Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: NTAE PC - Branches/Bones Page: BlockCode?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Guys... what if we actually decipher it and it would be like... "Kennedy was killed by [...] also the hint to decipher the zodiak's message is this: [...]. Ah, and Voynich manuscript is a fake." And then TR in interview would be like

JESUS! WE HAD THE PROBLEM WITH THE TONER IN OUR PRINTER SO IT MADE SOME DOTS HERE AND THERE AND THEY THOUGH IT WAS A CIPHER, JESUS!! AND THEY ACTUALLY DECIPHERED IT, JESUS!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    if this really is something, it can't be that hard. I mean i really don't see trent making this thing that only the NSA can figure out. there has to be a key either already available to us or one is coming in the future. If this is something real, that is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    if this really is something, it can't be that hard. I mean i really don't see trent making this thing that only the NSA can figure out. there has to be a key either already available to us or one is coming in the future. If this is something real, that is.
    100% agree. It's not this hard to decipher, i think. But it's kind of hard to understand how to process this bullshit. I mean, how to put it in the grid and stuff. Well, i am not the smartest one here, so maybe when people wake up\come back from work\study, we maybe get the deciphered text pretty soon...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Someone mentioned blacklight earlier... I did go over all of my pages, front and back, with a UV light and came up with nothing

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaTorpedo View Post
    Someone mentioned blacklight earlier... I did go over all of my pages, front and back, with a UV light and came up with nothing
    Ha! I just pulled out my PC to take a look at it for the first time since I got it. Tried the UV light, noticed nothing either. Did notice that if you hold it up to a bright enough light, you can see the letters and blockcode through the paper, which made me wonder what would happen if you mirror image the code and superimpose it on itself. Probably nothing. Otherwise, the only other thing I discovered after looking at the PC, was that my fingers were black.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think the letters are important.

Everytime a diagonal 3 appears, it's either on top of an E, A or R in the readable text.
    I'm sure this would be true of the other unique patterns, but I haven't gone through them all yet.

There's lots of ways this could change how to decipher it, e.g: the symbol represents a number to count from the letter it appears over (Diagonal 3 represents 5, count 5 from E A R = K F W)

It also is helpful just to establish that there is a pattern which could be key to deciphering it - Diagonal 3 / A is a character that repeats often, for example.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been wondering about the letters, and also whether maybe the arrangement of dots doesn't matter. It could be the combination of the letter and number of dots, regardless of position. I think the reason we're having a hard time grinding the dots is that they are all on the shape of the letter, so can't be totally uniform in placement across different letters. Maybe we just have to correct to the nearest point on the grid, but if the position doesn't matter, that problem goes away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Machines View Post
    I think the letters are important.

Everytime a diagonal 3 appears, it's either on top of an E, A or R in the readable text.
    I'm sure this would be true of the other unique patterns, but I haven't gone through them all yet.

There's lots of ways this could change how to decipher it, e.g: the symbol represents a number to count from the letter it appears over (Diagonal 3 represents 5, count 5 from E A R = K F W)

It also is helpful just to establish that there is a pattern which could be key to deciphering it - Diagonal 3 / A is a character that repeats often, for example.
    What about the times when dot is on the "/" symbol?...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by define View Post
    What about the times when dot is on the "/" symbol?...
    Could be a word break the same as in the lyrics. A / with a dot is a would break in the hidden message, a / without a dot is ignored.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Seems to have three varying positions on the / assuming position is important. Could be different types of punctuation, spaces etc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Also if you go with this theory, you can see that the patterns aren't precisely overlaid on the letters, e.g. the / with a single square at the bottom, sometimes it has moved slightly to the left or right or even slightly higher so you can see the bottom of the / (but not enough that it would be the 'middle' square).

So per-letter, I can only see patterns that fit into a 3x3 grid. Can anyone point out a letter with a pattern that doesn't fit into a 3x3 grid?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Machines View Post
    Also if you go with this theory, you can see that the patterns aren't precisely overlaid on the letters, e.g. the / with a single square at the bottom, sometimes it has moved slightly to the left or right or even slightly higher so you can see the bottom of the / (but not enough that it would be the 'middle' square).

So per-letter, I can only see patterns that fit into a 3x3 grid. Can anyone point out a letter with a pattern that doesn't fit into a 3x3 grid?
    Yeah, malashaan did it on the previous page. And there're another bunch of them... But i don't think it's this important. It was arranged, i guess, to be clearly visible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you accept that the patterns can move around relative to the letter, then I think everything fits in a 3x3 grid - it's only when you assume their position relative to the letter is static that it wouldn't work in 3x3.. I think.

Edit: Nope. Letter D often has one that doesn't fit into 3x3.
    Last edited by Machines; 07-20-2017 at 11:46 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Here's what i am doing know. Based on the letters i marked i kind of highlight the combinations of 2-3 characters and it looks like x-symbol (it only appeared twice in the text) is always followed by .: symbol. And there are too many interesting combinations to say that this whole text is just a random collection of dots. And also it shows that letters doesn't matter. well, imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone transcribed the readable text so I don't need to do it myself?

