Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2018.12.14-15 Los Angeles, CA @ Palladium

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Anybody have a ticket for 12.15 available?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Anyone want to meet up on 12/14? Coming in right after finals for the last two and would love to grab a brew and start a 2.5 week vacation/break right!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Anyone want to meet up on 12/14? Coming in right after finals for the last two and would love to grab a brew and start a 2.5 week vacation/break right!
    Will you be at the 12.15 show too? I’d be up for a post show meetup!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    Will you be at the 12.15 show too? I’d be up for a post show meetup!
    I will be, but my Uncle is flying in and haven't seen him since last September. So we'll probably be going out to dinner and catching up prior to the show.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I could only swing the 12/15 show and my flight lands while everyone will be enjoying the 12/14 show But would love to find ETSers in line on 12/15!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Come_Reptile View Post
    I could only swing the 12/15 show and my flight lands while everyone will be enjoying the 12/14 show But would love to find ETSers in line on 12/15!
    This sounds like a plan either after the show or early afternoon... they open the merch tent at 2pm saturday and you need to get there early to get anything good before the ebay assholes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anybody have a ticket for 12.15 available?
    Also looking for 1 ticket to the final show, Thx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qtheking View Post
    This sounds like a plan either after the show or early afternoon... they open the merch tent at 2pm saturday and you need to get there early to get anything good before the ebay assholes.
    The public merch tent is definitely...a choice. I may just get in line at noon. Do folks usually go out after the show? I’m usually too tired but may just be wired with it being the last show and all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have an extra ticket for the 14th. Send me a message if interested, face value.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This is completely on me, but I just realized I got scammed on a 12/15 ticket (too busy with work to really notice details). If anyone has an extra 12/15 ticket, I'd be really grateful to buy it, otherwise it's onto verified resale.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pushingreality View Post
    This is completely on me, but I just realized I got scammed on a 12/15 ticket (too busy with work to really notice details). If anyone has an extra 12/15 ticket, I'd be really grateful to buy it, otherwise it's onto verified resale.
    how'd you get scammed? I bought on the reseller market myself and want to know what happened.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    how'd you get scammed? I bought on the reseller market myself and want to know what happened.
    Took a chance on a craigslist listing that seemed legit. Seller shared a Ticketmaster PDF screenshot over text with the info blocked to show the "actual" ticket info and I paid him via Zelle...got an email from what looked like Ticketmaster (Gmail even flagged it as "Important" because the details match with a previous legit email of the same type) and the no-reply addy actually ended up being a gmail.com address. Ran the PDF ticket barcode number through ticketsnow this morning to see if it was legit and it wasn't. I should have caught that gmail.com detail when we were texting but I was distracted at work and overlooked it, but it was already a done (bad) deal after the Zelle transaction, basically.

Guy still has the listing up and dropped the price massively (I reported it, but doesn't look like it's coming down) so don't fall for it if you're tempted by the CL market.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...769406126.html

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Took a chance on a craigslist listing that seemed legit. Seller shared a Ticketmaster PDF screenshot over text with the info blocked to show the "actual" ticket info and I paid him via Zelle...got an email from what looked like Ticketmaster (Gmail even flagged it as "Important" because the details match with a previous legit email of the same type) and the no-reply addy actually ended up being a gmail.com address. Ran the PDF ticket barcode number through ticketsnow this morning to see if it was legit and it wasn't. I should have caught that gmail.com detail when we were texting but I was distracted at work and overlooked it, but it was already a done (bad) deal after the Zelle transaction, basically.

