Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns N' Roses

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    To me it looked like it could've been either that, or a case of him not being able to hold that high, nauseous note he needs to hit there. Still not as good as the 2:00 mark with HERMADERP DABOPPIDYBOO INDAJUNGLEWHEREWEPLAAAYYY

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Should be the singer of GnR. No joke. Legit.

Watch.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Aww man, Im hearing him tear it up on you could be mine, not bad.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This is funny and was when I first seen it last year:

"And when you're gdfkhdfhjskhgkfubjfnjhm and there's no one left to blame."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entert...e1-968621.aspx
    Ahead of the Guns N’ Roses Mumbai concert this Sunday as part of their debut tour of India, the band’s iconic frontman Axl Roses talks about life, music and more.

Your concert is going to fulfil the dreams of many diehard Guns N’ Roses fans. What took you so long to get here?
    I’ve always wanted to play in India. We’ve tried to make it happen, but for whatever reasons, it just wasn’t working out. We’re all very excited and looking forward to performing for everyone.

It’s been four years since your last release, Chinese Democracy. Are you working on something new now? When can fans expect your next release?
    Yes, in the future! Ha!GN’R has been in business for almost three decades. Like many other bands, it has also seen many line-up changes.

How challenging is it for a band to stay united despite such creative differences?
    In order to simply survive, make a living and to be able to tour and do shows like these, creative differences aren’t the only differences that are challenges. I don’t feel most of the differences or challenges with Appetite’s (GN’R’s debut album Appetite For Destruction, 1987) or other lineups had anything to do with musical differences or GN’R’s music. In my opinion, our issues had to do with control, public perception or misperception and who’s in the lineup’s music, and not the particular style, sound or genre.

Any advice to upcoming bands on how to stay a cohesive unit?
    I’d say we all learn the hard way, whether we want to or not, that you have to protect yourself individually in business and then you can work at being as fair and democratic as possible. But without having your house in order first, you won’t have the tools or foundation to make things work between each other when the going gets tough.

Since this is going to be your debut concert here, what are you looking forward to the most?
    Giving a successful show, having the fans feel good about the concert and their time there and... I love Indian food!

Any cultural experiences you’d like to indulge in while you are here?
    I’m sure the rest of the guys and crew will visit some places. If I’m lucky, I’ll be able to. Mostly, I’ll focus on the shows, but if I have time, I’m excited to explore India.

Are there any Indian artistes you follow or would like to collaborate with in the future?
    It’s something I want to explore.

Yesterdays Band vocalist Axl Rose is the only remaining member from the original line-up that comprised Slash (lead guitarist), Izzy Stradlin, (rhythm guitar), Duff McKagan (bass) and Steven Adler (drums). This 1986 line-up was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame this year. While the other members reunited and even jammed at the event, Axl chose not to attend it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "Appetite For Democracy" 3D Concert Film is scheduled for worldwide release in Cinemas,TV Broadcast and DVD release in 2013 . GNR's first Live Concert Home Video -DVD release in over 20 Years ! Produced by Barry Summers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Last edited by W Axl Rose; 02-07-2013 at 05:58 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Mark: Hi, Richard, it’s Mark from The Rockpit in Australia. Thank you for talking to us, how’s Abu Dhabi treating you?

Richard: Thank you for calling. It’s good! It’s always fun here.

Mark: Are you playing tonight? It should be a good show.

Richard: Yes, it was great here last time, the hotel we’re in is just so opulent, and everything’s just over the top, it’s crazy here!

Mark: So soon after playing here in Australia, you are coming back, you’ve already played a few dates with The Dead Daisies, but you are coming back to be part of the Aerosmith show. Is that a break in the Guns ‘n Roses tour for you?

Richard: Yes, we are doing some dates sporadically, but we are trying to focus more on getting the next record ready, the next G ‘n R record. So, the touring has not been steady, and it won’t be for a while.

Mark: How’s the new album coming along?

Richard: We are working on it! Hopefully within the next year we will have something out.

Mark: That’s great news, obviously you were heavily involved with Chinese Democracy, but there are a lot of people waiting to see what the follow up to that is going to be like. So, how did you get involved with The Dead Daisies?

Richard: I came in to it through Charley Drayton, whenever Charley calls!! For my money, he’s the greatest drummer on the planet, and whenever I work with him, I walk away with better vision.

