Page 38 of 135 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You guys (and it's all fucking guys) need to examine why you suddenly get defensive and "oh right like a woman never lied before" when it involves something in which you've invested emotional capital over time. The real test of whether you're an ally or another piece of shit is when this actually fucking tests you.

False sexual assault claims are so rare as to be statistically insignificant. In the aggregate it just might as well not happen.

You need to listen when women talk.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I think Twiggy did it. There are more stories coming to light of rapes that happened during his tenure with NIN. But fuck man, please don’t just start spouting off the alt right thing at people who still believe in plausable deniability. Not thinking someone raped someone doesn’t make them a republican, that’s a stupid fucking comparison.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What a time to be a Manson fan. The Manson band in general was up to a lot of crazy shit during that time, so I would not at all be surprised that this actually happened. I'm debating over whether I should just leave this board because I might be branded a monster for not wanting to pull a complete u-turn on the existence of Manson and Twiggy over what happened during that time, or stick around to continue watching the shitstorm erupting over this revelation while munching on invisible popcorn. I've already received bucketloads of crap from my brother during high school based over all the crazy rumors surrounding Manson himself (though to be fair, he had recently converted to Christianity) and the last thing I want is to be given even more crap over the music I like. If Twiggy is found guilty in court, I'll accept it, but I'm really getting sick of finding out how so many people have been taking such nasty falls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by polski View Post
    You guys (and it's all fucking guys) need to examine why you suddenly get defensive and "oh right like a woman never lied before" when it involves something in which you've invested emotional capital over time. The real test of whether you're an ally or another piece of shit is when this actually fucking tests you.

False sexual assault claims are so rare as to be statistically insignificant. In the aggregate it just might as well not happen.

You need to listen when women talk.
    Oh well, there you go. That's logical. If a crime is rare lets just dismiss it as 'statistically insignificant' and state it 'might as well not happen.' Lets just crow that we need to listen when women talk and turn this into some kind of feminist crusade instead of treating each case with a open mind and assessing and investigating it as such. And anyone that tries to adopt an open mind and refuses to just tag along blindly with a pre-determined mantra about women and men is revealed as a piece of shit, apparently.

Seriously, just unreal.
    Last edited by xfilian; 10-21-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfilian View Post
    Oh well, there you go. That's logical. If a crime is rare lets just dismiss it as 'statistically insignificant' and state it 'might as well not happen.' Lets just crow that we need to listen when women talk and turn this into some kind of feminist crusade instead of treating each case with a open mind and assessing and investigating it as such. And anyone that refuses to adopt an open mind and refuses to just tag along blindly with a pre-determined mantra about women and men is revealed as a piece of shit, apparently.

Seriously, just unreal.
    Dont forgot making it political and labelling anyone who doesn’t immediately believe the allegations as altrighters >.>

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Would you idiots listen to yourselves?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I have a feeling this thread might get locked again....not saying that to be an ass, but from what I saw before....it might be heading out that way.......again....

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Agreed. Everyone said their peice and people aren't going to change their minds, just argue about it.

Temporary lock might not be a bad idea before people start hating each other lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Strange how people who would never trust the justice system to provide fair treatment of black men have no trouble falling back on "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY/WHY DOESN'T SHE HAVE HER 15 YEAR OLD RAPE ALLEGATION INVESTIGATED" when it comes to a woman accusing a white man.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Jeordie's default character design will make meathead re-watches pretty awkward from now on, that's for sure.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by polski View Post
    Strange how people who would never trust the justice system to provide fair treatment of black men have no trouble falling back on "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY/WHY DOESN'T SHE HAVE HER 15 YEAR OLD RAPE ALLEGATION INVESTIGATED" when it comes to a woman accusing a white man.
    Goddamn, you've got nice list of things without any evidence to support them. I love how you are trying to potray us as being some kind of sexist monsters or soemthing.

All(-)right people, my head hurts. And this ain't going anywhere.

Soo..can...can we like, I don't know, go back complaining about Heavens Upside Down perhaps, please? We can talk about how much lyrics to Jesus Crisis sucks again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Agreed. Everyone said their peice and people aren't going to change their minds, just argue about it.

Temporary lock might not be a bad idea before people start hating each other lol.
    Temporary locking might lead to us picking up right where we left off upon unlocking. I say we instead start another new thread when Manson goes back on tour or something.

Can't wait to read more posts about how much he sucks live!
    Last edited by Patrick_Nicholas; 10-21-2017 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Due to how lightly active I am here, I've only just noticed that there was another thread before this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    We can talk about how much lyrics to Jesus Crisis sucks again.
    Surely no one can disagree on that?!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Let’s talk about these allegations here.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...039#post382039

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    No. He sexually assaulted a 13 year old. Holy shit.
    Oh, and his countless apologies aren't enough?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I TOLD you guys I didn't like that fucker for some reason. And I'll say it again: he's not even a very good bassist.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Oh, and his countless apologies aren't enough?
    No. They’re not. He should be dead.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    No. They’re not. He should be dead.
    Sorry for drift but Polanski is in the news for ANOTHER sex case like right now.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Bring it back on topic, folks.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    If Jerodie did it, then fuck him.
    If she lied, then fuck her....simple as that.
    Yes, but only with their consent.

OK... not good time for silly joke, sorry. ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like how every positive review of Upside Down Heaven that I've read on here basically says "it's good if you don't have standards"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The thought police is out again! Yay!

Back on topic: when is Manson expected to continue touring? He’s supposed to play in Toronto in February and I’m debating whether or not to go to the show.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    The thought police is out again! Yay!

Back on topic: when is Manson expected to continue touring? He’s supposed to play in Toronto in February and I’m debating whether or not to go to the show.
    November at this stage I think. I'm not sure but only the NA leg was the only one cancelled so far

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    November at this stage I think. I'm not sure but only the NA leg was the only one cancelled so far
    He is still scheduled to play Ozzfest Meets Knotfest on November 5. His European tour starts on November 12.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    Mom not sure if there was anything not rebooked, but all the new dates are on the website:

http://www.marilynmanson.com/home.php#tour

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    http://www.brooklynvegan.com/marilyn...e-allegations/

I wonder if Twiggy will be kicked out the band? If these allegations are true I don't want to continue to support the band (I have a ticket for a February show).

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Daisy Berkowitz died this morning. =/

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Well, Daisy died this morning. =/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Well, Daisy died this morning. =/
    I HATE that. I'm one of the few that always enjoyed him and his endeavors. I spoke with him briefly on Facebook and wished him the best shortly after his cancer reveal ages ago.

It saddens me to hear that his cancer finally took hold after such a valiant battle. He's one member of the band I felt never got his glory or admiration he so deserved. The sound and aesthetic of much of the early band's music was responsible due to him. As dumb as this is, for a famous person, I haven't been affected by a sudden death this much since David Bowie's passing last year. So disheartening.