Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 2047

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    For anyone interested, the score is now on Spotify

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    is the version they sell on amazon (cd package, not mp3) the same they sell on nullco?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I would imagine so, doesn't make sense two print two digipaks

edit: Mine just came from Null, so Eu orders should be coming in today and tomorrow, if not already there
    Last edited by sheepdean; 12-29-2011 at 06:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    excellent, i haven't had any sort of email from topspin saying that its been shipped but hopefully it has

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Odd - I'm from the UK too, and mine's not even shipped according to my live receipt!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    TR/AR love me apparently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I posted this over at NIN.com but might get a better response here. I haven't seen any interviewer ask this question yet but has anyone wondered if/when the sequels are made if Trent and Atticus would be involved in making even more music? I know they made a TON for this film and could most likely recycle most of the music from Dragon Tattoo into the last two movies but for some reason Fincher, Trent, and Atticus don't seem to be the kind to just recycle material.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite221 View Post
    I posted this over at NIN.com but might get a better response here. I haven't seen any interviewer ask this question yet but has anyone wondered if/when the sequels are made if Trent and Atticus would be involved in making even more music? I know they made a TON for this film and could most likely recycle most of the music from Dragon Tattoo into the last two movies but for some reason Fincher, Trent, and Atticus don't seem to be the kind to just recycle material.
    I worry the movie isn't going to recoup its cost, and the sequels won't be made. It didn't exactly do gangbusters here in the states last weekend, and overseas it looks worse.

Reaaaaaaaly hope I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    hopefully i will be slow burn type of movie, picking up steam as we get away from the holidays. i know that i havent had any time to see it before this coming week.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Here are a few things I noticed about the digipack: The Null catalog number is written at the top of the spine instead of the bottom. The printed copyright info on the three CDs is barely legible. The inside pocket has a scene printed on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [73] View Post
    Here are a few things I noticed about the digipack: The Null catalog number is written at the top of the spine instead of the bottom. The printed copyright info on the three CDs is barely legible. The inside pocket has a scene printed on it.
    Rob said he purposely made the copyright stuff as small as possible.

https://twitter.com/#!/rob_sheridan/...63425750925312

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks for pointing that out, oldschool. It's a nice package for a very reasonable $14. I'm wondering if I should have purchased the deluxe edition without seeing pictures of the final product. I thought it would sell out within two weeks.
    Last edited by [73]; 01-01-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    We're almost a month further and I've listened to this soundtrack more than 10 times, and I must say (I said it more often): the more you listen the more you discover; I'm proud and lucky to be part of this; to follow an artist like him this way; how he develops himself over the years; how he creates incredible (new) art in the form of music; he is varied, he stands for quality, he's thé (and my) modern composer of my generation.
    I'm looking forward to his new project/album HTDA. I'm enjoying!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have listened to this release a couple of times now and both times I was struggling to finish a disc. I'm not going to give up on it just yet, but I remember being more impressed with Ghosts and TSN soundtrack on their initial listens. Right now though, i'm thinking that TGWTDT is two discs too long.
    Early days though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Finally bought the album yesterday at a nice independent record store. I am digging what I have heard. 2 more discs to go. I think as a score in it self it is better than TSN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    just got an email saying mine has been dispatched (i'm in UK). Hopefully it will come before I go back to uni on Saturday

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtuck90 View Post
    just got an email saying mine has been dispatched (i'm in UK). Hopefully it will come before I go back to uni on Saturday
    Mine is now shipped as well. It seems that they got another shipment which hopefully covers all of the orders.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    the movie is amazing. I smell another Oscar for our guys.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    http://www.cine-vue.com/2012/01/week...with-fire.html

TGWPWF confirmed, so TRAR might be back at work soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    hah. good news overall but maybe they can use leftovers from soundtracks of TGWTDT? and we can get a new NIN album? please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acidpolly View Post
    hah. good news overall but maybe they can use leftovers from soundtracks of TGWTDT? and we can get a new NIN album? please?
    While I'm enjoying the DT score, I'd love to see something in the vein of Still (IE less clang-clang, and slightly more melodic).

But let's be honest - if you're reading this board, no matter what it is, we'll be buying it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    mine has just arrived in the UK. Nice little package

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just took my copy back and got a refund, my local record shop is good that way. It was a nice package and all, but not for me. Ripped it to my computer and next time I do the hoovering i'll stick it on.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M-71 View Post
    I just took my copy back and got a refund, my local record shop is good that way. It was a nice package and all, but not for me. Ripped it to my computer and next time I do the hoovering i'll stick it on.
    Okay, that's fucking annoying. You bought it, decided you didn't like it so you kept it anyway and got the refund?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Okay, that's fucking annoying. You bought it, decided you didn't like it so you kept it anyway and got the refund?
    Annoying?
    No I did not keep it, I had to take it back to get a refund, that's how these things work. I kept a digital copy on my pc though.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    this kills the music business. FAIL.
    i'm too old to understand this new generation.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M-71 View Post
    Annoying?
    No I did not keep it, I had to take it back to get a refund, that's how these things work. I kept a digital copy on my pc though.
    Exactly, you kept it. You bought it, ripped the tracks and got a refund, getting the whole album for free. This is the exact kind of thing that proves that music piracy is still full of wankers, and there is no gain to the artist if they're already well known.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And now the news.
    Today somewhere in lalaland the music business was killed due to someone in the UK returning a 3cd set by soundtrack pranksters Trent Reznor & the other one. It was about 100 years old.
    A full investigation will follow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Exactly, you kept it. You bought it, ripped the tracks and got a refund, getting the whole album for free. This is the exact kind of thing that proves that music piracy is still full of wankers, and there is no gain to the artist if they're already well known.
    Then i'm off for a well deserved wank.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    M71 I don't think you're an idiot for not 'paying' for the album. I've stolen plenty online. Most of us have. I wouldn't steal this particular record but that's just me, so I'm sure other people on other bands boards would rip me a new one. Granted I wouldn't waste my time to post on a board if I wasn't into an artist enough to buy their music, but that's another argument altogether.

Here is why you're a fucking idiot; You went out to the store, bought an item, wasted your time to open it, rip it, then waste more time and money to go back to the store, stand in line, get a refund, explain yourself, etc all when you could have made 2-3 clicks and saved yourself the trouble on pirate bay. How in the world you thought you were going to open it up and be so amazed by the contents inside, outside of what you already knew or has been made available to you, is beyond me. Seems like you have some mental health issues to come here and post that you were stupid enough to do this, or at the least a LOT of free time and absolutely nothing constructive to do with it. I truly feel sorry for you sir. Enjoy your masturbation.
    Last edited by AgentofChaos; 01-05-2012 at 08:55 AM.