Page 74 of 154 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 4613

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tums206_BFY View Post
    Watched Kingsman this weekend. I enjoyed it, a bit slower pace than I expected but it was a good mix of comedy and action. Fun flick unfortunately box office wise it will overshadowed by 50 Shades but hopefully it did well. Colin Firth was pretty awesome and Taron Egerton was pretty good too. Nice cast.
    Saw this too. It was a lot better than the commercials made it look. Its really fun and violent in hilarious ways. It did alright this weekend, too, getting about 35 mil.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Maybe that's something for the controversial opinions thread, but... I'm liking Woody Allen's movies more and more...
    In the past two weeks I watched Match Point, Scoop and Blue Jasmine. Match Point is basically three movies in one, first, a hard-hitting class-based social movie, then a typical Woody-esque romantic comedy and then a retelling of Dostojevski's Crime and Punishment. I seem to like Scoop more than many others. But Woody reminds me of my grandfather in this movie, and I actually like Hugh Jackman in there as well. Blue Jasmine is even more about class than Match Point, and quite nasty.
    His movies are just really well-told. They are never too long. Even the heavy ones carry a certain lightness, if one can say that. Blue Jasmine reminded me a bit of Volver, and I think the style of Almodovar and Allen is actually quite similar or getting rather similar.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Apocalypse Now, over three days. WTF!?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ambergris View Post
    Maybe that's something for the controversial opinions thread, but... I'm liking Woody Allen's movies more and more...
    In the past two weeks I watched Match Point, Scoop and Blue Jasmine. Match Point is basically three movies in one, first, a hard-hitting class-based social movie, then a typical Woody-esque romantic comedy and then a retelling of Dostojevski's Crime and Punishment. I seem to like Scoop more than many others. But Woody reminds me of my grandfather in this movie, and I actually like Hugh Jackman in there as well. Blue Jasmine is even more about class than Match Point, and quite nasty.
    His movies are just really well-told. They are never too long. Even the heavy ones carry a certain lightness, if one can say that. Blue Jasmine reminded me a bit of Volver, and I think the style of Almodovar and Allen is actually quite similar or getting rather similar.
    Go watch all the oldies. Love and Death is one of my favorites - hilarous. Interiors, I was so depressed afterwards.

Binge watched Bosch on Amazon. I read one of the books and I think they did a decent job keeping the characters the same. Several familiar faces from the 80's and 90's in supporting roles.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Go watch all the oldies. Love and Death is one of my favorites - hilarous.
    Love and Death still makes me laugh SO hard. And I've seen Annie Hall too many times to count but will still watch it again and again.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Love and Death still makes me laugh SO hard. And I've seen Annie Hall too many times to count but will still watch it again and again.
    Classic

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Finally saw Nightcrawler the other night. Blew me away. I'd heard tons of praise for it for a while and had wanted to see it in theatres but missed it and I still had my expectations surpassed. Maybe my favorite film of 2014 (still need to see Birdman, Boyhood and Whiplash).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The Great Budapest Hotel - was ok, eccentric (I am not a Wes Anderson fan), beautiful cinematography and set scenes

Selma was good, cried at some parts, everyone in the cinema was so quiet when the credits came on, thought no one was going to leave!

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Nightcrawler was FANTASTIC. I went in with relatively low expectations and was very happily surprised at how great it was. I had no idea where that movie was going. So good.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The Wire: starring every black actor you've seen in anything in the last 10 years.

I'm only half an hour in, and I'm diggin' it so far. Keep hearing that season 1 takes some time, but I'm usually pretty patient with that kinda stuff.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    The Wire: starring every black actor you've seen in anything in the last 10 years.

I'm only half an hour in, and I'm diggin' it so far. Keep hearing that season 1 takes some time, but I'm usually pretty patient with that kinda stuff.
    I got through season 1 and part of 2 and had to put it aside. It's like drinking from a fire hose, at least for me it was.

Saw the series finale of Two and 1/2 men. Meh meh, however I appreciated the very last scene.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Watched 20,000 Days On Earth yesterday and found it really compelling, offering a unique version of Nick Cave and feeling like it exists outside of fiction/non-fiction. It may be all fictional yet it's all true if that makes any sense. It definitely made me feel really artistically inspired, made me want to write more and just felt like a great watch for anyone interested in the creative process.

I just finished watching A Coffee In Berlin and enjoyed it. It's a German film about a college drop out in Berlin, taking place over the course of a single day as he tries to get a cup of coffee (I'm over-simplifying beyond belief, but really, had he owned a drip pot or French press this would have been very short). It had flaws for sure but at its best was very good. I've been really fascinated lately by films set in a single day or so or that just attempt to offer a sense or feeling of life rather than some grand narrative, and this was another good example of that type of film.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Whiplash was absolutely stunning. I still need to see Birdman before really judging but at the moment I'm surprised that didn't get more Oscars. It's one I can tell I'm going to see several more times and be thinking about for a while. The editing, lighting, use of music and just raw acting all came together and did their jobs perfectly. I can usually have complaints about most films even when I really enjoy them and I'm having a tough time thinking of anything I could really say bothered me.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Finally saw John Wick. Watching it again now. Pretty much everything one could want in an action flick. I don't care if the story's been told a million times over, I still love it. The soundtrack is quite good as well.

Oh, and I can unequivocally say that I would do the same thing if someone killed my dog.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed that film. Pretty much for the same reasons.

Just finished Hannibal season 2. I Fucking Love this show.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Just a bunch of hunks

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just finished this. Stop what you're doing and watch it immediately.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    In the last week due to being iced in here, I've watched:
    John Wick (really impressed with this one)
    Bad Boys II (old favorite, cheesy goodness.)
    Valkyrie
    Pacific Rim (Finally got around to watching this, can't wait for the sequel)
    And a lot of That 70's Show and Family Feud.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'd really like a sequel to John Wick. In an interview the directors said they'd want to do it and they could, without a doubt, top the action in the first one. The thing is the movie made its money back, but wasn't a megahit or anything. Hopefully they can go it a go, because after people see this at home they'd be down to show up for the sequel. I'd like to see Keanu try new and unique ways of pulling off headshots.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    just watched this trailer and HOLY SHIT do i want to see this film!

and then i get to the end of the trailer and it's written & directed by ryan gosling? FUCK YEAH!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    just watched this trailer and HOLY SHIT do i want to see this film!

and then i get to the end of the trailer and it's written & directed by ryan gosling? FUCK YEAH!
    I've heard some bad things about it but I still want to see it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Star Wars Rebels season 1 finale, it was SO good.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Kingsman: The Secret Service was so much fun to watch. Had nothing but a good time with it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Burning Love is so god damn hilarious, can't believe I'd never heard of this show before. It's a perfect parody of The Bachelor with a stacked cast and some amazing dialogue.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Burning Love is so god damn hilarious, can't believe I'd never heard of this show before. It's a perfect parody of The Bachelor with a stacked cast and some amazing dialogue.

Aaaaand I just finished the first season and it was amazing. Starting season 2 now and it looks even better.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Cuban Fury

based on an idea by and starring nick frost as a former salsa dancer. it was fun, funny, and adorable. the supporting cast were all fantastic, rashida jones was charmingly dorky, and chris o'dowd was great, but it was really hard to see him being such an a-hole.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Finally jumped on the Arrow bandwagon.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 11:44 AM.