Page 18 of 137 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Apparently, Marvel wamts a "John Hughes vibe" for spiderman. They are drunk with power.

What is it about having the Spiderman IP that makes movies exectuives complete idiots? Like they just shit themselves. Every time, its such a simple thing and they just fuck it up.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Can we just skip Peter Parker's origin story?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    No more Spider-Man movies for about 10-15 years. Anyone who is going to be on board to direct it will obviously have their vision tampered by these studio executives and it will ruin everything. That's what happened to the third film and most certainly The Amazing Spider-Man 2 which is without question, one of the worst films I had ever seen.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Apparently, Marvel wamts a "John Hughes vibe" for spiderman. They are drunk with power.

What is it about having the Spiderman IP that makes movies exectuives complete idiots? Like they just shit themselves. Every time, its such a simple thing and they just fuck it up.

Jesus. I stick up for the first and second spider man movies. I think they are pretty well made comic movies. But I dont understand how they can go on with movies like Avengers and Guardians, but cant properly make a true marvel spidey movie. What the fuck gives. Just give Whedon a truck load of money and have him do it.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I like Sam Raimi's Spiderman movies. Especially 2, which is honestly one of my all time favorite superhero movies.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Spider man 2 is one of my favorites, as well. 2 is one of the best superhero movies ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    hey, i like the first thor! what's wrong with it?
    The movie was well filmed, excellently acted and pretty much has a decent story. It's just the movie didn't connect with me; it's not a universal opinion though, just a split opinion.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Maybe it was the fact that Thor wasn't Thor through a good portion of the film. You get him as Thor in the beginning and in the final act. I liked the movie, but that section of the movie was a bit of a snooze.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Marvel announces the start of production on Captain America: Civil War.

Unless I'm mistaken, almost the entire Avengers: AoU cast, as well as Paul Rudd as Ant-Man and Vision are in this as well....the description says it picks up right where AoU left off, so that's interesting.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    You know, as much as I love what Civil War is going to be, I really wish they didn't have to sacrifice Cap's solo arcs to do these big event movies.

Look at that cast. This is literally another Avengers movie. It's bringing back Thunderbolt Ross for Christ's sake. This is not a Captain America movie.

Winter Soldier was fantastic, but walking away from it, one thing that really nagged me was that Bucky was nowhere near being the focus of the movie. Bucky wasn't the main villain or the main focus, Hydra was. And then, we get the implicit promise of Cap 3 being focused around finding Bucky, and then nope, guess what kids, Civil War time. You can't just make it a standalone movie? Cap's arc is being sacrificed on the altar of Avengers movies, and I'm not about that.

Again, I'm really excited for Civil War. That cast is fucking stacked, and the four-man squad of Markus/McFeely and the Russos means that it's going to be a really, really great movie, but I just wish we could scale back the Cap movies a bit and give us, you know, Cap movies.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Absolutely, this is basically a sequel to AoU haha....the complete starring cast:

• Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America
    • Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man
    • Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
    • Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier
    • Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon
    • Paul Bettany as The Vision
    • Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye
    • Don Cheadle as Jim Rhodes/War Machine
    • Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
    • Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man
    • Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa/Black Panther
    • Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter/Agent 13
    • Daniel Brühl who recently revealed he’ll be playing Baron Helmut Zemo (but Marvel does not confirm this in the press release)
    • Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones
    • William Hurt as General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross
    • Martin Freeman who is rumored to be playing Everett K. Ross

Also, there's this: http://imgur.com/gallery/iBAdW
    Last edited by october_midnight; 05-07-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Agent Carter renewed, yayyyyyyyyyyy!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Agent Carter renewed, yayyyyyyyyyyy!

MOTHERFUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!! Please make Lyndsy Fonesca a regular. I love her as Angie.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Haven't watched Agent Carter yet but my friend keeps telling me to watch it. Guess if it comes on Netflix I will. Just finished Daredevil, very good! Great cast and Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio were outstanding! Love the suit btw. Can't wait for season 2. Worth watching if you haven't done so.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Am i getting this wrong or is black panther basically taking spideys role in Civil War? What good is spidey in civil war if we dont get the iron spider?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I can't believe Avengers 3 is already coming out next year

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New (legit) interview with Ryan Reynolds here in Vancouver.

