Page 395 of 483 FirstFirst ... 295 345 385 393 394 395 396 397 405 445 ... LastLast
Results 11,821 to 11,850 of 14485

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Oh, that’s fucking disgusting. Hopefully an arrest is imminent.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Yeah, fuck that dude. Hopefully he's getting taken in very soon.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Back on topic after that disgusting deviation, who is ready for TakeOver: WarGames II tonight?

Undisputed Era better win that shit.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Spoiler: I assume Baszler, Duke and Shafir will face off 3 v 3 soon with Dakota Kai, Sane and Shirai. Lame ending but I'm not mad.

Time for Black and Gargano. Aleister Black better win. I just spent $50.00+ on his Blackcraft Cult Blxck Mass clothing line shirts. Don't make me regret the decision.

Spoiler: Guess I keep my shirts. Amazing match. "I absolve you of all your sins."
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-17-2018 at 07:00 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm calling a screwy finish with Alister/Gargano. No reason to blow off so quickly. A loss won't hurt him.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Hollywood Dream Hogan.

Looks infinitely better on Velveteen that Hulkster any day JACK.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Last year's Wargames match was better. Also not a huge fan of the outcome or Cole taking the pinfall for this either. Two major back to back TakeOver losses for him suck.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Yessssssss.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Dampening this on people's Becky love parade. Dark shit coming down.

Lots of proof, he's done.
    Gross. Was he still employed by wwe?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Vince is a fucking troll, Jesus Christ. I'm not even mad

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Vince is a fucking troll, Jesus Christ. I'm not even mad
    Might as well capitalize I guess. Especially knowing the reaction she would get.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Not a surprise, but I feel like Rollins brought out Shinskue's best match on the main roster.

Also - Rollins needs to just abandon the superplex/falcon arrow combo. He NEVER gets anything but a two count out of it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Gross. Was he still employed by wwe?
    Not when this occurred.

Speaking of idiots, Enzo Amore was at Survivor Series tonight and got kicked out.

Liv for the slam dunk.

Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-18-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The only angle you need.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    What a fucking SCHMUCK!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    He's an idiot.

Thought Charlotte/Rousey was good until the crowd made it about themselves. Good show so far. Crowd pissed me off though. Not smart fans, just toxic.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    He's an idiot.

Thought Charlotte/Rousey was good until the crowd made it about themselves. Good show so far. Crowd pissed me off though. Not smart fans, just toxic.
    I relished it.

I think most of that reaction was them casting their undying Lynch love to Charlotte playing the role Becky would have in the exchange.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Might as well capitalize I guess. Especially knowing the reaction she would get.
    I am loving some of the salty redditors, who are completely outraged by Nia's heat and her victory. Man, I would've opposed this decision beforehand, but in hindsight, it was genius.

WHY IS SHE REWARDED FOR WHAT SHE DID???

I GUESS VINCE LIKES FAT GIRLS!!!!

GUESS THAT'S WHAT BEING RELATED TO THE ROCK DOES TO YOU!!!

If I could live off by tears, I'd be set for a few years after last night haha. Also, can't wait for Becky to come back and smash Nia. Not sure where that would happen though, as I don't see Becky entering the Rumble, thus losing her belt beforehand. Can brands interfere with one-another outside of invasion angles? Ie. Becky randomly returning on Raw with music and shit just to smack Nia.

edit: oh, also: "yeah yeah, stop saying how RAW won the previous 2 SS; you couldn't make it any more obvious that Smackdown has this now...." hahaha. I wish I could be a fly on the wall backstage, when WWE creative are laughing their asses off.
    Last edited by Volband; 11-19-2018 at 12:52 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Nia had to look strong for her match with Ronda. After that, I'm curious what happens with her. She's hated. So I can totally see them run with it after TLC as well. Probably tag titles whenever that happens

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Finished watching the Ronda and Brock matches.

The girls were awesome. Not sure if that elbow from Charlotte was intentional, but Ronda's literal and figurative baby face looked 100 times better with blood pouring all over from her mouth. I hope this angle goes to some DBZ levels, so eventually Ronda will take her revenge on Charlotte, which will fire up Becky even more. Not sure if they wanted to garner sympathy from us by sad Ronda at the end, but I guess not, because not only the crowd booed her, I wished for Charlotte to smash her in the back with a chair as well. It actually blends with her real life, shoot persona as well. Whenever something negative happens to her, she's like woe is me, but when it's with others, then she's like lol, suck it up.