Edit: Here it is:

STILL/CAN/MAKE/OUT/PIECES
    /WITH/THE/OPENING/SEWED/S
    HUT/YEAH/PARTS/OF/ME/ARE/
    SLOWING/DOWN/AND/TIME/IS/
    SPEEDING/UP/SPIDERS/CRAWL
    ING/EVERYWHERE/INFECTED/J
    APANESE/YOU/CAN/TELL/ALL/
    YOUR/FRIENDS/YOU'RE/JUST/
    A/TOURIST/BUT/YOU/CAN’T/U
    NDERSTAND/WHAT/THEY’VE/PL
    ANNED/UNTIL/YOU/TRY/TO/LE
    AVE/FEELS/LIKE/I’VE/BEEN/
    HERE/BEFORE/WELL/I/DON’T/
    KNOW/ANYMORE/AND/I/DON’T/
    CARE/ANYMORE/FEELS/LIKE/I
    ’VE/BEEN/HERE/BEFORE/COLD
    /AND/BLACK/AND/IN/NITE/WI
    TH/NOTHING/LEFT/TO/LOSE/I
    F/YOU/TRY/TO/KEEP/THE/IES
    /AWAY/THE/MAKEUP/HIDES/TH
    E/BRUISE/HER/BRANCHES/ARE
    /THE/BONES/THAT/BREAK/BEC
    OME/A/PERFECT/LINE/AND/NO
    /HE/WON’T/BE/JUST/A/MAN/W
    HO’S/SOMETIMES/HE/WON’T/B
    E/JUST/A/MAN/WHO’S/SOMETI
    MES/FEELS/LIKE/I’VE/BEEN/
    HERE/BEFORE/WELL/I/DON’T/
    KNOW/ANYMORE/AND/I/DON’T/
    CARE/ANYMORE/I/THINK/I/RE
    COGNIZE/YES/I/HAVE/BEEN/H
    ERE/BEFORE/YEAH/I/DON’T/C
    ARE/ANYMORE/YEAH/DON’T/GI
    VE/A/FUCK/ANYMORE/AND/I/D
    ON’T/CARE/ANYMORE/
    Last edited by Machines; 07-21-2017 at 12:10 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malashaan View Post
    I've been wondering about the letters, and also whether maybe the arrangement of dots doesn't matter. It could be the combination of the letter and number of dots, regardless of position. I think the reason we're having a hard time grinding the dots is that they are all on the shape of the letter, so can't be totally uniform in placement across different letters. Maybe we just have to correct to the nearest point on the grid, but if the position doesn't matter, that problem goes away.
    Perhaps what we are looking at isn't the cipher, but the key to figuring out something later.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Maybe I missed it, but has anyone tried overlaying all three variants of the coded PC sheet?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Messed around with the dots in Photoshop. Layered it and flipped it horizontally and then duplicated that and flipped it vertical. 4 copies. I doubt it's anything, but it's some pretty fractal art lol.

And the white on black version because it's easier on the eyes:

Also, I found this interesting, If you duplicate it again and then move it over top of itself, it appears to move. You see all sorts of weird ass nonsense:

I took this technique and applied it to just the original image with an exact duplicate over top of it:

I've been up way too long and this probably doesn't help a damn thing, but hey, fractal art lol.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by z0ne_tripper View Post
    Also, I found this interesting, If you duplicate it again and then move it over top of itself, it appears to move. You see all sorts of weird ass nonsense:
    I'm veering a bit offtopic here, but there's a good Numberphile video about that kind of moire stuff that happens with random dots like that:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I think we've watched this waay to long and it's pulling us down.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    So i just fell down an IG rabbit hole and ended up on Corey Holms page, who turns out to be the graphic designer of the NTAE PC...this post is impossible to ignore:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRBi4kTg...-by=coreyholms

"Best Adobe IND (InDesign) rendering error yet." Posted well after the design and release of the PC.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Cool, just print that and put it over the PC and we'll know the secret.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    So i just fell down an IG rabbit hole and ended up on Corey Holms page, who turns out to be the graphic designer of the NTAE PC...this post is impossible to ignore:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRBi4kTg...-by=coreyholms

"Best Adobe IND (InDesign) rendering error yet." Posted well after the design and release of the PC.
    Wait, wait, wait, van is coming, we're already almost found an algorythm to decipher!!1

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    My guess, is that each person who has all three physical components will be able to create a free ticket to a NIN show (Once we figure out all the puzzles).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but has anyone tried overlaying all three variants of the coded PC sheet?
    i also just had this though

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Maybe the "key" is the NTAE "Journal" thing in NIN store. i considered buying but 30 GBP is kinda steep for something as simple as a notebook

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Maybe the "key" is the NTAE "Journal" thing in NIN store. i considered buying but 30 GBP is kinda steep for something as simple as a notebook
    It isn;t scheduled to ship until next month, but I'm planning on ordering one now

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    It seems unlikely that they'd do that to us.

This isn't the first journal they've done. During fragility they were selling one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    It seems unlikely that they'd do that to us.

This isn't the first journal they've done. During fragility they were selling one.
    That's what I thought. Besides $30 for a journal? Don't think enough people are going to buy that for it to be important.