Page 34 of 81 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 2415

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just looking at the setlist now and damn that must have been a high energy show. Aggressive song after aggressive song, particularly in the main set. Then opening the encore with Shit Mirror...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Even the seats were moving all night. It was an amazing set!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    The return of TBW. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Okay, I get it, I was just bringing up the possibility that Pinion had been played pre-recorded between Branches/Bones and Wish, but clearly it wasn't.
    No Pinion with Broken?! wtf!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Are you being sarcastic? Why would you bring an iPad to a concert?
    Not being sarcastic. Some of us come to concerts directly from work so I would usually have a laptop and a tablet. I need both to work on my commute.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esperanzan View Post
    Just looking at the setlist now and damn that must have been a high energy show. Aggressive song after aggressive song, particularly in the main set. Then opening the encore with Shit Mirror...
    Yes indeed. I did 3/4 shows in NYC and what with Broken it couldn’t help but be high energy and old school NIN. Each show was very different and yet wonderful. I was in the second row just behind GA so particularly felt the energy but the whole theater was moving. TR was quite jolly. TR kept threatening to return soon. And said things like “We should do this more often.” Said he had to think of something sad to bring down his good mood to sing Even Deeper.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I was not ready for thar much aggression. Also, I would not have believed you if you told me that in 2018 I'd hear NIN play HiS or TPD. So fucking cool. The band sounds tighter than ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gardenia_spectre View Post
    Not being sarcastic. Some of us come to concerts directly from work so I would usually have a laptop and a tablet. I need both to work on my commute.
    Seconded from another working stiff. I wound up leaving most of my stuff at work, and just brought my book for the subway ride.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakasaurus View Post
    Were you near the front of GA towards the left if you're facing the stage? That's where me and my friend were and we had some jackass starting trouble behind us. Eventually I had to really get in this guy's face to get him to back the F off. Both me and my friend are pretty big guys so, despite the guy being a complete moron, I think his survival instincts kicked in and he finally backed off. It was weird that the mosh pit kept forming right behind us near the front. Got annoying at times, but I expect some physicality in GA at a NIN show. To be honest, I did appreciate the mosh pit's location when "Wish" came on

Beautiful venue and a GREAT show. I enjoyed this much more than the show at the Prudential Center a few years ago with those R&B back-up singers or whatever that was (those lighting and effects were amazing though). THIS was NIN. I loved it. The only thing I wish they would've played was "Sin" but I was very happy with what they did play.

I was between Robin, That tall ass black security guard with dreads. I think more right but i saw the mosh happening om the left that night, it ws absurd.

BUT TONIGHTS CROWD WAS THE ABSOLUTE WORST. I came early as usual and got a great spot and met some awesome cool NIN fans and we all talked about the band and the annoying mosh pitters. I thought we were all safe, but all these fucking morons came out of nowhere and moshed. Fat bitches, dude bros, old fat dudes (like biggest loser fat) are crushing me against a rail (i was 3 rows behind the rail already)

i became the man from the broken music video through out that entire album. I didn’t even get to enjoy Gave Up, its one of my fav NIN somgs and I am being pummeled. Some guy was laughing and moshing and telling people its pit, i said dude keep the mosh on your side and he gives me a finger and I had to yell at him. Someone had to calm me down. Really pissed because that was an awesome setlist

Then I went to the back to relax and enjoy. Could barely see but still its NIN. Theres some tall bearded dude walking in front of people bumping into them and hes being pushed away by everyone like a fly. He was so out of it and someone hgave him beer and weed =|

and dude bros yelling HEAD LIKE A HOLE, no shit sherlock he ends the main set with that somg EVERY FUCKING TIME FOR THE PAST 20 years. You stupid fuck.

and some bitch yells Closer during Hurt, WHY THE FUCK WOULD HE END WITH CLOSER? This isn’t a jam show.

I had more fun at Prudential (though that crowd was trashier than NYC) moshing during a light show? Come on now. But i got a good view and had an absolute blast and wasn’t disturbed.

i feel a little irritated that I and many others dropped tons of money for a band that means a lot to us, and a bunch of drunk assholes who probably haven’t listened to an album besides Downward Spiral being so disrespectful.

i like to be in the front because i love seeing the musicianship, and I couldn’t get that today.

thats just my rant.

one of the worst crowds I have been in.

BTW i loved those back up singers, they added such a gravitas to the songs and brought in a whole new side of NIN.

Hopefully NIN does an orchestra tour next like Reznor hinted years ago.