Somewhat unrelated, but holy shit, aside from maybe Asuka, Charlotte's breasts are the only ones which can take me out of matches. I can't imagine them being comfortable to wrestle with. In competitive sports it's not uncommon to get reduction surgeries after all.

The Brock match was fun. I'm not a fan of Danial Bryan, but I can eat up the same shit from Brock over and over again like a little child. And he actually put effort into this match, so what more can we ask? I guess that he actually loses, but we have to wait for The Man to transition into the men's division after she's finished with Ronda at Wrestlemania.

edit: oh, didn't know there is a small outrage over the crowd giving shit to Ronda. Yikes. She's a big girl, who reveled in being the evil character in her MMA days, so I'm sure she's more than happy as long as she's getting fired up reactions; good or bad. The main reason I disliked her at the beginning because the crowd and basically everyone treated her like a sweet princess, who still crushes everyone. That made no sense to me, except from a business point, because you obviously have to hype up such a big name. I like that she's got some depth now, and it's unnecessary to turn on the crowd for not kissing her ass. Even Roman said he was very happy with all the boos, and got them for YEARS.
    Last edited by Volband; 11-19-2018 at 03:27 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just hope that the great match between Charlotte and Ronda doesn't kill Becky's momentum. It's not hard to imagine Vince sidelining her and putting Charlotte in the Mania match instead.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Somewhat unrelated, but holy shit, aside from maybe Asuka, Charlotte's breasts are the only ones which can take me out of matches. I can't imagine them being comfortable to wrestle with. In competitive sports it's not uncommon to get reduction surgeries after all.
    Gross sexism is always unrelated.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Interesting Raw sweep last night.

Nia came off as the powerful but cowardly heel. When she got into the ring and mixed it up, she got handled quickly and accordingly, not giving her any time to mix it up with the others, so likely protecting them from her. When the opportunity presented itself, three leg drops and a somoan drop to seal the deal against Asuka. I imagine that she will plod through her match against Ronda before Ronda gives her her comeuppance, then it's off to training camp for her.

Seemed like there were some detractors but I liked the Rollins Nakamura match. Picked up when it needed to and some great chemistry between the two. I'd like to see them end up on the same show for a proper program.

AOP vs. The Bar was about as boring as it seemed it could've. The piss pants had VKM written all over it.

Buddy vs. Mustafa was great and more of that please. 205 Live was represented well.

The men's match just felt incomplete to me. I expected an attempted beatdown of Braun since he was also left with Drew and Lashley. Goofy.

Ronda vs. Charlotte was great and is definitely planting seeds for the eventual 4HW rivalry. Regarding the crowd boos of Ronda afterwards, let's remember that she's been talking shit online about Becky being a millennial and being a wuss, so Charlotte heeling out on her and beating her half to death could almost be seen as her comeuppance. It's also the next clear path for Charlotte to go on post-Becky.

Bryan vs. Brock was also great. This DB is creepy and I kind of like it.

I kind of think Survivor Series was better than War Games. Fight me.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Gross sexism is always unrelated.
    It's not sexism. It's called factual observation. She does have huge breasts, and that tennis player Simona Halep did indeed went through with breast reduction surgery, but it's not unheard of in other athletic sports either. If you want to act like making a factual remark of one's body part is immediately sexist, then be my guest, but don't try to force your own personal safe place onto others. Need I remind you that the very same show I made this remark about had Brock Lesnar being kicked in the balls? Need I remind you that Shinsuke Nakamura has been kicking people in the balls left and right? Need I remind you that Charlotte had her breast implants broke in her match versus Asuka?

And yeah, I did my research since, and read that Charlotte actually had multiple breast implantations already, which answers my question of whether she feels comfortable with them in the ring or not. I do not mind either way, but it did beg the question when we talk about such a ruthless and athletic worker like Charlotte.

As for them being in the WM main event. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhh.... I hope not. Test the waters first with a Becky return, assess the reactions, then decide afterwards. It was a great match, but I don't see how they could top it so much that it would be interesting again to see at WM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    TL;DR
    You were talking about how Charlotte's breasts take you out of the match. That's sexist. Your male gaze isn't required to enjoy a wrestling match. Do better.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    No fight; I agree totally.

I fear that NXT may be near it's peak - too much talent and not enough time - and may be heading to a similar fate as Raw.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    You were talking about how Charlotte's breasts take you out of the match. That's sexist. Your male gaze isn't required to enjoy a wrestling match. Do better.
    Maybe I phrased it the wrong way. Charlotte's are the only ones in size which make me actually notice them, the same way I'd treat every man bulge as normal, unless I'd seen one which is way more prevalent than the average. That's what made me think about possible in-ring drawbacks.

