Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: a little dilemma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a little dilemma

(if this is in the wrong place please for give me)
    So with the upcoming tour this fall i have a question i need help with. My wife is due with our first child on Oct 15, the closest shows to our home would be Oct 1 in St Louis or Oct 22 in Nashville. You see my problem? At this moment funds would only allow me to purchase one show, so do i go with the St Louis show and hope my wife delivers on time or do i go with the Nashville show and leave my possibly a week or less old newborn and wife at home for possibly a day and a half? I have yet to discuss this with her since this all new but i need suggestions.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Dude, newborn human beings > NIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Dude, newborn human beings > NIN
    i agree and would say the 22nd is out for sure

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Pro tip: Don't ask a woman who is carrying your first-born child if it's OK if you leave her and drive to another state just days before she's due to give birth (or just after).

Pro tip 2: If you decide to disregard Pro Tip 1, film it for posterity's sake. (And us.)

Wait for "Tension 2014."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Pro tip: Don't ask a woman who is carrying your first-born child if it's OK if you leave her and drive to another state just days before she's due to give birth (or just after).

Pro tip 2: If you decide to disregard Pro Tip 1, film it for posterity's sake. (And us.)

Wait for "Tension 2014."

yea kinda what im figuring especially since she isnt the nin fan that i am and wouldnt understand what it means to me to be there but im definitely more excited about the baby and would really hate to be there at the show and miss something. so yea i guess tension 2014 is more likely the answer haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    just funny how the dates were arranged in my case, on a side note i told a friend of mine a couple months ago when the rumors were going around that i would bet there would be a tour and the only local dates would be on the day of our expected delivery and we laughed and laughed and laughed........heh i reminded him of this today but he was the only one laughing today.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    first pregnancies rarely go into labor before 40 weeks (assuming a healthy mother and an uncomplicated pregnancy). go to the earlier show.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Sounds like your first kid. Don't let this be how you start fatherhood! Be there for your family. If your wife can't safely/sanely attend with you, then it's probably not a good idea to go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I missed some shows when my wife was pregnant, but when our son was a little less than two months old, I did go to see Einsturzende Neubauten at the Cabaret Metro. If your wife understands, and, if she does not share your NIN-fanaticism, then broach the going to the show before the due date. If she is as big, or a bigger fan than you. You should miss it together. Seriously. The same if she doesn't understand musical fanaticism. But, even if she doesn't want to stand in your way... be ready to miss the concert if things change.
    Last edited by gamecat235; 06-06-2013 at 05:37 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    finance a trip MUCH earlier than the projected date of birth..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Sounds like your first kid. Don't let this be how you start fatherhood! Be there for your family. If your wife can't safely/sanely attend with you, then it's probably not a good idea to go.
    i agree problem solved i guess.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Also, for what it's worth, Nine Inch Nails/Godspeed/Explosions/Any Band isn't that great in these extra large settings. In fact I'd say these venues are just terrible. There isn't much point in going: Your going to be so far away that it may as well be a youtube bootleg anyway OR so close that you risk bodily harm from the legions of zombie fans angrily drooling there way towards Trent. The only reason to go to a big venue show, IMHO is to say that you were there.

Inevitably NIN will comes around to smaller clubs and ballrooms and THAT is something to see. With decent acoustics and an intimate crowd that won't scream "Fuck You!" The whole way through Hurt.

These are two of my favorite bands, but for each I will more than likely hold out for a better quality show. And I don't have a pregnate wife. That's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Explosions, Godspeed, and NIN will come back around someday.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Maybe the two of you could get seats at the earlier show?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Bring her along and maybe it will induce labor!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

a little dilemma

Being born at a NIN show would be kind of awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yea there is THAT hahaha

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This bafflingly unlocked discussion reminds me of this Metal Festival I went to a few years ago.

On stage was Cannibal Corpse, and in the crowd was the largest, most violent mosh pit I have still ever seen. I played my usual role of avoiding the fuck out of it, or tried to, because this thing is just growing rapidly. In the distance, motorcyclists jumped a Monter Energy sponsored bus, in the interest of broing things up a bit more.

Somewhere just at the point where the pit met the people like me was a very, very pregnant woman on a wheel chair. She must have been in her third trimester, I mean she was wheelchairbound, and you could only assume it was related to the pregnancy, and nonetheless at this moment she was actually standing on this wheel chair. This would be unsafe enough if it weren't also at the edge of the aforementioned mosh pit.

I wasn't the only person who noticed this, and finally one guy was just so concerned about it and tried to talk her down, "Maybe you shouldn't even be at this kind of a festival" She got down from the wheel chair and started trying to fight the guy! All set to "Hammer Smashed Face." Basically the most metal thing I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    This bafflingly unlocked discussion
    decision made so lock away.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    At the LITS show at The Forum in LA I remember one of the only people who got a Demon Seed shirt was a very, very pregnant woman, and of course she'd immediately put it on. The Demon Seed logo stretched over her pregnant belly was pretty amusing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Wait for "Tension 2014."
    Oh you must mean "Release 2014"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninedead View Post
    do i go with the Nashville show and leave my possibly a week or less old newborn and wife at home for possibly a day and a half? I have yet to discuss this with her since this all new but i need suggestions.
    I can suggest a wonderful Divorce lawyer ...

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

a little dilemma

Heh. I wouldn't have been to more than five shows if I hadn't gotten divorced when I did. Best decision I ever made.

I actually booked a trip for an out of state NIN show before realizing I'd miss my oldest daughter's birthday. I did the right thing and went to the show.

<3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My daughter has been to two NIN shows (the Wiltern and Fonda), in utero.
    So that said, if you can only afford one show, then you can't afford any shows. Spend the money on the baby instead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

a little dilemma

Seriously, I fucking LOVE Nine Inch Nails, but wouldn't hesitate in passing up a personal studio tour with Trent if it conflicted with anything to do with my daughters.

Kids come first, no exceptions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My advice being a new dad myself.... buy the tickets. But DON'T buy the presale tickets!

You just never know with these things. My daughter was born almost right on time, but you just never know. Also, October is a long time from now. You never know how she's going to be feeling before or after the baby is born. She may need a lot of help if she's having a hard time.

If you buy regular non presale tickets and you cannot make the show, well at least you can sell or gift the tickets. If you CAN go, well at least you have your tickets and you get to see a kick-ass show.

Good luck to you and congratulations on the baby!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I would like to facepalm this entire thread.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Being born in a sports arena filled with drunk people would kind of suck.

Suggestion from someone who isn't even interested in ever having kids: skip both shows. Yes, both. It's just a band.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It's not like Americans don't get like three NIN tours a year when they're active anyway.

(exaggerating and sour)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninedead View Post
    do i go with the St Louis show and hope my wife delivers on time or do i go with the Nashville show and leave my possibly a week or less old newborn and wife at home for possibly a day and a half? I have yet to discuss this with her ....
    Last edited by Plastic Soul; 06-08-2013 at 12:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a little dilemma

You need to get your hands on Pitocin. It's a drug that induces labor.
    All you need to do is slip it in her wine (which I'm sure she still downs)
    Then bang that kid out. And all three of you come the the show.
    I'll watch Trent Jr. while you and your wife hit the pit.

Bring ear protectors. We don't want to be irresponsible.