Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2013.11.02 - New Orleans, LA @ Voodoo Music & Art Experience

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

2013.11.02 - New Orleans, LA @ Voodoo Music & Art Experience

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Ordered my credentials today...heading down from NYC with a small group. So excited to head back to where I was born!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Has anyone ever been to Voodoo before? I'm looking at getting the VIP tickets and wondering if what they say is true about front row seats. Also, are the elevated seats to the right of the stage or the ones that are about 100 yards or so back?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    got credentials + camping

woohoo!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post
    Has anyone ever been to Voodoo before? I'm looking at getting the VIP tickets and wondering if what they say is true about front row seats. Also, are the elevated seats to the right of the stage or the ones that are about 100 yards or so back?
    I went in 2010 and I'm pretty sure it depends on the stage. The main stage had a VIP GA section near the front of the stage and they had elevated seating to the right of that. But that's all I remember and it could have changed since then.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    i wonder if htda and nin will perform on the same of different nights.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    they released a lot more bands today, i'm a bit underwhelmed http://lineup.worshipthemusic.com/

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    At least it's not suffering from "Same lineup, different festival name" disease that seems to go around every summer. Looking forward to seeing some Dr John.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    the more i look into some of the bands i don't know, the more excited i am that i will find some new bands to love

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    At least it's not suffering from "Same lineup, different festival name" disease that seems to go around every summer. Looking forward to seeing some Dr John.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    yeah most of what they released is pretty ho-hum, or i have no clue who they are. Psyched about the jazz groups added, and frankly i don't want too many lower level artists that I'd want to see, b/c that frees me & my friends up to do more New Orleans stuff every day before the fest.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wonder what the setup will be for Voodoo. It is one of 2 festival dates on the Tension tour. It is really the only one because as far as I know Mountain Oasis is in a controlled indoor environment.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    They just announced The Cure will be playing.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Yes finally! I can see The Cure!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

?

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveFestivals View Post
    I wonder what the setup will be for Voodoo. It is one of 2 festival dates on the Tension tour. It is really the only one because as far as I know Mountain Oasis is in a controlled indoor environment.

I'm very curious about this as well.

I'm also very curious to find out which day HTDA will be playing. NIN will most likely be Saturday November 2nd.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greyskies13 View Post
    They just announced The Cure will be playing.
    Aw dammit - NIN, Pearl Jam,AND The Cure? I may just have to try to go.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    I'm very curious about this as well.

I'm also very curious to find out which day HTDA will be playing. NIN will most likely be Saturday November 2nd.
    I can't wait for the actual set times to be released. It would be amazing if How To Destroy Angels played close to before NIN. Anyone else I see will be a bonus, they are my only two must sees.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I would guess they are going to be on two separate nights

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    It also looks like they might break the bigger acts down like this: one rock headliner each night, with a pop headliner on opposite them on another stage (or perhaps right under them) and an electronic act each night as well.

So The Cure/Pearl Jam/NIN will close one night each, as will Paramore/Macklemore/Calvin Harris (or they will go on right before the rock act). Yes I think they will approach Calvin Harris as a pop act more than an electronic act. And then Bassnectar, Afrojack and either Boyz Noise or Dirty South will be separate nights.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Schedule will be posted Sept 5th per website. Since they're playing shows Wednesday/Thursday, I imagine NIN will fall on Saturday, with HTDA on Sunday, much like the Mountain Oasis break-down.

Either way, I am excite! :-)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redshoewearer View Post
    Aw dammit - NIN, Pearl Jam,AND The Cure? I may just have to try to go.

I'm thinking the exact same thing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    What I'm really wondering now is how much of the new fall tour setup we'll get to see or if they'll drag the setup from the current festival tour back out of storage for Voodoo.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rob might answer you on Twitter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greyskies13 View Post
    What I'm really wondering now is how much of the new fall tour setup we'll get to see or if they'll drag the setup from the current festival tour back out of storage for Voodoo.
    I'm very curious as well. I want to see them in Nashville the week before but if I can't afford it, I'd like to know that I'm not missing too much of the Tension setup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Kid Rock added to the lineup! 12 year old me is pretty excited, even though I know he's gonna play a bunch of new crap when all I want to hear are songs from devil without a cause. NIN, Pearl Jam and The Cure is a great top three. The mid card all I know is Billy Squier (awesome) and New Found Glory (sucks). Anyone recommend some stuff to try out?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Denim Chicken View Post
    Kid Rock added to the lineup! 12 year old me is pretty excited, even though I know he's gonna play a bunch of new crap when all I want to hear are songs from devil without a cause. NIN, Pearl Jam and The Cure is a great top three. The mid card all I know is Billy Squier (awesome) and New Found Glory (sucks). Anyone recommend some stuff to try out?
    These are interesting bands of all different sorts: Beats Antique, Anamanaguchi, He's My Brother She's My Sister, Dirty South, The VirginMarys, Cults, Delta Rae

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    nin is slated for 9:45 - 11:15 on Saturday

HTDA 6:55 - 8:00 on Sunday

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    man that sucks for Trent that HDTA has to play at the same time as The Cure!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    It also looks like they might break the bigger acts down like this: one rock headliner each night, with a pop headliner on opposite them on another stage (or perhaps right under them) and an electronic act each night as well.

So The Cure/Pearl Jam/NIN will close one night each, as will Paramore/Macklemore/Calvin Harris (or they will go on right before the rock act). Yes I think they will approach Calvin Harris as a pop act more than an electronic act. And then Bassnectar, Afrojack and either Boyz Noise or Dirty South will be separate nights.
    I just remembered that Ilan Rubin was Paramore's drummer for a short time over the last year and is all over their new album. It would be pretty sick if he pulled off both shows, but that's not happening as Paramore has a different drummer now. It's funny how Paramore has connections to NIN now, especially since I have a crush on Hayley Williams.

Maybe they could get Hayley on a NIN record in the future. She sings pretty well.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 09-05-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I just remembered that Ilan Rubin was Paramore's drummer for a short time over the last year and is all over their new album. It would be pretty sick if he pulled off both shows, but that's not happening as Paramore has a different drummer now. It's funny how Paramore has connections to NIN now, especially since I have a crush on Hayley Williams.

Maybe they could get Hayley on a NIN record in the future. She sings pretty well.
    Josh Freese drummed for them for a bit prior to Ilan... so the connection is kind of doubled.

I feel a little shafted on the set time for NIN considering how big of a spot Pearl Jam is getting Friday. I'm hoping this gets extended a bit... and I'm REALLY hoping it's not the same set from the festival leg that just ended since I caught them at Lolla and this will be the only other chance I get to see them unless they come back through or near Chicago next year.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Whelp, HTDA has cancelled their appearance. I guess Trent and Mariqueen really didn't want to miss that Cure set.