Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1664

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    One thing about concerts that has pissed me off lately is this: if you're in the seats and people in front of you stand up, you can't see very well while still seated, so you stand up too.
    I will never understand people who don't stand at rock shows (people with disabilities/physical issues aside).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Sitting down at a show is so not fun for me. I’ve had people give me problems too, when clearly everyone is standing. Only once can I recall sitting at a NIN show and it was in 2007 in Paris. EVERYONE in the balcony was sitting. I couldn’t believe it.

Of course it’s different if you are physically incapable.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    One show I was in the nosebleed section (fragility tour - my second show on the tour but the first seats weren't exactly great but not nosebleed). Girls next to me were sitting down the whole show until closer started then they got up and cheered and screamed

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    True, but these balllrooms and clubs sound like utter shit (worse than arenas) as well. To each their own.
    Obviously one's mileage may vary as far as this point goes - I have specifically had the exact opposite experience/impression, with the club shows that I've been to sounding noticeably better than the arenas. Besides the many talented tapers our community is lucky to have, there's a reason why the Wave Goodbye bootlegs have such amazing sound quality - the sound popped in those venues and carried in a way that it just doesn't in the larger venues. Don't get me wrong, I love a nice theatrical arena production and have loved the shows of that kind I've attended, but if you're not in the GA pit or at least reasonably close, the sound tends to lose punch and get watered down filling the cavernous empty space of the venue.

Of course there are definitely clubs that have shitty infrastructure and speakers which squander their advantages, but in my book, clubs are where it's at. Considering the expenses involved in an arena tour - and the fact that NIN's last arena tours didn't exactly seem to be hugely profitable - I'm not sure when (or if) we'll see the band in those kind of venues again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I will never understand people who don't stand at rock shows (people with disabilities/physical issues aside).
    Rigjt?! I get if you can't or if you have to sit sometimes - my mom does this due to her arthritis, but how can you just sit there? I can never sit still at a show. Even the few times I was sitting, I was still dancing and eventually I gave up and stood the whole time. Concerts are the only time I'll dance!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I will never forget screaming my lungs out with everyone around me during Burn in Tampa in 2014 and looking in front of me and seeing a lady sitting down looking at facebook on her phone, in that moment I could feel a part of my brain permanently die. Seated-only shows for a band like NIN would only make sense in the context of a Still-style tour IMO and the lack of pit sections on that Soundgarden tour was probably the worst aspect of it, even as visual-heavy and cinematic as that show was.

Even if you're not going to be moving around a lot, having a drunk idiot knocking around and into you and making your knees hit against the plastic seats in front of you that you're not allowed to move away from can make an entire show that would be amazing absolutely horrible. I remember a completely wasted woman in her late 40s dancing around to Sanctified in West Palm that year right next to me who fell over maybe 3 times during that one song, she thankfully disappeared for the rest of it not long after, but the fact that I almost had that going on next to me for the entire set was just horrible. Arenas and amphitheatres and seats in general really bring out the "it's our night off, let's party!" crowd and I hate it so, so much. If you have physical restrictions or something I totally get the need for seats/accomodations but otherwise I cannot imagine not wanting the freedom of movement and ability to get away from crazier/ruder/annoying/shoving people that GA provides.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm not especially worried about ticket sales because the tour is still quite a way off but the price point is a legit talking point. If I hadn't covered my friend's ticket I'd be going alone because nobody wants to spend over a hundred dollars for anything short of their very FAVORITE band. And nobody in my group would probably be interested in paying 50+ for assigned seats at any show. You're not really pulling in casual fans unless they're rich when tickets are that high. There's a very small number of bands I'd pay that for, and most of them are inactive.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I’ll (probably) never going back to LA for a show. Saw A Perfect Cirlcle last year at Hollywood Bowl and after they came on we stood up, was promptly told by a few people to sit down (entire section was sitting as we turned around).

Fuck. That. Shit.