Mark: There are some great musicians involved, were you familiar with Jon Stevens before the project?

Richard: Yeah, I knew the stuff he did with Noiseworks, and he was a presence in LA for a little while, and I knew people that had worked with him.

Mark: He has a great voice, and it’s always good to see him out there with a new project. Hopefully this will create a bit of interest, and be something a bit more long term.

Richard: Yeah, that’s what I’m hoping. He has an amazing voice and he’s a really great guy too. Everybody that is involved is wonderful to be around.

Mark: The songs that you are sampling on the web site are amazing. I grew up with Free, Bad Company, and The Faces, and you can definitely hear that influence in the songs. Were they the sort of thing you listened to growing up?

Richard: Absolutely. Free, The Faces, Humble Pie, Thin Lizzy, all those bands were just huge to me!

Mark: Yes, we miss that sort of music that had real warmth, soul and depth to it, so it’s great to hear that sort of sound again. If we could talk about some of the songs, that would be great. “Lock and Load” is an interesting one, written by Jon and Slash, it was written a while ago, but it’s going to be the first single from the album. To me, listening to the other stuff, it’s not hugely representative of some of the material that’s on there.

Richard: Yeah, I think what it’s developed in to live is, it’s evolved in to a really classic sounding band.

Mark: “Washington”, has that seventies vibe to it, it reminds me of what The Black Crowes did with “Hard to Handle”, do you get that?

Richard: Yeah, totally!

Mark: “Can’t Fight This Feeling” is one of those classic blues fuelled, sing along ballad! My favourite, is “It’s Gonna Take Time” which starts out as a “rocker” and then mellows out to a real Bad Company vibe.

Richard: Yeah, I really like “Yesterday” as well. I think that’s the best Faces song I’ve heard in a long time!!
    Mark: That’s right! There was talk of The Faces reforming a while ago.

Richard: You always hear that!! Without Ronnie Lane, though, no!

Mark: I loved some of the work he did with Steve Marriott.

Richard: He is one of the greatest singers that ever lived in my opinion!

Mark: He is my all-time musical hero, so you are preaching to the converted here!! I met him a couple of years before he died; he was playing some pub shows in England, and he stood next to me at the bar, a pint in one hand and a cigarette in the other, and he smiled, and it was the first time I have ever been star struck in my entire life! What a legend that guy was!

Richard: Jon had a great story about meeting him when he was like 14 years old, in New Zealand. It was a little tiny bar, and he’d been staying with his sister, and he’d had an argument with her and left and he went to a bar, and Jon had just been playing a gig, and he got to meet him.

Mark: As far as music is concerned, you have obviously been involved in a lot of projects over the years; you’ve done a range of things, and played with some very interesting artists. Is the music you’ve done with The Dead Daisies, something you always come back to, the seventies vibe?

Richard: That’s where I sort of started as a kid. When I was young I wasn’t really in to the bands that were out at the time, it was the metal thing, like Motley Crue, Def Leppard, which were popular when I was a kid. I was in to the older stuff like The Faces, and The Stones, and then I heard The Clash, and my whole life changed! Everything just shifted, and I was all about that for years, and through my time with The Psychedelic Furs, and Love Spit Love, I was just so in that world. Then everything changed and took a big turn, with the GnR call, and I got in to them because Tommy Stinson was a friend, and Robin Finck, that put me in a different world and reconnected me with my roots.

Mark: How would you summarize your time with Thin Lizzy? That would be one of my dreams to play with a band like that!

Richard: It was! That was totally the zenith of my career, just because that band was so important to me growing up. To be part of that guitar legacy was an honour. It was a wonderful experience, and amazing people, it was such a great vibe every night, and those guys are still like family to me.

Mark: I met Scott Gorham a few weeks ago, before they played here in Perth, a great guy, and I got to hear The Black Star Riders stuff.

Richard: That’s a great record, it’s really good. I think it’s the best Thin Lizzy record since Chinatown!

Mark: I also liked The Psychedelic Furs, growing up, are you going to be working with Richard again in the future?

Richard: We’ve been talking about writing a new record for a while now, and whenever I can, I play with those guys. I spent so much time with Richard, I was with them every day for so many years, and we are still very, very close. I love working with him, in my opinion, he is a great singer with such a distinctive voice, and a great friend. But you know he is doing so well now with his painting, it’s like music has become a hobby! But I would love to make another record with him.

