Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Played from 5 to now with a couple friends and it's awesome, got up to level 11. Took a bit to get used to the new features but it's definitely an improvement. Went with Axton, can't wait to find an ammo regen mod

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    I'm keen to do some 360 co-op once my copy arrives (hopefully Friday). GT: XMD5A8000

I'll probably play Siren again in this one since Cataclysm-build Lilith annihilated in the first game. Though the Gunzerker seems interesting too...
    Not sure how I feel about the Gunzerker. Love the Assassin though. Lvl 14.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Gunzerker is decent. I started the game a third time (ehhhhhh) with a friend and I started playing as him to level up for a small bit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I have an Assassin and a Gunzerker. I only really play the Gunzerker with friends though. The Assassin is for everyone else and solo.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    My copy arrived unexpectedly early. I've only played the first 10 minutes and am already noticing some significant improvements - no FOV fuckery when running and being able to collect a whole bunch of loot at once. Ended up choosing Siren for my SP character but I'll give all the others a whirl in co-op.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Just saw on the Gearbox forums that the gunzerker has the ammo regen mods, not the commando. God damn it. I wanted to start with the gunzerker but didn't because I figured the commando would have ammo regen like the soldier did in the first one. I started a gunzerker last night and got him up to level 3 before I went back to playing with my friends where we're all level 15. Guess I'll just keep using that one for when I play solo but I wanted the ammo regen for playing with friends cause we're blasting so much shit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Really want to try out the siren, but I'm going to wait. Going to try the Gunzerker again (lvl 8). I might just be more biased towards the Assassin because I'm more used to it. Loving the assassin though. Excluding Space Suicide, I've been teamed with some real dumbases.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Really want to try out the siren, but I'm going to wait. Going to try the Gunzerker again (lvl 8). I might just be more biased towards the Assassin because I'm more used to it. Loving the assassin though. Excluding Space Suicide, I've been teamed with some real dumbases.
    Haha! We should play co-op again sometime then. I notice the main consensus of people in quick match are rather horrible, wreckless and selfish. I use them as human shields when I've been in quick match (only two times total) when facing huge hordes and bosses. It's good for my health!

I just beat Spoiler: "Bright Lights, Flying City" and damn was it difficult when trying to hold off all the Loaders when the Lunar Beacon is powering up. Then again I did it solo...agh. I love how Sanctuary is in the sky now. Reminds me of Steampunk and even though I'm not a huge fan of the upcoming Bioshock Infinite and its setting.

Oh my God, I love Tiny Tina. She has to be my favorite NPC of all time. She's so cute and witty, with lines like: "Gut like dynamite and an ass like pow!"

The game is quite difficult but I have some really bad ass guns that's making it a bit easier. A shotgun that is like 62x damage that shoots 3 rounds at a time with each reserve. A sniper rifle that dishes out 135 damage and a purple rank launcher I got from Mamaril that has firepower damage that equals 1035. Fucking powerful shit.

Currently rocking a level 16 Assassin now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love the Siren so far, I spec her for heals and rez when I'm playing with buddies, and then use the left tree (forgot the name, the one with the pull in it) for soloing. I got a sweet shotgun that fires flaming mortar shells instead of bullets, it's hilarious and awesome.

I think I hit 15 today, been waiting for some free time to play it, and I've been getting distracted with Torchlight 2 out today. Two loot based awesome sequels in one week? fuuuck.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The slot machines at Moxxi's in Sanctuary are the shit. Spent some time last night doing them with a couple friends and got all kinds of awesome gear. One assault rifle that does 342 explosion damage but isn't auto and is scoped and another that does like 280 explosion and it's auto iron sights, a sniper rifle that does 180 fire damage, an awesome shotgun I can't remember the damage on and a bunch of other shit that I sold to get more money to gamble. It's by far all the best gear I've found. Any gear I got from missions we went out and did was nowhere near as good. The slots also give you shitloads of eridium, got well over 100 pieces out of them last night between the 3 of us. Got my back pack and assault rifle ammo maxed out and well on my way to getting my other ammo maxed out. Level 18 commando and just did the mission where you meet Tiny Tina for the first time and do that train mission. Fucking love this game.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm an idiot. I used my gold key and got two weapons. They were weak, so I sold them. Right after, I realize there's a station where I could've gave it to my gunzerker. So I'm guessing I won't be able to open that chest again?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I'm an idiot. I used my gold key and got two weapons. They were weak, so I sold them. Right after, I realize there's a station where I could've gave it to my gunzerker. So I'm guessing I won't be able to open that chest again?
    I'm not sure if each character gets to use each golden key but from what I'm hearing it's sounds like they're a one time use, I haven't used any of mine yet. You can get another one if you sign up on the gearbox shift website, if you haven't done that already.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm going to have to do that when I get home. So pissed off at myself. Kinda crazy that they give you keys that are absolutely non-replaceable. But I'll sign up and get the other key.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Just saw on the Gearbox forums that the gunzerker has the ammo regen mods, not the commando. God damn it. I wanted to start with the gunzerker but didn't because I figured the commando would have ammo regen like the soldier did in the first one. I started a gunzerker last night and got him up to level 3 before I went back to playing with my friends where we're all level 15. Guess I'll just keep using that one for when I play solo but I wanted the ammo regen for playing with friends cause we're blasting so much shit.
    Commando does have shields that have a chance to absorb gunfire into your clip. Working as good for me for now...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Accidentally wasted my Golden Key early too :/ Was hoping to wait until endgame to use it, but stupidly opened the chest thinking it was a standard loot chest. I got 2 fairly decent level 10 Grenade Mods, but was really hoping to get some awesome guns once I hit 50 or something. I'll have to try the Shift thing to see if I can get another that way.