Im going to the Friday show in Phoenix. I think I’ll politely tell people “absolutely not” if I get asked to sit down. I know we’re getting older and NIN and APC aren’t exactly Slayer, but to sit through these shows is rediculous.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm all for standing up at shows, but if you're in the seated section when there's a separated standing/ground area you really should sit down.
    There are people who intentionally chose a seated option because they have reason they cannot stand throughout the show. And when people around them stand up, they should and they're entitled to tell other people around them to sit down.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I second this.
    https://old.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...el_appearance/

I really do hope Trent and NIN make another late night show appearance in support of the new album/tour. It's great to have the chance to see them perform on TV. The Kimmel performance was very cool.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    I'm all for standing up at shows, but if you're in the seated section when there's a separated standing/ground area you really should sit down.
    There are people who intentionally chose a seated option because they have reason they cannot stand throughout the show. And when people around them stand up, they should and they're entitled to tell other people around them to sit down.
    Amen. I can't stand for that long ever since I broke my back. My 60 year old mother who has a plate and screws in her neck DAMN sure can't stand for very long and she is going to be at Red rocks.

But I do feel where you guys are coming from.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's true but some people have no choice but to choose seats because GA is sold out regardless of age. I really think it depends on show honestly. Most seated shows I've been to everyone around me has been standing. There was only one show where mostly everyone sat down and I fucking hated it, but I didn't stand up the whole time since so many people were sitting. I don't think it'll be an issue at NiN shows.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    I second this.
    https://old.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...el_appearance/

I really do hope Trent and NIN make another late night show appearance in support of the new album/tour. It's great to have the chance to see them perform on TV. The Kimmel performance was very cool.
    If that happens, I hope their choice of song to perform is better than last time. Various Methods of Escape made no sense - playing a pretty dull, straightforward song that was unlikely to leave much of an impression on non-fans seemed like kind of a waste of that platform. I mean they didn't need to play a single but Copy Of A or even Came Back Haunted would have been better choices. It's not that I hate the song or anything, it's just the last song I'd pick to defend Hesitation Marks against its reputation for being a bit of a snoozer.

I know VMOE gets a good amount of love so maybe I'm alone on that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    ^^ I love that song but I hear you. This woman I was forced to be around for that taping was complaining about not hearing her favorites and I wanted to kick her in the face because she just got a free mini-show and she was bitching.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    I know VMOE gets a good amount of love so maybe I'm alone on that.
    Yeah, I know for me personally that's easily one of my favorite tracks off Hesitation Marks.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

This is maybe an odd question, but I was wondering: has anyone ever waited out after a show to get an autograph or meet Trent (or Atticus)? I don't know if NYC would be the best area to do this in, and it still feels maybe intrusive, anyway but I was kind of curious if anyone here has ever done this or had success with it?
    Last edited by Pbgut; 05-27-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    This is maybe an odd question, but I was wondering: has anyone ever waited out after a show to get an autograph or meet Trent (or Atticus)? I don't know if NYC would be the best area to do this in, and it still feels maybe intrusive, anyway but I was kind of curious if anyone here has ever done this or had success with it?
    I managed to do it, once, around 2005 in Oakland. There was a small group of us waiting near the exit of the Oakland Coliseum nearest the tour buses. As they trickeled out, we met Allesandro Cortini. He was really nice. The funny thing is that we were at the end of the line of people and when Trent walked by, everyone was awe struck and were just letting him walk on by. It was only at the last second that I blurted out, "Hey Trent, do you mind if we get your autograph." He said, sure, just a second (there were old friends meeting him so he took the time to hug them and chat before returning). Trent then went down the line, shook each of our hands and was just so gracious. It's always funny for someone famous to introduce themselves, but, he did politely shame my hand and say, "Hi, I'm Trent." He then asked if we enjoyed the show and was just really nice to each of us. One woman just wanted to give him a book of poetry, which he took. Obviously, I admire his work; but, the way he conducted himself just made me admire him that much more. One of the best memories I've had. I still laugh thinking that if I hadn't called out to him, he might have just went to his bus and we never would have met him. Good luck if you try meeting him after the show!

