Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The official Echoing the Sound t-shirt thread

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)

Lightbulb The official Echoing the Sound t-shirt thread

2014 Update: http://teespring.com/ets_org_shirts - The design's the same, but now you can get the shirt in a variety of shirt types. The original American Apparel shirts are there, but there are also ladies' sizes, a tank top, and a dark gray "athletic" shirt, whatever that means. The initial push helped fund a move to a new server, and you can tell. When's the last time we had downtime? It costs a bit more now, but it's also twice as fast as when I first started tracking ping times & downtime. And I didn't even buy a new laptop!

If you've ever been interested in an Echoing the Sound tshirt, we've opened up pre-orders for a preliminary run of a simple shirts, and for prices that focus on value over profit. The cost of a shirt + domestic (US) shipping is just under $20, which ain't too bad. The money from this campaign is basically being sunk into the server - we just quadrupled the memory on the server in the hope that doing so will continue to alleviate the downtime issues we've been having here and there. If this is wildly successful, the leftover money can go into a new laptop other ets 'merch' options, at which point we'll bust out a poll or something. Anyway, enough jibba-jabba, on with the links!

Regular shirts @ http://teespring.com/ets_org and ladies shirts @ http://teespring.com/ets_ladies

Here's a link to a thread discussing the whole ETS tshirt thing.

For better or for worse, the way teespring is set up, I have to pick a single color and a shirt type (per 'campaign'), and campaign towards a goal. It's basically kickstarter for shirts. If either of these 'campaigns' are successful, I will look into doing a run of a more deluxe shirt type, whether that's a simple as a v-neck, or maybe an Echoing the Sound soccer team jersey, cuz it's hot outside and 'athletic material' sure is great for that.

If not enough people preorder, then no money changes hands. The campaign closes on July 10, because I think that's plenty of time for the word to get out.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I take it my idea for monogrammed red robes fell through?

Either way, consider me interested.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I choose to answer this proposal through the medium of Alex Dewars:

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: The official Echoing the Sound t-shirt thread

Hmmm. I would dig an all black shirt with just ets on the front. Maybe even the address on the lower back.

Either way, please don't forget us Neanderthal looking dudes. Not all of us are small and frail.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Either way, please don't forget us Neanderthal looking dudes. Not all of us are small and frail.
    There will be a range of sizes available based on polling. And I'll have you know, my DNA is 3.2% neanderthal, putting me in the 99th percentile for that kind of thing. (Thanks 23andme.com :b)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Can I ask for a tank top?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Would be nice to deviate outside the black or white that seems to make up 90% of NIN shirts. On principal, pink would be a great way to stick it to that tired paradigm, but then I'd look like a 6ft 4 fairy. Purple, maybe? Just... please... colours.

As for the design, might be nice to try and combine art styles from various periods... something organic and frayed (TDS); broken up, soft focus or ultra-close (TF); smudgy (WT/Slip); glitchy (WT/YZ/everything post-08); maybe with scanlines and two or three high contrast colours (PHM). Or, you know, something a bit more specific...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I think if we go for a non-black shirt, we should still keep it neutral/earth tone. As much as I'd love to see a pit full of pink shirted dudes at a HTDA/NIN show, I feel like the shirts would only ever be worn at a show because of that. I vote a nice olive/army green if we're not going for black/white.
    I also think a nice simplistic ETS logo, maybe something simple under it, sounds good.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The official Echoing the Sound t-shirt thread

Gray is more nerdy, I vote gray

And just the logo

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    And I'd shy away from any mention of the url. Make people ASK... more mystery!

That said, I'd buy one.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Although I'll put it up to a vote, my personal preference is anything but white or black. I have way too many black shirts.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Maybe consider something like http://society6.com. That way the buyer can decide on the color, but the logo/design will be consistent. Also on-demand fulfillment, etc.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Although I'll put it up to a vote, my personal preference is anything but white or black. I have way too many black shirts.
    I'm pretty sure ALL of us have too many black shirts...

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    Maybe consider something like http://society6.com. That way the buyer can decide on the color, but the logo/design will be consistent. Also on-demand fulfillment, etc.
    I had http://teespring.com/about in my sights, but I'll check out society6

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'd say the dark, ash gray and dark red would be great options. And yeah, just the logo, unless we can use a sketched design of @johnbron 's beard.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

I've got your design right here...

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Last edited by DigitalChaos; 02-21-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    It's pretty great, the photo department at my school has unofficial "goth wednesday" in which we are instructed to wear "all black, no exceptions". I never have a problem picking out an outfit on wednesdays...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbron View Post
    I've got your design right here...

I'm going to wear this to my aunt's wedding in June.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    My whole wardrobe is JUST black shirts, lol

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Oh shit. Finding so much good stuff from 2005.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    How about...

KEEP
    CALM

AND
    echo
    the sound
    Last edited by botley; 03-02-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I think it would be nice to have it read echoingthesound.org with a short mention on how it's an Internet forum about Nine Inch Nails, and other stuff as well. If possible, using the current front page for the T-shirt would be rather nice, but if not for the picture, the words alone would still do the T-shirt justice from the way I see it. *This is just me, but I'd be fine with it even if it just said: echoingthesound.org - A Nine Inch Nails (and other stuff) Forum.* And this would also give me another way to promote ETS to any other NIN fans I know of and/or might end up meeting in real life.

I also thought that green, or any shade of green might be nice considering how it's Trent's favorite color. Any shade of blue would also be nice as well. I thought about that when I was looking at the Quick Reply bar and the bars with the dates and post counts at the top of each post.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 03-12-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Something simple, echoingthesound.org with some clever nin-esque manipulation of the font.

As for colors, you cant go wrong with the classic nin, black print on a black shirt

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    How about...

KEEP
    CALM

AND
    echo
    the sound
    Yesyesyesyes

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The dancers

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    HOT PINK! And pppplllllleeeeeease a V-neck. PLEASE? I hate t-shirts where I get strangled by the neck

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    "Keep calm and drunk message teitan"

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    So, um, shut up and take my money?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I was thinking about this again today, and yes, it's still on my list of things to do. Given that the NIN tour is coming up sooner than later, I'm going to absolutely post some designs this weekend for you to make with the voting on. I've been a little bit overloaded offline (well, it's still online if you consider I write ecommerce code for a living, I suppose) and forget to do stuff like take showers, let alone make ETS shirts. But I want my ETS shirt, and I can't get one if I don't make them happen. SO! THIS WEEKEND! VOTING!