Mark: If you could have been a fly on the wall for the recording of any classic album, what would it have been for you and why? This will be interesting for me, as we have similar tastes in music!!

Richard: If you’re serious, that’s a very good question!! Wow! I think “Exile” (0n Main Street), or “Pet Sounds”, that would’ve been fantastic!

Mark: Both of those would have been very different kinds of crazy, I think!

Richard: Yeah, but to witness the genius of that, and how it was stitched together, that would have been fascinating!

Mark: Our easy question, to finish with, is what is the meaning of life?

Richard: I don’t necessarily know that life has a meaning; it doesn’t need to have a meaning does it? I think our goal is to be connected with the universe, and to realise the essence of being one.

Mark: I like it! I think I’m with you on that; personally speaking is there a meaning to life? I think it’s all about defining you, and finding a place for yourself, Thank you for taking time out of your day to speak to us, it’s been a pleasure, I hope you have a blast tonight!

Richard: It should be good; Beirut’s going to be interesting!! Last time we were there it was an interesting experience!

Mark: Yes, it will! What happened there?

Richard: We had a wonderful time there, the audience was fantastic, the people were beautiful, and then we went to leave, and they took our passports and told us to return to our hotel. We weren’t going to get on the plane, and they weren’t going to tell us anything. It turned out that somebody wanted us to meet their daughter!! We weren’t allowed to leave until that happened!!

Mark: Hopefully she won’t want to meet you again this time!! Anyway, we’ll see you on the Aerosmith tour, thanks again and take care.

http://www.therockpit.net/2013/INTER...ies%202013.php

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I had the (mis)fortune of seeing Alice in Chains with Guns N Roses last night and man my head still hurts. The band was 20 minutes late to start it off and then began with a song off Chinese Democracy. This isn't to say the show was all bad, certainly they have songs that I still enjoy (You Could Be Mine is still a banger), but Jesus, they played for two and a half hours, with 30 minutes of the show being wanky solos from everyone. DJ Ashba solo'd for 10 minutes, not to mention he dresses like a tool and wears Confederate garb despite being from Indiana. I honestly wanted to punch him because he looked like a shit bag. Axl changed shirts a whopping eight times, each one with a design of a woman either shirtless or in a provacative position. He has more costume changes than any pop star out there. The band sounded good for what they are, but Axl can't sing anymore, dude sounds horrible. They also think that fireworks are necessary to pop out during "Live and Let Die" which got really fucking old. There were about six solos and like five Chinese Democracy tunes that made the crowd smaller. By the end of the show when the band started "Paradise City", about half the crowd had already left. This could have been a very good show, but it's packed with so much cheese and wankery that makes it really hard to enjoy yourself.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I saw GNR the last time they were in Dallas at The Starplex (or whatever it is called this week) and it was INCREDIBLE. Axl is such an intense singer it is hard for him to be dead on all the time. Very few people can run around the stage like he does for over 2 hours and perform 1/2 as good as he does! I would go see the Axl 5000 band over Slash and Myles Kennedy any day!

On another note, I just had some dental work done and my girl had a baby just 2 months ago so I am SUPER broke but I am going to Dallas HOB show with a set of balls and getting in! Even if I can't get in I am bringing my Chinese Democracy vinyl and trying to get it signed!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    well, then you are a clown.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So you know how a show was that you were not at?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I just heard G&R play November Rain, on les Plaines d'Abraham at the Festival d'Été de Québec. Thing is I'm very very far away from the place but then again, I've always been able to hear the loud performances from the Festival. And boy, G&R are loud. I must say that it sounded good and that from what I've heard, Axl's voice wasn't bad at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Guns N' Roses ‏@gunsnroses 2m
    Generally speaking, we have no information on tours, albums, or DVDs. When things get confirmed we'll let you know. Thanks for your patience

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I know I shouldn't comment but I seriously laughed my ass off when I saw this on my Facebook feed.

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/gu...ce-trolololol/:

Guns N’ Roses have released a statement confirming that they have no idea when they’ll be doing anything any time soon.

“Generally speaking, at this time, we have no information on tours, albums, or DVDs,” reads the band’s statement. “When things get confirmed, we will let you know. Thank you for your patience.”

