Page 12 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    If you actually ever presented facts instead of crazy ass conspiracy theories about REVERSE RACISM and stuff like that, we would be able to actually have a discussion with you. But we all know that you're just here to troll. That's why you change the subject with each post.
    What did I present that isn't a fact? I'd honestly like to know. Enlighten me please.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    You can't even spell "indict."
    You know you're in trouble when they start attacking your spelling instead of the points...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    You know you're in trouble when they start attacking your spelling instead of the points...
    You have not made one good point. You suck at debate and you can't spell. And you abuse ellipses in posts, clearly another indication of your KKK membership. (*snort*)
    Last edited by allegro; 08-28-2014 at 12:20 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Have you not read any of the crazy links that you've posted? Haha. None of them are news. They are extreme-right opinion pieces that don't contain facts. They contain emotions and accusations that aren't relevant to what happened.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Have you not read any of the crazy links that you've posted? Haha. None of them are news. They are extreme-right opinion pieces that don't contain facts. They contain emotions and accusations that aren't relevant to what happened.
    Okay....lets debate this fact. White on black violence is paraded in the national media at every opportunity while black on white violence is ignored and not reported on at all because the media is racist.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    False. Try again!

I gotta go to bed. Try to stick to the topic so that this thread can stay open. It is important.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    Okay....lets debate this fact. White on black violence is paraded in the national media at every opportunity while black on white violence is ignored and not reported on at all because the media is racist.
    No, let's NOT.

THAT IS DRIFT.

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS CONCEPT?

THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD HAS BEEN CLEARLY DEFINED. I HAVE ATTEMPTED TO HELP YOU IN THIS REGARD SEVERAL TIMES. YOU DO NOT GET TO CHANGE THE TOPIC.

NOBODY DOES.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO START YOUR OWN THREAD, GO AHEAD.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    No, let's NOT.

THAT IS DRIFT.

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS CONCEPT?

THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD HAS BEEN CLEARLY DEFINED. I HAVE ATTEMPTED TO HELP YOU IN THIS REGARD SEVERAL TIMES. YOU DO NOT GET TO CHANGE THE TOPIC.

NOBODY DOES.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO START YOUR OWN THREAD, GO AHEAD.
    This thread is about the events of Ferguson. The OP post seems pretty clear. They didn't say this thread was limited to discussing police shooting unarmed people. I'd suggest that maybe you start your own thread if you'd like to discuss that.

Obviously the events of Ferguson are racially charged. If you cannot handle a discussion about race like an adult, and cannot prevent yourself from caps lock yelling. Perhaps make your own thread that is limited to Police militarization which is what you seem to care about.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    We have stated repeatedly (note that the OP hasn't been here since the OP) that this thread is limited to police. You keep attempting to drift it to topics OUTSIDE of the police.

I vote we alert the mods and admins and let them decide, I'll go do that now.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-28-2014 at 12:39 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    We have stated repeatedly (note that the OP hasn't been here since the OP) that this thread is limited to police. You keep attempting to drift it to topics OUTSIDE of the police.

I vote we allert the mods and admins and let them decide, I'll go do that now.
    Not surprised that you're planning on "allert"ing the mods of my bad spelling. I'm pretty familiar with how much liberals love censorship. Bet we will be seeing more disappearing posts. Nothing to see here.

My opinion is different than yours so your obvious response is immediately start censoring. I haven't said anything that is more rude than you or untrue and you've made it clear you have no interest in actually debating anything.

I really hope you understand there is a massive portion of the country that isn't as blind as you. I'll screencap just to show how much ya'll love censorship which I have no doubt is about to happen. Don't bother defeating me with well argued points. Go cry to mother censorship!

One personal piece of advice. Maybe you should invest in an echochamber?
    Last edited by Satyr; 08-28-2014 at 12:41 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah but I'm on Tapatalk on an iPhone so at least I have an excuse (alert).

I am not going to debate topics unrelated to this thread, no. I am not going to contribute to drift. That's not censorship, that's general forum decorum. DigitalChaos has taken more in-depth gun discussion to his Gun Rights thread and Libertarian discussion elsewhere, as well.

Edit: censorship. Wtf. Maybe some of us just get sick of fucking drift. Drift is like the fucking ADHD of forums.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-28-2014 at 01:12 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah but I'm on Tapatalk on an iPhone so at least I have an excuse (alert).

I am not going to debate topics unrelated to this thread, no. I am not going to contribute to drift. That's not censorship, that's general forum decorum. DigitalChaos has taken more in-depth gun discussion to his Gun Rights thread and Libertarian discussion elsewhere, as well.

