it was the right decision. We will see you soon - be safe and smart.
    -T+A"

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    From FB:
    "We’re sorry we won’t be giving our Watchmen keynote at SXSW this year (because we had some surprises in store!) However, it was the right decision. We will see you soon - be safe and smart.
    -T+A"
    What's the date that this was originally supposed to happen? Just wondering if the "surprises in store" might surface/be revealed around the time it was scheduled or "soon."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From FB:
    -T+A"
    I hope they mean that literally. A surprise, in the NIN store, like a repressing of the soundtrack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i don't think this has been mentioned anywhere, but atticus (along with leopold and claudia sarne) scored the new amc series "dispatches from elsewhere"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispatches_from_Elsewhere

the show is ... interesting. the soundtrack is very good. lots of piano and sparseness

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    From FB:
    -T+A"
    Why does this feel ominous to me??? I'm probably the only one who would read "Be safe and smart" from them and be like "WTF SHIT JUST GOT REAL ASF... Like... don't breathe the air outside, don't drink the water, time to stow away in your bunkers because shits going down".... I'm sure it's just me... Lol.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Nah. I'm sure Trent's being hypervigilant because baby #5 is still on the way.
    To be honest, I'm surprised SXSW is still going on...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Nah. I'm sure Trent's being hypervigilant because baby #5 is still on the way.
    To be honest, I'm surprised SXSW is still going on...
    Pretty sure baby 5 is here.

Agreed on being surprised SXSW is still going on.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSPF View Post
    I hope they mean that literally. A surprise, in the NIN store, like a repressing of the soundtrack.
    SXSW is supposed to be 3/22.

And I'm wondering if that "surprise" is going to be the fucking SoPH shirt.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiral94 View Post
    i don't think this has been mentioned anywhere, but atticus (along with leopold and claudia sarne) scored the new amc series "dispatches from elsewhere"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispatches_from_Elsewhere

the show is ... interesting. the soundtrack is very good. lots of piano and sparseness
    This show takes place where I live and work. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm in background shots. The pilot was extra weird with it's "You go to work the same way every day" while it pans down 2nd Street, exactly where I walk to work every day.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiahbell View Post
    Why does this feel ominous to me??? I'm probably the only one who would read "Be safe and smart" from them and be like "WTF SHIT JUST GOT REAL ASF... Like... don't breathe the air outside, don't drink the water, time to stow away in your bunkers because shits going down".... I'm sure it's just me... Lol.
    The Variety writeup said several media companies are pulling out of SXSW, Warner / HBO being one of them. Seems like a corporate liability move and might not have been their decision.

Edit:
    Last edited by cdm; 03-06-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Everyone,
    My friends and I have a podcast where we talk about the rise of famous bands and artists called On In Five. We just finished up a 2 part series on the history of Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails. We do a lot of research and try to build the most complete story we can. We'd love if you'd go take a listen and let us know what you think and how we did! You can find everything at wereoninfive.com where you'll find links to all our episodes, and some bonus information on the band, or you can jump straight in on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or anywhere else you listen to podcasts. Thanks!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    About to post these up all over work.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ^^^ i did one for AATCHB and it fucking broke my heart because the final image with the open hands was just "please"

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Around the 9:18 mark. About the B movie Class of 1999. Apparently the makers of the film got to use a NIN song for $100? Lol - I guess after filming in Seattle in the evenings they’d go to clubs and check out bands. They approached Trent/the band back stage and offered to have their song in the movie. (Im sure some of you know this, but I didn’t)
    Last edited by Sandy Phimester; 03-17-2020 at 10:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Phimester View Post
    Around the 9:18 mark. About the B movie Class of 1999. Apparently the makers of the film got to use a NIN song for $100? Lol - I guess after filming in Seattle in the evenings they’d go to clubs and check out bands. They approached Trent/the band back stage and offered to have their song in the movie. (Im sure some of you know this, but I didn’t)
    That film slams, I was pleasantly surprised because I was expecting trash.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tap3worm View Post
    That film slams, I was pleasantly surprised because I was expecting trash.
    lol! Yeah it’s awesome. I’m more familiar with the first film. Love that b movie goodness

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Had no idea this existed until now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ilan Rubin will be going live on Instagram 3pm PST and may play some song requests from DMs.
    Hoping he plays Demon Seed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    kate kane aka batwoman wearing a pretty hate machine shirt in tonight's episode

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiral94 View Post
    kate kane aka batwoman wearing a pretty hate machine shirt in tonight's episode
    Saw that, loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Had no idea this existed until now!

That was one of American McGee's levels who later got Chris Vrenna to score his Alice game.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 03-22-2020 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    That was one of American McGee's levels who later got Chris Vrenna to score his Alice game.
    Makes a lot of sense that American McGee created that level. Thanks for the info!