But even if I gaze wrestlers, I don't see the issue. John Cena is built like the leanest tank on the world, and some of the women are extremely pretty. There is no harm noticing or complimenting these traits; after all, they work just as hard for their look as they do for their in-ring work.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Maybe I phrased it the wrong way. Charlotte's are the only ones in size which make me actually notice them, the same way I'd treat every man bulge as normal, unless I'd seen one which is way more prevalent than the average. That's what made me think about possible in-ring drawbacks.

But even if I gaze wrestlers, I don't see the issue. John Cena is built like the leanest tank on the world, and some of the women are extremely pretty. There is no harm noticing or complimenting these traits; after all, they work just as hard for their look as they do for their in-ring work.
    The issue is that you said Charlotte's breasts take you out of any match that she's in and that you think they could be a hazard in the ring, thus tying her looks into the match. They have nothing to do with it. It's still sexist.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    The issue is that you said Charlotte's breasts take you out of any match that she's in and that you think they could be a hazard in the ring, thus tying her looks into the match. They have nothing to do with it. It's still sexist.
    They were a hazard as they did rupture, which made her sidelined: http://stillrealtous.com/when-charlo...n-her-surgery/ It baffles me how you try to frame me as being sexist for implying that big breasts can have an impact in an athletic sports, when it already fucking happened. What is your point exactly?

As for "taking out of a match", I admitted in my previous reply that my phrasing was most likely bad, as I did not intend to say I can't concentrate on anything else. It catches the eye, it stands out, etc. And for a good reason, as she had implants for that very reason. Again, you are working yourself into a corner if you somehow want to prove that enhancing anything on your body (whether its your breasts, or going on a steroid frenzy like Jinder) can not be observed without it being sexist.

Man, white-knighting has come a long way, when you have to defend a woman with breast implants from being recognized as a big-breasted individual. Chill out a bit. Did you phone in to WWE last night to tell them that Alexa Bliss is a very talented individual, who doesn't need to be shoved to ringside with extreme and sexist cleavage just to be an eye candy for the viewers?

edit: thus @ltrandazzo left with a brave facepalm, after realizing neither his biology studies (breasts can strain; implants can rupture or explode), nor his knowledge of recent (it was around this year's WM) WWE injuries were factual. At least use Google before you trigger yourself into oblivion and make yourself disproven by the very person's own interview you try to white-knight.
    Last edited by Volband; 11-19-2018 at 11:32 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    They were a hazard as they did rupture, which made her sidelined: http://stillrealtous.com/when-charlo...n-her-surgery/ It baffles me how you try to frame me as being sexist for implying that big breasts can have an impact in an athletic sports, when it already fucking happened. What is your point exactly?
    Charlotte was out from June 17 to July 31st. She didn't have a program and before she went out, she worked through it. It's no different from AJ Styles wrestling with a torn hamstring. Is AJ as much a liability for injury because he has legs?

As for "taking out of a match", I admitted in my previous reply that my phrasing was most likely bad, as I did not intend to say I can't concentrate on anything else. It catches the eye, it stands out, etc. And for a good reason, as she had implants for that very reason. Again, you are working yourself into a corner if you somehow want to prove that enhancing anything on your body (whether its your breasts, or going on a steroid frenzy like Jinder) can not be observed without it being sexist.
    It would be sexist of me to suggest that Charlotte isn't free to do whatever she wants with her body. It's her body. It is sexist to suggest that getting breast implants or having larger breasts makes her a hazard for injury or your distraction and that she should reduce them for that reason. Comparing breasts to a male wrestler's pants bulge is not equal.

Man, white-knighting has come a long way, when you have to defend a woman with breast implants from being recognized as a big-breasted individual. Chill out a bit. Did you phone in to WWE last night to tell them that Alexa Bliss is a very talented individual, who doesn't need to be shoved to ringside with extreme and sexist cleavage just to be an eye candy for the viewers?
    Didn't need to because Alexa Bliss can wear whatever the hell she wants to and doesn't need mine or anyone else's approval to do so. You can admire what any of the wrestlers wear or how they look in the same way that I admire Finn Balor's extraordinary 8-pack and bulge, but when you try to cast aspersions on the wrestlers and how their looks impact their jobs, then it becomes sexist and rude. Dave Meltzer learned that the hard way with Peyton Royce a few months ago. No white knighting needed when the writing's on the wall.