And tonight was an awesome set list too, sort of bittersweet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esperanzan View Post

Sadly pit had asshole energy. =\

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Yeah I ran into a lot more obnoxious, bro-y people today for some reason. Glad I was in the GA section yesterday instead.

The Background World and Me, I'm Not were my definite favorites tonight - I hadn't seen either before and they both sounded just terrific. With all the shows done, of all the songs this lineup has brought into rotation, the only one I didn't get to see at Radio City or Kings Theatre that I really wanted to was Dear World. So yeah, I'm feeling extremely grateful and lucky.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque... View Post
    I was between Robin, That tall ass black security guard with dreads. I think more right but i saw the mosh happening om the left that night, it ws absurd.

BUT TONIGHTS CROWD WAS THE ABSOLUTE WORST. I came early as usual and got a great spot and met some awesome cool NIN fans and we all talked about the band and the annoying mosh pitters. I thought we were all safe, but all these fucking morons came out of nowhere and moshed. Fat bitches, dude bros, old fat dudes (like biggest loser fat) are crushing me against a rail (i was 3 rows behind the rail already)

i became the man from the broken music video through out that entire album. I didn’t even get to enjoy Gave Up, its one of my fav NIN somgs and I am being pummeled. Some guy was laughing and moshing and telling people its pit, i said dude keep the mosh on your side and he gives me a finger and I had to yell at him. Someone had to calm me down. Really pissed because that was an awesome setlist

Then I went to the back to relax and enjoy. Could barely see but still its NIN. Theres some tall bearded dude walking in front of people bumping into them and hes being pushed away by everyone like a fly. He was so out of it and someone hgave him beer and weed =|

and dude bros yelling HEAD LIKE A HOLE, no shit sherlock he ends the main set with that somg EVERY FUCKING TIME FOR THE PAST 20 years. You stupid fuck.

and some bitch yells Closer during Hurt, WHY THE FUCK WOULD HE END WITH CLOSER? This isn’t a jam show.

I had more fun at Prudential (though that crowd was trashier than NYC) moshing during a light show? Come on now. But i got a good view and had an absolute blast and wasn’t disturbed.

i feel a little irritated that I and many others dropped tons of money for a band that means a lot to us, and a bunch of drunk assholes who probably haven’t listened to an album besides Downward Spiral being so disrespectful.

i like to be in the front because i love seeing the musicianship, and I couldn’t get that today.

thats just my rant.

BTW i loved those back up singers, they added such a gravitas to the songs and brought in a whole new side of NIN.

They moshed during Even Deeper. Garbage humans.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    They moshed during Even Deeper. Garbage humans.
    SMFH, and I thought moshing during "Copy of A" was bad.

Did you see that fat old piece of shit trying to crowd surf? This dipshit is maybe? someone's dad and he woke up with the intent of being an asshole to people at a show today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque... View Post

thats just my rant.

I just read this while drinking my coffee and I want to thank you for making me laugh first thing in the morning. I thoroughly enjoyed your rant and your genuine disdain for the annoying moshers. I almost spit out my coffee when I read "biggest loser fat". LOL

As I was reading, I realized that I probably look like a "dude bro" - which also made me laugh. I also enjoy moshing at times - but when it's appropriate. However, I can't stand the people you described who show no respect to others and slam into everyone even during songs that don't inspire moshing. Despite my possible "dude bro" appearance, I'm usually the guy defending others and protecting people in an area from the idiots.

That group of songs from Broken you guys got to hear on night 2 is awesome! Glad they played Wish on 10/16 but I would've loved to have heard "Gave Up, Last, and Happiness In Slavery".

BTW that gigantic security dude managed to get his enormous head into almost every on of my pics!

Despite the BS, I did have a great time at the show and I'm still on a bit of a high from it. Have a good one!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    In response to some of the complaints about other "fans" at the show, I'm going to join in and take it a little further.

I went to ATL show, my first concert of any kind in years. I started listening to NIN back in 94. I remember going to see them at Night of Nothing way back in the day. It's been a long time. I brought my wife, not knowing what to expect from the crowd itself. I kind of knew from standing in line for the tickets, but I was still holding out hope. It just felt like someone took a Trump rally and handed out NIN shirts. All white, all old, redneck looking people right in the middle of the city. I had this moment of "oh man, I'm at a a classic rock concert aren't I?"

The audience, overall, just doesn't feel like it fits Trent, and I wonder if he ever feels that when he looks out there. I mean this is a guy who has collaborated with Saul Williams, who is married to an Asian woman, who lives in a culturally diverse city and speaks out against Trump angrily and often. His audience now just seems so different than who he is.

