Page 41 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 2415

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    As someone who lives thousands of miles away from this tour, waking up the morning after a show and checking the setlist is like waking up on Christmas morning.

We are living in the Golden Age of NIN.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    100% agree. I live in Australia, one of the few places they've neglected this tour. It absolutely sucks, but I get a second-hand thrill seeing each setlist as the songs come in and imagining how happy everyone must be at that very moment on the other side of the world.

And I'm fully prepared to say that from a performance/setlist perspective this is the best tour they've ever done, eclipsing Wave Goodbye and YZ.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Trent, your impossible-to-please fans are finally satisfied.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Holy shit, when I started the video I wondered if maybe the reason TR hasn't broken out this great song once through so many tours was because it wouldn't translate live, and this was more of a fun fan service thing. I was so, so wrong. I never anticipated just how massive they could make that last section sound, I wouldn't be shocked at all if this becomes a staple for the rest of the tour the same way The Perfect Drug did.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Holy shit it finally happened. Im really hoping we get AATCHB in Vegas. Before this tour even started, that was the one rarity I wanted more than anything. Now there’s actually a chance they play it! This tour is just the gift that keeps on giving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Rice View Post
    Holy shit it finally happened. Im really hoping we get AATCHB in Vegas. Before this tour even started, that was the one rarity I wanted more than anything. Now there’s actually a chance they play it! This tour is just the gift that keeps on giving.
    Im flying to Vegas for both shows. I hope we get AATCHB one of those nights... i got misty-eyed watching that video. Fucking love that song.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Legit Crying watching them perform AATCHB live. Thank you, people who uploaded.

I probably would have fainted had I been there.
    Lucky you, Chicago!!!!!!!!!

Did they use the disco ball for anything else? Did Alessandro drop a pic of the ball on Instagram to tease using it for AATCHB?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpaMd3BgxJ-/
    Last edited by Andallthatcouldhavebeen; 10-27-2018 at 07:25 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Busting this out again because I’d though my favorite nin song would not be played.

I fucking love this band.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I’m so happy AATCHB got played and it sounded great, regardless of whether it’s played again tonight or not. Thank you, TR.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Wow! Ok, there has to be a blu ray /dvd release now. So many rarities played and they've just been on top of their game.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Still stunned that AATCHB was played. Coupled with The Perfect Drug, just about everything has been played this tour (with much still to go). Feels like a farewell tour.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It's like Trent just beat his dementia and remembered he's got all these great songs he's never played. We desperately need a live album of this tour and it's gotta be like 4 discs.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Never thought I'd see a nine inch nails show that didnt include terrible lie, wish, MOTP or THTF. Not even one bad witch song. But it was the best setlist I've experienced.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Alright... now Everything or GTFO on this tour!!! No fear Trent!!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Does anyone have a list of the opening acts this tour? I taped part of the opening band in Detroit night 2 but can't find their name. It was two guys; one on drums, one on keyboards. Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    this tour makes me realize one thing, I'm happy Nin wasn't inducted in Hall of shit

Ilan, Robin, Alessandro, Atticus, every era of Nin was sooo diferent, but always has something special
    If one of the guys wouldnt be in the hall of fame being part of Nin , I will be so fucking pissed, they sound better than ever

You are in the hall of fame of my heart (please insert the video of community where Chang screamsss gaaaaaaaaaaaay in this part)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    It's like Trent just beat his dementia and remembered he's got all these great songs he's never played. We desperately need a live album of this tour and it's gotta be like 4 discs.
    A set encapsulating like 4-10 entire shows professionally recorded would be INCREDIBLE. I hope hope hope that something official is released after this tour or at the very least we get another "gift" like LitS.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gladcarrot View Post
    Does anyone have a list of the opening acts this tour? I taped part of the opening band in Detroit night 2 but can't find their name. It was two guys; one on drums, one on keyboards. Thanks!
    Found it. It was Gabe Gurnsey (Factory Floor)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post

And he hasn't played a lot of good songs, they have a lot of material, pure gold
    this is why I'm happy with this kind of tours of any band, they can play any fucking song they want, they have a loooooot of god songs, not the same song everytime, and that makes artists happy, they can say I have a legacy , I'm not one hit wonder band

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    My prediction is "Deep" "We're In this Together" and "No, You Don't" will appear at some point.....

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I swear to god if he plays Leaving Hope...i'm so fucking done

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Holy fucking fuck And All That Could Have Been.

Holy shit the camera work in the video is perfect.

And fuck is Sin awesome live.

What the fuck.