So that’s that. Presumably that thank you also extends to the maniacs who still buy tickets to Guns N’ Roses shows in 2013.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 08-08-2013 at 07:43 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I don't get it... After seeing some of the live clips, and the screw ups on this page, you'd think a guy with control issues like Axl would want a better live product. How many delays did ChiDem get because it had to sound "perfect"? How many overdubs and re-records? And live it can be absolute shit?

As for the band's statement... I love shoot comments that aren't meant to be shoot comments...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Dj ASHBA™
    A hearty congratulations is in order for Guns N’ Roses / Sixx: A.M. guitarist DJ Ashba. The musician just got engaged to his actress/model girlfriend Nathalia Henao.
    Before joining Guns N’ Roses, Ashba embarked on a solo career along with joining Motley Crue bassistNikki Sixx for the project Sixx: A.M. Ashba performed on Sixx: A.M.’s debut, ‘The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack,’ in 2007. He’s continued on with the band even after becoming a full-time member of GN’R, playing guitar on the Sixx: A.M. releases ‘This is Gonna Hurt’ and ’7.’ Ashba hasn’t lent his talents to any Guns N’ Roses recording, but he’s toured with Axl and co. since 2009.
    Ashba announced the news of his engagement through his Twitter account. Ashba tweeted:
    A S H B A ✔ @DjASHBA
    She said yes!!! http://instagram.com/p/cvaVE4n6eD/

1:42 AM - 8 Aug 2013She said yes!! @nathalia henao

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    not expecting any album soon but I would be irritated if the Vegas Appetite for Democracy blu ray gets postponed further.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Does anyone know where to get this song? http://loudwire.com/new-guns-n-roses...ts-taken-down/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY View Post
    Does anyone know where to get this song? http://loudwire.com/new-guns-n-roses...ts-taken-down/
    Song sucks so don't bother.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY View Post
    try gunsnfnroses.com Bad Apples section.
    I believe you have to register first though but its worth it. I am really enjoying the Better remixes that leaked.

Going Down is a good track too, if you enjoy stuff from the Illusions. The mix is pretty bad though while the leaked remixes are in good quality

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I remember trent commenting on axl around TDS time, saying use you illusions would have been great if the best songs were made into one album. Either trent or axl said they'd be interested in doing something together, can't remember. Going to lollapalooza and having HM makes me wish axl had Trent's vision and passion.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I, for one, think that Axl does know what the fuck he's doing when it comes to record production. He plays to his own strengths, and has generally good taste when it comes to finding other talented people (Buckethead and Finck were inspired choices, the live band didn't really work with them for various reasons but the current dudes do a good job playing their parts). Do I regularly spin Chinese Democracy anymore? No, but I enjoyed it when it came out, and its best moments belong in the GnR live show. Sure... there are non-musical bullshit reasons for taking so fucking long to record new shit, but also Axl takes his time getting it right.
    Last edited by botley; 08-31-2013 at 10:25 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So, setting jokes to the side, how could Axl get back on top? The time and money to make Chinese Democracy made him a joke. He's drifted off most people's radars. Many will never accept nuGNR as really being GNR. But the classic tunes are indeed classics.
    i think he needs a solo album, perhaps with great guest musicians. Write a book explaining the last 20 years. Do some interviews. And don't forget great new music.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Maybe him and Manson should get together, I'm only half kidding. I don't think it's really possible at this point. So much of what made old g-n-r, good was their lack of focus on anything but being the band, imo a very punk attitude, and at his age and ego I don't think it's gonna happen. I do agree a solo album may be a better option but I don't see a comeback in the near future.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 09-02-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    So, setting jokes to the side, how could Axl get back on top? The time and money to make Chinese Democracy made him a joke. He's drifted off most people's radars. Many will never accept nuGNR as really being GNR. But the classic tunes are indeed classics.
    i think he needs a solo album, perhaps with great guest musicians. Write a book explaining the last 20 years. Do some interviews. And don't forget great new music.
    I think at this point they're done, they don't appeal to a larger audience as much as they did in their heyday but the name is extremely marketable so they still attract big crowds based on nostalgic value.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The world of musicians seems small. For those who care about NIN/GNR overlap, short lived live drummer Alex carapetis is/was in dead daisies with nu-GNR guitarist Richard fortus.