Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Random HTDA thoughts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I'm going with 16 tracks. I don't mean to sound bitchy, but it's times like this when I wish TR didn't try to re-invent the wheel with every new release. Of course, when it finally comes out and if/when the plan kicks ass then I won't be bitching about how long it took. As you can probably tell, I'm kinda split about the whole thing.
    Yeah thats kinda how I feel. I never have enough spare money for the really expensive special editions. In the end I just want the music.... And maybe a shirt. However, it's their album and as long as I get to hear it in the end I don't really mind

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The following was tweeted by Rob very early this morning (and supposedly deleted right away):

@rob_sheridan: Excited about the imagery I've been making over the past 6 months. Cool new technique I've been exploring. Wish I could say more. SOON...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    The following was tweeted by Rob very early this morning (and supposedly deleted right away):

@rob_sheridan: Excited about the imagery I've been making over the past 6 months. Cool new technique I've been exploring. Wish I could say more. SOON...
    Hope we aren't getting the poor guy in trouble with this. Wonder what this new technique is anyway. Thats now Mariqueen and Rob vocalising their desire to get their work out the door.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    so its totally an app

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The album will be released only in 3D printer file form, for us to print onto vinyl

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    it's actually going to be a Bio-Printer file, like on Eureka.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    From Mariqueen's twitter:

"@DestroyAngels's Photo http://instagr.am/p/O2dpWRkKKO/ "

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    ^
    “3D-print THAT, b*tches!”

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It's going to come as day 1 DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

And it's going to be on the game disc already, you just have to pay 20 bucks to unlock it.

Or you can pay 100 bucks for the limited special edition that comes with a voucher to stream the album. On your Xbox. As long as you have a Live Gold account, of course.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    It's going to come as day 1 DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

And it's going to be on the game disc already, you just have to pay 20 bucks to unlock it.

Or you can pay 100 bucks for the limited special edition that comes with a voucher to stream the album. On your Xbox. As long as you have a Live Gold account, of course.
    I gotta pay for that damn facepalm button. . .

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    I gotta pay for that damn facepalm button. . .
    So you can simultaneously like and facepalm the quoted post? K.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Was just a joke...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    31 May Trent Reznor ‏@trent_reznor
    Getting the plan together for @destroyangels. You will hear new music later this year. Stay tuned.

Three months down, four to go. I'm guessing if we don't get any specific info or any teasers/promo material this month then this isn't coming out this year.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    don't forget there is still a possibility that this month is reserved for the fragile reissue

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    don't forget there is still a possibility that this month is reserved for the fragile reissue
    Somehow I don't think that will just be dropped on our heads with no mention or promotion.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm beginning to wonder if it is actually coming out this year. The whole "new music coming this year" could depressingly be referring to the Black Ops theme.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if it is actually coming out this year. The whole "new music coming this year" could depressingly be referring to the Black Ops theme.
    Why would he say he's getting the plan together for HTDA in the same post if the new music wasn't referring to them? People on this forum over analyze way too much.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'm sure it's due out this year - it may not COME out this year, if there's been issues, but it's due nonetheless

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just get the feeling that things aren't going as smoothly as planned for them. I thought it was gonna be released at the very most a month after Trent tweeted that the album was finished. I've lost count of how many months ago that was now (4 or 5 I think).

For the record though, I'm not particularly over analyzing at all. It may have been referring to HTDA but wording it in such a vague manner leaves it wide open to speculation.

Okay, re-reading that last bit there, I may be slightly over analyzing... WHATEVER I DONT FUCKING CARE JUST GIVE ME THE GODDAMN ALBUM ALREADY

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I think one disheartening thing about this all is that by now, we're sick of waiting. A clever marketing scheme or release system will be totally lost on much of the hardcore fanbase, because we've had one too many "soons".