Waking up seeing this was a treat.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    My prediction is "Deep" "We're In this Together" and "No, You Don't" will appear at some point.....
    I have to say, the first big rush I felt during the set last night was the lead up to The Wretched, and then forgetting to breathe while I waited to see if they'd go into "We're In This Together" and play the The Fragile (Left) all the way through. What a tease. They teased Broken last time they were at the Aragon, too. But in light of these amazing sets I don't even feel like it's fair of me to be like "no, I want a whole album played, AATCHB and TPD and everything else haven't been enough," heh. Catching AATCHB might have just blown past everything and become my favorite, most emotional NIN tour memory so far.

Immensely excited to see how it all wraps up tonight. I'm ready for anything at all to happen. Deep is also in my wantlist!!

If I had to give one criticism that comes to mind though - I wish that Only had live drums again, because that shit would have been fire. It feels a little too "sterile" without them in my opinion. But I was still happy to see it show up! I'll take all the WT I can get. LITS still takes the cake for my favorite version of Only, though. I remember avoiding tour spoilers and freaking out at the modified intro they were using, thinking it was a new song, then being blown away by the rest of the performance and the production. I wouldn't say LITS was my favorite tour/production, either, but that version of the song is probably the best I've seen.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 10-27-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    I swear to god if he plays Leaving Hope...i'm so fucking done
    Probably not going to happen. Aside from the standards (Pinion/The Eater Of Dreams, The Frail -> The Wretched, Help Me I Am In Hell -> Happiness In Slavery), and the random A Warm Place and La Mer performances, they've been avoiding instrumentals. Then again, I never thought I'd see the day where The Perfect Drug and And All That Could Have Been got played, so I'm not completely ruling it out.

Now if only they would play some tracks from Ghosts...
    Last edited by BRoswell; 10-27-2018 at 12:47 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andallthatcouldhavebeen View Post
    Legit Crying watching them perform AATCHB live. Thank you, people who uploaded.

I probably would have fainted had I been there.
    Lucky you, Chicago!!!!!!!!!

Did they use the disco ball for anything else? Did Alessandro drop a pic of the ball on Instagram to tease using it for AATCHB?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpaMd3BgxJ-/
    Disco ball post was absolutely foreshadowing. Robin did the same https://www.instagram.com/p/BpalhCJAccu/

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    As far as things that are currently in the setlist rotation I'd like to see tonight - I'm really hoping for Now I'm Nothing/Terrible Lie opening tonight, Sanctified, Eraser, honestly anything from The Fragile that hasn't been played the last two nights, Came Back Haunted, The Background World, Me, I'm Not, The Good Soldier. I Can't Give Everything Away maybe?? Just so I can have the pleasure of hearing it in person before it potentially does disappear. As for things that haven't been played at all - The list is too long, but the possibility for a couple of them is definitely there.

Taking the dog out to a park close by, gonna grab food, clean up and make my way there. Not too much earlier than yesterday, but enough to get a couple hours ahead of traffic and get a smidge closer for the final night. CAN'T WAIT!!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Putting this here instead of Random NIN Thoughts in case anyone is still avoiding setlist spoilers...

Recently I was thinking about throwing together a Cold And Black And Infinite model setlist for the dream setlist thread, so I looked back on my last entry in that thread - from before the release of Bad Witch - and it kind of blew my mind seeing how possible most of it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    Now I’m Nothing ("wave goodbye" outro cuts to album intro of...)
    Branches/Bones
    Dear World,
    Last
    Sin
    All the Love in the World
    She’s Gone Away
    The Becoming
    You Know What You Are? (with album outro)
    Eraser
    The Day the World Went Away
    The Mark Has Been Made
    The Idea of You
    Me, I’m Not
    Not Anymore
    Wish
    The New Flesh
    The Lovers
    In Two
    Underneath It All
    Demon Seed
    The Background World

(encore)
    Help Me I Am In Hell
    Happiness in Slavery

10 Miles High
    And All That Could Have Been
    Burning Bright (Field on Fire)
    The bolded tracks are ones I was able to see at the New York dates. The underlined tracks are ones that I didn't see but have joined other setlists.

I mean there are clearly tracks from this that still haven't popped up and probably won't but when I think about the fact that yes, I got to see a show open with Now I'm Nothing...yes, I got to see All the Love in the World...yes, I not only got to see Help Me I Am In Hell and Happiness in Slavery, I got to see them open an encore just like I had wished for...it puts in perspective how special this tour is and how lucky us fans are.

Between the honestly incredible releases that have comprised Trent and Atticus's trilogy and this absolutely jaw-dropping tour, this period has a strong argument for being the ultimate era of Nine Inch Nails.
    Last edited by Deacon Blackfire; 10-27-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Congratulations to everyone fortunate enough to be there last night. Seeing AATCHB live was the one last thing on my NIN bucket list. At least I now have some level of hope that it might happen eventually ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    And here we all thought that the ultimate era of NIN was 2005-2009... Lmao

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Holy shit.