Edit: censorship. Wtf. Maybe some of us just get sick of fucking drift. Drift is like the fucking ADHD of forums.
    There isn't a proper smiley to convey how I feel about this post. You can tell yourself that "drift" makes censorship okay. I'll just watch the censors sweep in on what contradicts their views and smile knowingly.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Since the grand jury will be sitting until at least the end of October, probably longer, it seems stupid to even keep this thread unlocked as it just invites this type of senseless drift. Maybe it would get unlocked once the grand jury makes its decision.

Meanwhile, I'll leave you with this Chicagoist piece which explains about faulty comparisons:

http://chicagoist.com/2014/08/23/kass_fuckery.php
    Last edited by allegro; 08-28-2014 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    There's a cool ignore button. I suggest everyone use it.

xoxo,
    The pinko, commie admins

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    And it might now seem much, but HealStL, led by Antonio French, has published an amazon wish list.

http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishl..._ugR.tb0QVJ81W

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    In an attempt to steer things a bit further away from LOCK THIS SHIT UP... here is a great article about the social media stupidity that surrounded Ferguson.

Ferguson Reveals a Twitter Loop

and the real kicker on top of all that: "A survey by Rasmussen Reports nine days after the fatal shooting of Michael Brown found that half of those surveyed had already made up their minds as to who was at fault. By that reckoning, it doesn’t matter what the facts are, people are going to find the tweets that support their viewpoint."

How many of those false stories did you see perpetuated on facebook/twitter?
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 08-28-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    todays fun fact:
    "St. Louis city has spent $740,849 for officer and overtime costs in Ferguson. $161,783 equipment purchases. They are billing Missouri."

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Any legal commentary on this?
    http://www.ijreview.com/2014/08/1724...e-murder-case/

I'm guessing the fact that he wasn't convicted says it all. But I don't know if a conviction would be hidden in a juvenile record?...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Any legal commentary on this?
    http://www.ijreview.com/2014/08/1724...e-murder-case/

I'm guessing the fact that he wasn't convicted says it all. But I don't know if a conviction would be hidden in a juvenile record?...
    What would a conviction or non conviction have to do with anything? Seems a bit irrelevant.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5733216.html

Looks like the audio may be legitimate friends.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/ChuckCJohnson

The reporter that sued for Michael Browns juvenile criminal records claims he is gonna drop a bomb on Sunday.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    What would a conviction or non conviction have to do with anything? Seems a bit irrelevant.
    It's called character assassination. It's pretty reckless and irresponsible journalism to be reporting allegations of a prior conviction if court records haven't been released.

This thread is starting to veer into Infowars territory.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I don't think it's fair to compare a weapons class to sex ed. Sex is an important part of life that everyone will participate in eventually, and they need to be prepared. Guns are not a necessary part of life.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    Just because you were arrested in relation to a crime doesn't mean you are guilty. With the character assassination attempts on him, I wouldn't be surprised if Brown was arrested due to something like a mistaken identity but the conservative blogs want to run with it anyway.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    It's called character assassination.
    I think you're right, I could see why the defense attorney would try and use that as proof that Mike may have been a bad seed before the incident and try to sway the jury to believe it wouldn't be out of his general character to attack a police officer, but I would NOT be a fan of using that information for that purpose.

It's low hanging fruit and I don't think it really has any relevancy to the case at hand.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Just because you were arrested in relation to a crime doesn't mean you are guilty. With the character assassination attempts on him, I wouldn't be surprised if Brown was arrested due to something like a mistaken identity but the conservative blogs want to run with it anyway.
    http://wonkette.com/554062/chuck-c-j...ing-journalist

Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I think you're right, I could see why the defense attorney would try and use that as proof that Mike may have been a bad seed before the incident and try to sway the jury to believe it wouldn't be out of his general character to attack a police officer, but I would NOT be a fan of using that information for that purpose.
    You're using incorrect words, here; "defense attorney" and "jury" etc. To date, there is no criminal case, there is no defendant, and the only lawsuit was brought by a "journalist" troll.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-29-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'd be surprised if Brown wasn't arrested while he was a juvenile because he was a violent low life gangster thug....

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    http://wonkette.com/554062/chuck-c-j...ing-journalist

You're using incorrect words, here; "defense attorney" and "jury" etc. To date, there is no criminal case, there is no defendant, and the only lawsuit was brought by a "journalist" troll.
    Robert Novak, nuff said.

Excuse me, guys, I need to go update my bio on all social media I use. You see, I'm an award-wining journalist- I got the certificates to prove it! True, they're from high school but let's not split hairs.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Um, I'm assuming you read the above-referenced scathing Wonkette piece? Particularly the link to the Business Insider piece, wherein several people call him unstable? And probably mental?