I felt like an alien at the concert. It really affected my experience. I am more of a nerd, I am really into NIN because of the artistry, the emotion of it. But not only the angry stuff. The sad songs, the depth of meaning in Shit Mirror, or Ahead of Ourselves, thinking about the state of the world. Trying to puzzle through all the depth of meaning in Add Violence, sitting with the physical component and trying to figure out the puzzles and what they are trying to say.

I guess what I am getting at is when I went to the show and took a look around, the feeling wasn't, "wow, look at all the different kinds of people here". The feeling was more like, "wow, everyone else looks and acts a certain way and I don't feel like I belong here. This isn't my tribe here."

I know for sure there would be people there I would have connected with if I had a chance to meet everyone. But it made me sad that it wasn't more diverse in every sense of that word - age, race, class, gender, culture, etc. I wonder what Trent sees when he looks out at the crowd and how he feels about it.

It is what it is, but it seems to me that a big part of the reason you go to the concert instead of watching on YouTube is the experience as a whole. If I could go see NIN with a bunch of people who would be just as at home going to Saul Williams or Radiohead or Tori Amos then I'd be good.

I enjoyed the performance itself, but afterwards I told my wife that after 20+ years I got that out of my system and don't really feel like I need to go back. In the future I'll be in my room with the headphones on after a new album drops, laying on the bed trying to unravel the mysteries, poring over the liner notes like I did as a teenager, feeling just as odd and outcast now as I did back then.

Am I alone on this? It's fine if I am, as I suspect that's the case, but I am curious if anyone else relates at all.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I wonder if this sort of complaining happened during 94 when everyone was going nuts in the crowd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I wonder if this sort of complaining happened during 94 when everyone was going nuts in the crowd.
    No doubt there was way less complaining from the fans when they were in their 20s and full of energy, rage, etc. The audience has many middle aged people who were those 20 year olds. The audience is going to look and feel different. How could it not? The “old red neck” thing the one poster said is probably not really true as far as who most of these people are. They’re just middle aged, mostly white people, who don’t look as “cool” as they did when they weren’t balding and grey. The people at the show are NIN fans which shows they probably at least have good taste in music. Personally, I had a great time Tuesday night despite some idiots.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    NIN got them out of mosh retirement. I’m not saying they had to act like a douche to the poster, but poster had to know what might happen on a GA floor of a nine inch nails concert , ( I agree with poster in terms of moshing during the slow songs and the annoying yelling during the quiet ones, that’s just douche behavior in general.)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I don't know, I feel like if I didn't want to inadvertently be involved in a mosh pit, GA at a NIN show would be one of the last places I'd want to be. That kind of thing just comes with the territory and you should only be mad at yourself if you get bumped into. Buy a seat next time.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    When I saw them in 1995, it was kinda scary. At 5”4 and 110 pounds, I was standing on the side but when nin came out, suddenly the pit was everywhere. I got swept up and squished. I couldn’t move at all. I was fine of course but as a tiny person who goes to a fair share of GA shows, pits are fucking annoying.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    My shitty pics from 3 nights in NY https://www.instagram.com/p/BpE-Rndl...by=dons_knotts

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    In response to some of the complaints about other "fans" at the show, I'm going to join in and take it a little further.

I went to ATL show, my first concert of any kind in years. I started listening to NIN back in 94. I remember going to see them at Night of Nothing way back in the day. It's been a long time. I brought my wife, not knowing what to expect from the crowd itself. I kind of knew from standing in line for the tickets, but I was still holding out hope. It just felt like someone took a Trump rally and handed out NIN shirts. All white, all old, redneck looking people right in the middle of the city. I had this moment of "oh man, I'm at a a classic rock concert aren't I?"

The audience, overall, just doesn't feel like it fits Trent, and I wonder if he ever feels that when he looks out there. I mean this is a guy who has collaborated with Saul Williams, who is married to an Asian woman, who lives in a culturally diverse city and speaks out against Trump angrily and often. His audience now just seems so different than who he is.

I felt like an alien at the concert. It really affected my experience. I am more of a nerd, I am really into NIN because of the artistry, the emotion of it. But not only the angry stuff. The sad songs, the depth of meaning in Shit Mirror, or Ahead of Ourselves, thinking about the state of the world. Trying to puzzle through all the depth of meaning in Add Violence, sitting with the physical component and trying to figure out the puzzles and what they are trying to say.