Level 14 at the moment - currently doing sidequests for Lilith after her story mission. So glad to see her with such a great role in this game.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah, I wasted both of my Keys already. The one from premiere Club and the one from Shift. Looks like I'm SOL.

I got two purple ranked guns thus far, an SMG and a Launcher. Need to fill every other area in my loadout with Purple for that achievement and to kick more ass.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I got the shift code key. I'm going to sit on that one for awhile...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Don't know why they give you expendable DLC items that don't work on multiple playthroughs with no warning. Oh well.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Good lord some of the last missions in the story are a bitch and take forever. The one mission we did last night took over two hours, this game just keeps throwing enemies at you. Those Buzzards can fuck off, so god damn annoying. Just have the very last story mission to do tonight and then it's on to play through 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love being a healer. Standing back and sniping as a Siren with the shooty heal bullets is a blast to shoot my team mates when they are low, and Res is one of the best skills ever. I see someone go down and just hop up and throw my skill at them. I've never liked healer classes in games before, but this one gets it so right.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I think I'm about half-ish way through the storyline, but I'm also spending a lot of time just cruising around working on challenges and exploring. I've also done every single side mission since the dialogue is usually pretty funny. The double rainbow and Donkey Mong references were pretty funny.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Kinda been on halt playing this the past few days and played a few other recent games I got. Also playing Resident Evil 5 to gear up for 6.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Been slacking off since I got Fifa 13. And I wandered over to MGS3 (stuck at The Fury). Probably pick it back up today.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    One thing I'm finding pretty weird about this game is that the enemies don't drop guns anywhere near as often as they did in the first game. And I've yet to see one decent gun get dropped by an enemy that wasn't a boss or a mini-boss.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They do. Maybe not as much, but they do. The Badasses certainly do.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yes they do, but in the first game if an enemy was shooting you with some crazy weapon odds were when you killed him he would drop it and you could go check it out. They just seem to barely ever drop weapons. Money, shields and grenades all the time but not many weapons. It's a minor gripe, the game is fantastic, but I'm a little disappointed with the enemy drops in this one.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Good observation, also (I'm currently going through Borderlands) they also drop a relevant shield or grenade perk based on type of enemy.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    As an FYI, Randy has been giving away 360/PS3 golden key codes like a maniac for the past few days. I now have 4 keys.

As an example, each of these codes can be redeemed ten thousand times:

X360 Borderlands 2 SHiFT code with 10k redemptions for a Golden Key: 5JKJ3-6TWSJ-BRXBX-K6JJJ-FXXWB

Just sayin'...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    ^ That's awesome, I think I have 3 keys and haven't used any of them yet. Edit: A couple of my friends just tried entering that code and it said it's already been redeemed.

Beat the game last night, last boss took like 20-30 minutes with two of us. Leveled up to 30 after the fight. My game got all fucked up after it though, instead of seeing the last cut scene I was just looking at a generic view of Pandora and then when I got back into the game all the colors of everything were all fucked up and I couldn't see any of the loot that got dropped. My buddy I was playing with could see everything fine so he was able to pick up all the good shit. Went back to Sanctuary and the colors were back to normal but I couldn't see any stuff like vending machines, could still use them but couldn't see them. Went back to the dashboard and back into the game and everything was fixed. Sucked though cause I wanted to see the final cut scene, guess I'll have to wait for playthrough 2 or youtube it.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 09-25-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Did your friends try entering it from the in-game menu --> Extras --> Shift and then the X button to enter a code? Simply because I was able to score one 3 hours after he posted it, and last night at about 7pm PST my friend Jonny was still able to get one as well. Not sure when your friends tried, just sayin'...he'll post more no doubt. They're trying to put the Shift code system through the ringer to test its stability.