Guy still has the listing up and dropped the price massively (I reported it, but doesn't look like it's coming down) so don't fall for it if you're tempted by the CL market.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...769406126.html
    Ugh, that sucks! I'm so sorry. I'm so scared going through secondary markets. Has anyone tried the TM resales? I'm most likely going to go that route.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ugh, that sucks! I'm so sorry. I'm so scared going through secondary markets. Has anyone tried the TM resales? I'm most likely going to go that route.
    Thanks. So I did the TM verified resale ticket route for 12/14 and that's totally legit. I was trying to find a better deal for 12/15 which led me down the CL path because Ticketmaster and Stubhub are pushing up higher due to fees, but honestly the peace of mind you get from either of those sites are better than eating the cost of a fake ticket outright. Lesson learned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks. So I did the TM verified resale ticket route for 12/14 and that's totally legit. I was trying to find a better deal for 12/15 which led me down the CL path because Ticketmaster and Stubhub are pushing up higher due to fees, but honestly the peace of mind you get from either of those sites are better than eating the cost of a fake ticket outright. Lesson learned.
    I also got scammed on a 12/15 ticket b hy replying to someone posting tickets for sale via the FB event page. Paypal refunded my cash, but beware.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Hey so longshot, but i;m gonna be in LA for these shows, i'm staying at the hilton by LAX. If anyone wants to be a super cool friendo and give ya boy a ride to and/or from the shows, that'd be cool. I'd much rather pay cash to a fan then try to get an uber/lyft/whatever.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    My friend just got scammed via Zelle for Fleetwood Mac tix at the Forum tonight. Wish I had come back to this board sooner. Seems like Zelle is the key that these scammers like to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We could, unfortunately, fill an entire thread with stories like this, but the ultimate red flag is right there on Zelle's own web site:

Zelle is a great way to send money to friends, family or others you trust such as your personal trainer, babysitter, or a neighbor. If you don’t know the person, or aren’t sure you will get what you paid for (for example, items bought from an on-line bidding or sales site), we recommend you do not use Zelle for these types of transactions, which are potentially high risk.
    When the service provider tells you--straight up--not to use their service, it's a pretty compelling sign. I was not familiar with Zelle until, oddly enough, I was looking for NIN tix this fall and the seller asked to use it, but just the tiniest bit of homework and due diligence paid off and I passed.

Craigslist is a cesspool, and TM's Verified Resale is one hell of a racket for TM. Unless the artist sponsors their own exchange, private party with PayPal buyer protection is still the gold standard. eBay reputation ratings are useful, too, and anyone with an account can throw up a buy-now "auction" listing for the buyer after you have negotiated a price, and PP is built right into the site. If a seller can't be bothered to have a freaking eBay or PP account, they're either a crook or an idiot.

For anyone who hates to read fine print, be aware that PP reserves the right to ask for proof from the venue that admission was refused, so if you are ever the victim of a phony ticket scam, have the box office staff document the situation and keep a copy of everything for your records.

The secondary market can be a total pain in the ass, and is often frustrating, but it can be navigated successfully.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    For people who have been to any of the Palladium shows - thoughts on where I want to be in the balcony on Friday? Friday will be my first time at the Palladium, so just curious if there are particular locations to try for or avoid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Happy to meet before the show, if you're still interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looking for 1 single ticket for the Friday 12/14 show. PM if you've got a spare!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    120/ticket is face value + fees so not much of a carrot you’re dangling there. Lol

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abs1nthe42 View Post
    Happy to meet before the show, if you're still interested.
    Yes! Let's do it! I get in about 0845am, need to pick up my taping equipment and also check in to the hotel. I've heard there is a bar across the street. But anywhere else to possibly meet up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey all! I’m home for the Holidays from Seattle. Anyone looking to sell their ticket for any of the last shows? I didn’t think was going to be in California, but here I am!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There's a decent place across the street called The Bowery. There are tons of places within the 2 block radius. Frolic Room, 33 Taps (happy hour 3-6pm), The Well (happy hour 4-8pm) to name a few. I'll PM you too.

Yes! Let's do it! I get in about 0845am, need to pick up my taping equipment and also check in to the hotel. I've heard there is a bar across the street. But anywhere else to possibly meet up?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Welp, I got one of those overpriced TM resale tickets for 12/15. I feel pretty grungy about it, but at least I'll be at the show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looking for one ticket for Friday

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    MY. BODY. IS. READY!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really excited, y'all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    MY. BODY. IS. READY!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really excited, y'all.
    SAAAAMMMEEEEE! I think it’s gonna be one hell of a night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Looking for 1 ticket for Friday 12/14...anyone looking to sell?