Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Next NIN Album Speculation

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post

This basically confirms a new nin album. Plus the Kronos Quartet might be on it? damn!
    Still #2
    do it trent, do it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I reckon an album heavy in electronics and ambience is heading our way. Not YZ style electronics, but something that would work well in particular with Adrian's guitar work. I think there'll be tracks with considerable distortion and boom, but not so much as to dominate any more than half the album.

Edit: Note, when I say heavy in electronics I do not mean dubstep or anything that resembles it. :P
    Last edited by JamesCmuse; 03-10-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So long as it sounds nothing like The Slip I'll be happy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Next NIN Album Speculation

Well this is both exciting and disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent Reznor
    . . . there's no new record scheduled at this point.
    http://www.nme.com/news/nine-inch-na..._campaign=1993

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I don't understand this? We've heard from various sources that a new record was in the works and that he had been writing full fledged NIN material....plus with the whole Kronos Quartet mention I figured we were locked in for another record. Not that they know for sure it's an "album"...but still.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    well, /thread.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Well, I just read the NME summary as "there's no target/scheduled release date" not that there's "no new NIN album in the works." No biggie.

TR translation: "The tour will not be in support of a new album."

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Still going with Still #2. Look what videos were just added: http://vimeo.com/ninofficial. (Hint: it's the Still videos)
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 03-13-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Well, I just read the NME summary as "there's no target/scheduled release date" not that there's "no new NIN album in the works." No biggie.

TR translation: "The tour will not be in support of a new album."
    Good point! Perhaps the new album will be released around the Greatest Hits collection then now?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The timing of the albums isn't really news. In the December interview in The New Yorker, he said the greatest hits record would come in 2014 and the new NIN album would follow that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Have NIN ever toured without a new release to support? I can't think of any instances.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    He could tour with a new release if he'd do The Fragile: Live.

/obligatory pouty selfish drama

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    if there is a new album, I'm hoping it'll be somewhat transformative. As I mentioned in it's thread, Welcome Oblivion is decent, but fails to tread new territory. I'm sure he'll blow my mind again soon enough.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    Have NIN ever toured without a new release to support? I can't think of any instances.
    NINJA and Wave Goodbye?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Not really the same thing. It was just one long, 14-month tour cycle after The Slip was released, from LITS to Australia to NINJA to Europe and Asia to the club dates. There was never more than a couple of months off.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

He's said he had some new work "in the new nin column" which is not incompatible with "no NIN album in the works". Even if he has hours of material there might be no cohesion: an album is more than the sum of its parts. Aside from artistry it's a project to manage with finances, personnel, Gantt charts...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    NINJA and Wave Goodbye?
    I'd still consider those parts of the same touring cycle as LITS/Slip-related as there wasn't much of a break.

I was speaking more in terms of being gone for quite awhile and firing up a tour just because. It seems odd, especially with his previous comments regarding NIN as it was running its course.

But then again I guess we won't be seeing them as they were if they're reinvented from the ground up.

Banjos and tambourines on the upcoming tour. You heard it here first.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Dissonance wasn't in support of TDS. They wrapped everything up after Australian '95 dates and only came back because one cannot simply say 'no' to David fucking Bowie.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    they also did a club tour in late 95 after the Bowie tour...and inlate 96 they did the 3 or 4 show night of nothing tour...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So to say, there really hasn't been a “remix-album-for-the-slip”, has it?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hey now, don't forget Strobe Light and its world wide tour strictly available through windows media player, and compatible with most computer systems registered and verified through AOL and Dell computers. That tour was sick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No new NIN album in the works per Pitchfork. Sadface. Will be intrigued to hear the new tracks off the greatest hits, but I guess he's really done with it now?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    No new NIN album in the works per Pitchfork. Sadface. Will be intrigued to hear the new tracks off the greatest hits, but I guess he's really done with it now?
    "No new album on the schedule" doesn't mean "no new album ever". Trent's been recording for like a full year now. Scroll up before posting.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    So to say, there really hasn't been a “remix-album-for-the-slip”, has it?
    We can dream...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Good point! Perhaps the new album will be released around the Greatest Hits collection then now?
    I believe the NME article says the Greatest Hits is planned for 2014 - I take that to mean enjoy NIN now before we get an influx of fanmates!

Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    We didn't know that Year Zero was coming when Performance 2007 started, if that counts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    We didn't know that Year Zero was coming when Performance 2007 started, if that counts.
    hm, i wouldn't say so:
    Performance 2007 (with the first date being 10 February 2007) was announced about 29 October 2006. see: http://web.archive.org/web/200610291...our/index.html
    And a "new NIN record" was (unofficially announced) on 03 November 2006 via a Spiral blog, so just 5 days later. see: http://trent-reznor.narod.ru/03_11_2...x_madness.html and http://trent-reznor.narod.ru/20_11_2006-revisions.html

so basically we knew that something was coming when the tour was announced. still these info was somewhat insider-info, because it was via spiral and stuff...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tommygunn View Post
    I'm hoping the new album will be more synth-centric. Real synths, not laptop synths.
    but he's been using analogue synths almost exclusively for the past three years