Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: U2

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    4 days in a row at the Forum? Is U2 still that popular?

also... I thought Bono was seriously hurt?
    Yes U2 is still that popular despite what trendy haters may like to believe. And he injured his arm. Even if by next summer he's not fully healed all he will have to do is wear a cast on his arm.

also @NotoriousTIMP the reason your code didn't work for the second night is because they limited the U2 presale tickets to two per person this time, instead of the usual four. Which totally sucks because now we all have to fight scalp bots for tickets on Monday morning or just pay twice as much from scalp bots on stubhub. I feel like U2 should give all of us Experience members a new code for all getting fucked over so hard in that first round of presales.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Yeah, @ItsJustDave pointed this out to me via facebook and I realized its a good idea to read the rules all the way through before going off on a rant....

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Oh man, I just somehow scored floor tickets to Night 1 in Chicago. I had a bazillion pages open in my macbook, all in the waiting rooms, that had pretty much ALL timed out. I thought it was done for and was ready to pack it up, but had the random notion to download the iPhone app, and was able to easily score two floor tickets about half an hour after the On Sale time. I am fucking ecstatic!!

So I've got floor for Night 1, and Behind The Stage for Night 2.

This is going to be GREAT!!!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I was a Propaganda member before joining U2.com, so I've had "experience" with old-school mail order ticket requests as well as online pre-sales. I let my fan club subscription lapse last year since they didn't offer any music, but joined back up with the announcement of the live vinyl. So, I was a little worried being in the "innocence" category for the Friday pre-sale (not to mention this would be the first time I was living in a major market instead of the Southeast).

It seems the pre-sale for Thursday was a bit of a clusterfuck as there was an on-sale scheduled for Foo Fighters at the same time. Ticketmaster's servers couldn't handle the load (which should be a crime since they're a bloody monopoly and it's not the first time this has happened) and folks were getting locked out, inventory would disappear before you could pay, or their codes weren't being accepted. After reading about the bloodbath, I was really worried my pre-sale would be hellish but thankfully it was quite painless.

Normally, I'd try check out the start of their tour (i was able to do it for Zoo TV in Lakeland, POPmart in Las Vegas, and Elevation in Miami) but after dealing with U2.com for Vertigo, I knew it would be too difficult. So, I opted for the local show only and scored a GA for the first two LA shows. I was able to login from my desktop and buy them one after the other, no headache at all. If only that was the case for the general on-sale.

I was trying for the other Saturday & Sunday LA shows and was caught in spinning wheel purgatory for 45 straight minutes with no results on the desktop or iPhone app (using LTE). Then, a $300 seat for Sunday popped up on the app and I promptly yelled, "that's bullshit" and hit release. I won't spend that kind of money on a shitty seat. Anyhow, kept trying and then a GA floor popped up! Score!! So, roughly 50 minutes in I snagged a GA for the Sunday show using the app, but Saturday was a total bust on the desktop & app. I wasn't pulling anything up until after an hour and then it was just more of those $300 seats in the upper levels.

So, I'll be in the GA queue for Los Angeles nights one, two & four and will try my luck for a decent night three ticket as we get closer to the date.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Managed to get 4 tickets for the 2nd night at the O2 London - pretty central half way back in the upper tier - not the greatest, but I can live with it - took 45 minutes to get that far after popping in and out of various waiting rooms and having no luck - suddenly there were loads of tickets available - very odd. Will break my U2 virginity, they were definitely on me and my 'band mates' musical bucket list for many years, and glad they've finally decided to play some indoor shows! Now just gotta wait. And wait. Late October 2015 seems a LONG way off right now!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    long but interesting read from Bono: http://www.u2.com/news/title/little-book-of-a-big-year/

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Saw the boys perform last night in Vancouver and man, this tour kicks so much ass! Here is a video of the Angel of Harlem/When Love Comes to Town BB King tribute that I shot. I wish I had more tickets to see them again.....

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I thought everyone on this board hated U2. haha

Glad you enjoyed the show, @NotoriousTIMP ! I had a little something to do with the visuals.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    You did? That's awesome! What did you do?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    You did? That's awesome! What did you do?
    They commissioned me to put my art on the giant screen they're using that divides the arenas in half. My work is featured heavily in four songs with a small cameo in a fifth, Bullet the Blue Sky (a sky time lapse).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tonight is the night!!!! and tomorrow too
    Nothing can touch me today, not even that stupid job of mine, I'm finally seeing U2 again tonight.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    They commissioned me to put my art on the giant screen they're using that divides the arenas in half. My work is featured heavily in four songs with a small cameo in a fifth, Bullet the Blue Sky (a sky time lapse).
    That's so unbelievably cool, man. Couldn't be more excited for you!