Here are a couple of photos from that night:
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's so cool! I always want to stay behind to see if I can catch bands but I never know where to go and I usually have to leave after the show anyway.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That's awesome. I guess I'll consider doing it, even in NYC, if Trent did not seem bothered by it in the past, because who knows when they'll next have a release to tour out with again.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Yeah, I've never had the courage to try to find where they leave the venue to go to the busses, always figured "they just want to leave". It's really awesome to hear how nice he was meeting you out back like that. Maybe someday, I'd love to just shake his hand and say thanks.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Rehearsal videos would be cool. They must be rehearsing by now, right? How about the perfect drug? I don’t really think the first time I hear that live I would want it to be from rehearsals (although all the LITS rehearsal vids were excellent), but imagine a little snippet of Ilan playing the drums on that one. This place would go nuts!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I met Trent and the band during one of the spiral meet and greets in 2005, so I guess that doesn't fully count, lol. But that's probably one of the reasons why I've never felt compelled to hang around after looking for him, lol.

I did however see Robin trying to make his way through the crowd at the aftershock festival last October. I forget what band was playing at the time, but him and someone else I didn't recognize were trying to make their way somewhere, it looked like they were kinda of in a rush, so I didn't want to bother him. In hindsight, I probably should have. But part of me is kinda worried when you approach someone famous that they will just brush you off... flake from Rammstein did that to me. The day after their show in Quebec city, I was making my way to the train station to catch a train back to Montreal and I spotted him. I told him they had a great show last night and asked for a photo, but he said no and kept walking.

Other than that, I've found Dave grohl out and about (he was really cool. Stopped for autographs and photos), john5 and twiggy. Twiggy said no photos as well. I got one with john5 thought. So it seems to be kind of hit or miss. Some are cool with it, but some are jerks. That's why I'm always kinda skeptical when wanting to approach a musician out and about. It sucks getting rejected by one of your "heroes"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

Other than that, I've found Dave grohl out and about (he was really cool. Stopped for autographs and photos), john5 and twiggy. Twiggy said no photos as well. I got one with john5 thought. So it seems to be kind of hit or miss. Some are cool with it, but some are jerks. That's why I'm always kinda skeptical when wanting to approach a musician out and about. It sucks getting rejected by one of your "heroes"
    This is my hesitation. If I do it, I have to prep myself for the very non-personal rejection of someone I've been listening to since I was 9 or 10, because they're tired after a show.

I have not one but two friends who met him due to being employed at Apple and at the precursor to Beats, known as MOG. So jealous. Apparently Trent told one friend or maybe the whole staff at MOG about "the importance of hate," or possibly "hate is important," referring to the then-current debate about having a dislike button on Facebook, which I thought was such a Trent way of putting it. And he said at the Apple cafeteria to my other friend and another employee, something along the lines of, "I wanted to be a rock star, and yet here we are," jokingly.
    Last edited by Pbgut; 05-28-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I met Trent and the band during one of the spiral meet and greets in 2005
    The only shows I was able to go to when The Spiral was around, he didn't do meet & greets or soundchecks. Still worth the money, but I am jealous of my friends who got to meet the band.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    They just confirmed NIN in Mexico City for the Festival Corona Capital, next November (minute 2:16), so i guess i'll get to watch them at the "Cold Black and infinite tour" after all, oh joy!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    They just confirmed NIN in Mexico City for the Festival Corona Capital, next November (minute 2:16), so i guess i'll get to watch them at the "Cold Black and infinite tour" after all, oh joy!

hell yes! Plus chemical bros and NEW ORDER?! Not bad!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post

Well, now everyone can stop bitching that it's not a "North Ameican" tour. Because now it is, lol.

But Canada is still missing. I know we don't have any festivals here in November (brrrr! Would be too cold) but hopefully we get some shows thrown in there in November.
    With the news of this festival mid-November, that's highly unlikely now actually. The only chance now is right after Chicago (oct 27th) and before this festival starts, So they have 2 weeks to squeeze a mini cross-Canada tour in from Toronto to Vancouver and then head down to Mexico. Could happen, but i'm not holding my breath, that's starting to get to be way too packed of a tour schedule.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Poster

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Trent needs to bring back CBH this tour!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Trent needs to bring back CBH this tour!
    I’m okay without it and am really happy that Copy of A is the song that’s been kept around from that album.