I guess what I am getting at is when I went to the show and took a look around, the feeling wasn't, "wow, look at all the different kinds of people here". The feeling was more like, "wow, everyone else looks and acts a certain way and I don't feel like I belong here. This isn't my tribe here."

I know for sure there would be people there I would have connected with if I had a chance to meet everyone. But it made me sad that it wasn't more diverse in every sense of that word - age, race, class, gender, culture, etc. I wonder what Trent sees when he looks out at the crowd and how he feels about it.

It is what it is, but it seems to me that a big part of the reason you go to the concert instead of watching on YouTube is the experience as a whole. If I could go see NIN with a bunch of people who would be just as at home going to Saul Williams or Radiohead or Tori Amos then I'd be good.

I enjoyed the performance itself, but afterwards I told my wife that after 20+ years I got that out of my system and don't really feel like I need to go back. In the future I'll be in my room with the headphones on after a new album drops, laying on the bed trying to unravel the mysteries, poring over the liner notes like I did as a teenager, feeling just as odd and outcast now as I did back then.

Am I alone on this? It's fine if I am, as I suspect that's the case, but I am curious if anyone else relates at all.
    I didn’t love the crowd around me on the second night of Atlanta either. People talking a bunch. Long ass conversations. I actually shushed people during “this isn’t the place”. The women behind me didn’t like that and told me to fuck off. I’m like hi. This is my favorite band playing a beautiful song that means a lot to me. Go have your conversation in the lobby. I’m not trying to be a dick but your yelling to each other behind my head is making it hard to hear. Is it that hard to understand that you’re being rude?

There was a woman in front of the guy next to me who kept putting her phone above her and turning around in circles. Over and over and over. Ive been to tons of shows and I’ve never seen anything like it. Is she making a documentary about her face? The ceiling? Surely she could do this in a better lighting situation and not in the center row at a show.

I kinda like that people are bitching here because I felt like maybe I’m too old or expecting too much from people. (which I probably am both fronts )

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Are you being sarcastic? Why would you bring an iPad to a concert?
    At Sunday's Radio City show, there was a dude in front of me recording with his iPad. I wanted to tell him to put it down so bad, was blocking my view at times!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    @ickyvicky that would have taken all of my might to not smack it out of his hands.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    At Sunday's Radio City show, there was a dude in front of me recording with his iPad. I wanted to tell him to put it down so bad, was blocking my view at times!
    you should have! a polite shoulder tap and a quick put it down gesture. i do it all the time, these fucktards need to know that behavior is unacceptable.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Recording with an iPad is just excessive

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    The performance of "SICNH" the other night was epic. The crowd was silent and let TR do his thing and get into the emotion of the song....Except for the usual 1 or 2 assholes who would scream YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH/WOOOOOOOOOOOO during the song...never understood why there is always a couple assholes at every NIN show who have to scream in the middle of the sad/slow songs and try to fuck up the flow. I know in the past TR has ended 'Hurt' midway and had little tantrums at people screaming during the song, so maybe these people are trying to get a rise out of him or maybe they are just drunk assholes....Its a pet peeve of mine.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I didn’t love the crowd around me on the second night of Atlanta either. People talking a bunch. Long ass conversations. I actually shushed people during “this isn’t the place”. The women behind me didn’t like that and told me to fuck off. I’m like hi. This is my favorite band playing a beautiful song that means a lot to me. Go have your conversation in the lobby. I’m not trying to be a dick but your yelling to each other behind my head is making it hard to hear. Is it that hard to understand that you’re being rude?
    I had a moment somewhat like that at the first DC show. This guy was talking VERY LOUDLY over the music during one of the songs, and I waited for a break before I uncharacteristically turned to him and said "That is absolutely fascinating, but I'm trying to listen to the show, so if you need to talk please go somewhere else." I don't know if he left or just got quiet, but it did the trick.

Taking video with an iPad? I might throw my drink at your tech. Guess it's a good thing I don't drink anything at shows.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Hello everyone. My name is Steve and I'm a fat kid who likes NIN. I like to go into GA for concerts.

I feel so much better getting that off my fat chest.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Regarding all the shitty dude bros and Mosh Bastards, I don't like to think of them as the typical NIN fanbase. I look at every person who's just watching the show, singing along, or just fucking feeling it as the real Nine Inch Nails fan. Those others are just looking to mosh, whether it's to HLAH, Even Deeper or fucking Hurt. They're there to slam into people while listening to loud noise, not Nine Inch Nails. These flapsnots mosh to car horns.