I can't wait for next month. Trying to decide where at on the floor I should stake a spot out for on Night 1 of Chicago. Night 2, I'll be sitting behind the stage on Edge's side. This is going to be great!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    That's awesome! Do you have the video footage so we can watch it? I'm assuming it's the drawing for when Bono is walking around his old neighborhood, correct?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    Tonight is the night!!!! and tomorrow too
    Nothing can touch me today, not even that stupid job of mine, I'm finally seeing U2 again tonight.
    I hope The Edge doesn't fall off the stage again. :-P

I love The Edge but I can't stop laughing, I've watched that about 90 times in the last 2 days.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-18-2015 at 11:03 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Here's a better angle of the Edge fall in Vancouver, and I'll admit, I was laughing when I saw this clip too...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Here's a better angle of the Edge fall in Vancouver, and I'll admit, I was laughing when I saw this clip too...

Aw man that will never get old.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Thanks peoples!

I was right there when Edge took the plunge. It was such a great moment and he was so into it that he forgot to look down and BOOM! Right off the stage. It actually looked pretty scary, so I'm really glad he's okay. He's a really lovely guy. Some of the shots in COBL were shot from his hotel balcony at 2am.

Bono has been making jokes about it on stage at every gig since saying stuff like, "Let's walk the Edge off stage this time" and after asking if innocence can be attained in a person's later years, "...I can't ask complicated questions of a man who falls off himself."

That's awesome! Do you have the video footage so we can watch it? I'm assuming it's the drawing for when Bono is walking around his old neighborhood, correct?
    Nope! It's more weird time lapse art and optical illusion paintings on abandoned houses in the desert. You'll have to go at it on the Youtube end (for now). My stuff is pretty heavily featured for the following tunes:
    Where the Streets Have No Name
    With or Without You
    Miracle Drug
    City of Blinding Lights
    Last edited by Magtig; 05-21-2015 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    My stuff is pretty heavily featured for the following tunes
    And it works amazingly well. I'm really glad your talent is getting appreciated on a level that it deserves.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    What an amazing show last night. I'm glad I get to cross U2 off my concert bucket list and it's awesome to see someone on here's art being featured on such an impressive tour!

http://tours.atu2.com/concert/us-air...ix-may-23-2015

Last edited by Rubeninphoenix; 05-25-2015 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Shameless self-promotion of YT channel via "With or Without You" video.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Hey guys,
    I am selling two U2 rarities:
    Hungarian cassette of All That...: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251980808710...84.m1555.l2649
    EU cassette of How to...: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251980810969...84.m1555.l2649

Both sealed, brand new, M/M.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So I found this the other day at Easystreet Records in West Seattle. Sealed for only $7 so I couldn't pass it up. I really wish I had gone to the San Diego show during this tour. I really missed out on one hell of a setup......

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    So I found this the other day at Easystreet Records in West Seattle. Sealed for only $7 so I couldn't pass it up. I really wish I had gone to the San Diego show during this tour. I really missed out on one hell of a setup......

You can be like me and hope they do a second North America leg next year but at the same time, I don't want Songs of Experience to be delayed as I enjoyed Songs of Innocence.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    My guess is that SoE will come out by the end of the year and we might get another tour out of them in 2016 *fingers crossed*

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    They will probably be touring until 2016, possibly 2017, it will also mark their 40th anniversary as a band so it should make for some special shows. This tour is far from over, any city not yet visited will be on the next run(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    If I have to travel to see a show next year, I'm doing it. I'm half tempted to try and see if I can't swing for the fences and make one of the MSG shows but I know I can't sadly.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes! Love Popmart! I still have the Deluxe Edition of this with the replication of the Pop-Up Edge from the tour program inside of it. Come to think of it, I still have the Deluxe set of Zoo TV as well with the soda can stickers and such.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Was somehow lucky enough to make it up to the front barricade directly in front of The Edge last night at the first night of the Chicago residency. Oh my god, I am still on cloud nine about it. I never in my wildest imagination ever thought I'd be able to watch U2 from front row. Bono even threw water on me during Electric Co. Such an unbelievably good show. Going again tonight, and actually will be sitting behind the stage on Edge's side. So that'll be interesting to see everything from a "behind the scenes" type perspective.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Nice! A friend of mine actually scored me a suite ticket for Sunday night in Chicago. U2 is so good live, even if you hate them you would like them live I think.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Yes! Love Popmart! I still have the Deluxe Edition of this with the replication of the Pop-Up Edge from the tour program inside of it. Come to think of it, I still have the Deluxe set of Zoo TV as well with the soda can stickers and such.

I picked this up back in March for $20 at a used record shop in Portland. I couldn't pass it up since its in wonderful shape and it has some awesome photos......

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I picked this up back in March for $20 at a used record shop in Portland. I couldn't pass it up since its in wonderful shape and it has some awesome photos......

It's a cool program for sur, I got mine at the show back then good times...