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    From what we've been hearing, it sounds like people involved (MQ at least) are sick of the waiting too. I just hope they're making good use of the time to perform any tweaks on the music that occur to them.
    The thing with the marketing though, they already have a reasonably captive audience with the NIN hardcore - whatever they're cooking up needs to draw in the uninitiated.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    From what we've been hearing, it sounds like people involved (MQ at least) are sick of the waiting too.
    Have we actually been hearing that they are sick of waiting? I haven't seen that anywhere beyond baseless speculation here on the forums.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Have we actually been hearing that they are sick of waiting? I haven't seen that anywhere beyond baseless speculation here on the forums.
    Well Mariqueen tweeted about how impatient she was. Rob Sheridan also apparently tweeted (then quickly deleted) that he wants everyone to see a new technique he's been working on but just left it at another ''soon''.

Honestly, I'm really not interested in any marketing or distribution in the slightest. They could release their music on a fucking potato for all I care, I just want to hear the damned thing. I do understand why they need to take their time with all this jibberish but I just can't help but be impatient about it, this being what feels like the millionth day in a row checking up the usual websites for any activity

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wasn't the purpose of being independent was to release new music on the spot without "waiting 3 months". I mean, the box set of TGWTDT didn't make the music any better. It didn't bring any new experience to fully enjoy properly the music.

[joke]
    Why do we have to wait for a 1) big box set with vynils, hdd with hd music, the bluray, some paintings, a carpet, big black boots, cubase pro edition/protools pro edition to remix, with a signed guitar, 2) a ride in a car with trent reznor (oh wait that was Josh Freeze), or option 3) the cd with no booklet cause they are cool and nobody makes booklet anymore so you should have bought the 3000$ boxset or just the digital version with no pdf you moron.

oh, and a usb key.
    [/joke]

Release the music if it's finished. Offer us the big box set the next year it if takes that long. We WILL buy something anyway.

Was that how NIN fans felt before The Fragile was released?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I sincerely doubt they're waiting to release the music just so that they can sell a completely manufactured deluxe version at the same time. That would indicate that they're primarily interested in making money... which we can deduce, at least from TR's past behavior, that it's not a prime motivator whatsoever. If production on a deluxe was the only holdup, they'd have already just released the shit digitally and then sold the deluxe whenever it was ready, even if it would sell fewer copies without the initial release excitement behind it.

And if the possibility of an app release is what's being referred to as a "clever marketing scheme or release system" or "marketing or distribution jibberish" in posts above, I think you might want to reconsider that. Check out what Bjork's Biophilia offered, and then think about just how cool the shit would be that TR, Rob and the people they'd hire could come up with. In addition to those interactive "games," there were scores, essays, images... endless possibilities. I'm sure if the app is what they're going for, they consider it an integral part of the musical release.
    Last edited by jessamineny; 09-02-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I sincerely doubt they're waiting to release the music just so that they can sell a completely manufactured deluxe version at the same time. That would indicate that they're primarily interested in making money.
    Personally, I think that would indicate that they're primarily interested in a selling a product that customers aren't going to be fighting to track down months after they've paid for it, as has happened with certain other limited edition releases. It tells me that they want to give the customer what they want right when they pay for it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Personally, I think that would indicate that they're primarily interested in a selling a product that customers aren't going to be fighting to track down months after they've paid for it, as has happened with certain other limited edition releases. It tells me that they want to give the customer what they want right when they pay for it.
    Yeah, I speculated about that months ago. But this late in the game, I just don't think they'd make everyone wait... so that a thousand (?) people who would plunk down the cash for a deluxe would be able to have it immediately.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I think TGWTDT's delay DID teach them some lessons about deluxe releases, but still, I doubt that's the only reason. And if it is an app release in any way, it'll be really annoying, unless they release the code for the app too, so people can develop it onto every platform.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Looking at Biophillia I admit it does look very nice but I really don't get apps at all. Apps are an Apple thing right? I don't know, I hate them anyway. They came from nowhere and have become something integral to everyone. Never caught on with me at all. If they do release it as an app, I may take the time to find out what the hell an app is and download it to whatever device I own that can support an app. Or more likely I'll just buy the album version.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I guess I can go fuck myself because I don't own a smartphone or tablet.