Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 1787

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Dr. Fiona Hill bringing it this morning. I like where she's going with this line of testimony though I'm not optimistic it will stick with the GOP.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Jay Leno?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Trump says he wants no quid pro quo, but doesn't realize that's not a kind of bird.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Dr. Fiona Hill bringing it this morning. I like where she's going with this line of testimony though I'm not optimistic it will stick with the GOP.
    She is sharp as a tack!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    She is sharp as a tack!
    And she will not suffer fools. Looking forward to her pushback on the GOP questioning. Also interesting: her comments on Bolton and, briefly, Kash Patel (who connects to Nunes).

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I agree. If we are currently in the 4th Turn, it's not going to change until the next Gen comes around and brings us back to the start of a new cycle.
    Yes, the damage has been done, but just think how much worse it will be if it isn't done. What if he gets re-elected with a mandate and does twice as much damage? This can always get a lot worse, and I think it's dangerous to think of this as something we're almost through with, for multiple reasons. We have to remember how vital it is that Trump is not re-elected, and we need to remember that it's completely possible.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Is there a bigger fucking clown than Gym goddamn Jordan? Jesus fucking christ what a smug prick.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    No questions. Just grandstanding from these cowards. They don't want Dr. Hill to speak because they know she'll own them.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    hey there Rep. Chris Stewart... I'm not the warm-up band, just a fan, but GO FUCK YOURSELF. I'm the voter. I vote you fuck. Don't you dare make light of my fucking interest.

The end truth is YOU are the second tier act, you fucking joker.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    No questions. Just grandstanding from these cowards. They don't want Dr. Hill to speak because they know she'll own them.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Watching Nunes while that's read...wow. I'm surprised he didn't burst into flame.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I'm running out of shocked faces.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I DVR all of this so I can fast-forward through Nunez and Jordan (and some others).

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    fucking finally.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    I DVR all of this so I can fast-forward through Nunez and Jordan (and some others).
    Fucking Plex won't let you set manual recording times, and since it's special programming, the TV listings are wrong. So I've had to just turn them off when those morons come up, go make a cup of tea, and hope they've shut up by the time I get back.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Fucking Plex won't let you set manual recording times, and since it's special programming, the TV listings are wrong. So I've had to just turn them off when those morons come up, go make a cup of tea, and hope they've shut up by the time I get back.
    The TV listings did not show “Impeachment Hearings” until the last two days, so I set up the DVR to record EVERY SHOW on MSNBC from 8 am Central through 5 pm Central. Then the fuckers finally changed it to “Impeachment Hearings” but the DVR wasn’t set for THAT so I missed the whole first section of Sonderland. Ugh.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Been waiting for Bolton on Twitter, his last tweet was the day after he resigned.

Until this morning.

Last edited by allegro; 11-22-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I’m an Independent; as is my husband and my mom.

None of us are opposed to the impeachment hearings.

I’m calling BS data.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I don't get the Bolton twitter thing. Why did the WH have access to his *personal* Twitter - and why couldn't he just make a new account?

I still think some game is being played here, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I don't get the Bolton twitter thing. Why did the WH have access to his *personal* Twitter - and why couldn't he just make a new account?

I still think some game is being played here, but I haven't figured it out yet.
    Because it’s an official account with a blue check, his handle is AmbJohnBolton, so it’s likely the WH took control via implied official ownership until Bolton’s legal team wrestled it back.

This all makes sense, because Trumo was shit-talking Bolton on Fox right after Bolton left, claiming he fired Bolton, and Bolton was TEXTING people at Fox to say Trump was lying. It would have been a Hell of a lot easier just Tweeting. Trump must have also been attempting other methods of silencing Bolton, as well.

Bolton is KNOWN as a vindictive guy; NOBODY wants to cross him.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Hilarious:

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    I’m an Independent; as is my husband and my mom.

None of us are opposed to the impeachment hearings.

I’m calling BS data.
    quoting from elsewhere:
    Individual polls will always make for better headlines than the trend, but even a reliable polling institution sometimes gets bad data. You can see the skew of Emerson's most recent batch of respondents, in how their general election results track:

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Wow. Before this presidency, I would honestly never have imagined a situation where an impeachment inquiry into a presidential power abuse scandal involving the extortion of another country to purposefully distort the public’s ability to make an informed decision in a national election was co-chaired by someone who was involved in the effort....and simply refused to recuse.
    insane times.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Linking to reddit instead of CNN because there are a number of quality posts in the thread that expand on the original article (which is linked right at the top)

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/co...ongress_nunes/

This feels big. Really, really big. And yet, somehow, I fear that it's still going to either get swept under the rug, or people will buy whatever BS the GOP comes up with to counter it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Ugh, Bolton’s “big reveal” is that he has a PAC supporting a bunch of Republicans for Congress.

It’s apparent that a PR team wrote the Tweet.

No idea what it all means.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-23-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Linking to reddit instead of CNN because there are a number of quality posts in the thread that expand on the original article (which is linked right at the top)

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/co...ongress_nunes/

This feels big. Really, really big. And yet, somehow, I fear that it's still going to either get swept under the rug, or people will buy whatever BS the GOP comes up with to counter it.
    Rep. Swalwell introduced the Politico article about this, as evidence, this week:

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/wat...hment-hearing/

I was following via American Oversight on Twitter (who sued via FOIA to get the records):

https://www.americanoversight.org/st...ican-oversight
    Last edited by allegro; 11-23-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Just how fucking stupid is this man.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Trump signed law making animal cruelty a federal crime, the first thing he has put into motion I can think of that I agree with.