For those who love pointless trivia, that junkyard set is about a 4 minute drive from my condo and my friend got me on to the set to walk around for a while...wish there was any of the cast there that day haha. Across a street from it is a Winners and a Michael's craft store. Oh, and a Nando's Chicken. Yep.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    JON BERNTHAL CAST AS FRANK CASTLE IN THE NETFLIX ORIGINAL SERIES 'MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL'

http://marvel.com/news/tv/24699/jon_...vels_daredevil

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I never really cared for his character in The Walking Dead, nor have I really cared for The Walking Dead because I always felt that it was overhyped as shit. However, I heard him on Covino & Rich a few weeks ago on SiriusXM radio and he seemed pretty damn cool. I'm one of those on the Thomas Jane bandwagon, even though I've excepted that it's probably passed time to move on, and I'll give this a fair chance. Who give a shit, really? I'm more excited about season 2 of Daredevil!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I'm indifferent about Jon Bernthal portraying Frank Castle.
    I'm not sure about this casting decision but I'll just wait and see how he does.
    I know Jon can act so I guess its all down to how well written the show will be.

I hope that whoever is/are the writer/s of the Punisher show taps into the Garth Ennis run of the Punisher Max comics.
    That right there would make the show have a great foundation.
    Of course they can only borrow a few things from the Max series since a few things are different now.
    Like how Daredevil netflix show established its own version of the kingpin and Vanessa.
    The great thing of the Punisher Max comics is how Garth Ennis explored and revealed a fucked up truth on how Frank Castle became the Punisher among many other things.

Another amazingly well done thing about the Punisher Max story is Bullseye Spoiler: and Elecktra
    If they do decide on bringing in Bullseye then whomever they choose to cast will be very critical.
    But I'm getting way ahead of the storyline since a lot has to happen to kingpin in order for the story to make sense and fit within the now established timeline.
    I do admit that Daredevil did borrow some ideas from the Punisher Max comics, like the kingpin tower and Vanessa and a few minor elements...

Spoiler: For those who read the comics. Do you think that they could adapt what happens to Kingpins son into the shows? Do you think they would include the hand and also the Elektra and Vanessa romance subplot?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

The Marvel Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    I hope that whoever is/are the writer/s of the Punisher show taps into the Garth Ennis run of the Punisher Max comics.
    Punisher isn't getting his own show, he's just going to be in the next season of Daredevil.

I hated Jon Bernthal in The Walking Dead, but that could've been more to do with the show sucking than him as an actor. He looks the part, I'm ok with the casting. Just super pumped for more Daredevil!
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 06-10-2015 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Furthermore, they're totally confusing the goofy-as-hell Marvel Knights run of Garth Ennis Punisher comics with his VASTLY SUPERIOR and unquestionably more cinematic and realistic run of "Punisher MAX" stuff.
    Argh. It's ALL awesome but OMFG it's still night and day.

I certainly know which I'D rather have onscreen with the rest of the MCU! But, hey, either way it's a WIN I guess.

Anyway, it's interesting casting. Not the direction I'D go but promising nonetheless. Definitely willing to give it a chance!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Furthermore, they're totally confusing the goofy-as-hell Marvel Knights run of Garth Ennis Punisher comics with his VASTLY SUPERIOR and unquestionably more cinematic and realistic run of "Punisher MAX" stuff.
    Do you know where I can get any of these stories? In The Beginning and Born are both like $40 on amazon...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Try your local comic bookstore or marvel unlimited.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Punisher MAX stuff isn't on Unlimited, none of the MAX line is.
    Still an awesome service though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    All the new Ant-Man posters are actually pretty slick. Article.

I like this one the most I think:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Still not looking forward to this at all. I'm pretty sure Marvel is just trolling it's audience with this movie.