Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Introduction Thread

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Orange View Post
    Hello. I'm Dr. Orange. I've been needing to try out some different forums and someone by Kris got me to lurk here ... but I don't lurk.
    So, yeah. I like meeting new people. I like music. And I hope to meet all of you.
    Well, heck if your a friend of @Kris you're welcome to post all you want. You couldn't possibly post more then him!

I keed I keed we love @Kris and we don't take ourselves too seriously.

Welcome @avesjohn . I'd love for you to explain what being an active birder is. Thanks!
    Last edited by Dra508; 03-26-2015 at 08:47 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post

Welcome @avesjohn . I'd love for you to explain what being an active birder is. Thanks!
    It means I love going outside watching birds - that is, chasing rare ones when they show up (which happens a lot) and taking trips out-of-state (and eventually, once I get a passport, out-of-country) with the intent of seeing new species to add to my life list, which currently numbers 485 species. For reference, that's 485 out of about 700 in the U.S. and Canada, and about 10,000 worldwide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow! It has been a while. Melancholygrl here. I used to hang around the spiral quite a bit back in 2006. I have missed everyone and I am grateful to be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oops! Double post...
    Last edited by Melancholygrl78; 04-01-2015 at 12:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. I'm ZRFTS; I'm a major NIN fan, I think Year Zero is my favorite album mainly because it has the electronical nature, a relatable message and it's brash sound. I think we all need a motivation to rebel against society and Year Zero is it; also I love the background story he planted behind this, eccentrically detailed and oddly relatable to today's times.

Anyways, hope to enjoy discussing NIN with my fellow NIN peeps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. I used to (occasionally) post here a long time ago under the name Relm. I've been a NIN fan since I was about 13 (around the time "The Perfect Drug" came out) and I've seen them live twice (in 2000 and 2005). My favorite album was "The Fragile" for a long time, but I'm more partial to "Broken" and "The Downward Spiral" these days.

I'm also a big fan of Ministry (Paul Barker era), the White Stripes/Jack White, Nirvana, the Black Keys (mostly the earlier stuff, but "Turn Blue" is okay), Tool, and the Ramones.

I play guitar and bass. I like to write. I love Mystery Science Theater 3000. My favorite color is purple. I've been known to have full conversations with my mother's cats.

Nice to meet you.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    formerly boots on this forum (i was an 07er) modded and sowed my wild forum oats on the nin forum, now im just finding my way back into this world. so much has changed, yet still is the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, I'm Lisa and I love NIN to death. Crush on Trent, too. I hate the cliche "band has saved my life" phrase but, there you have it. I draw often, and you can find me at http://surviveboth.deviantart.com/

Have been waiting to join the other NIN forum, but I see that registering is seemingly never going to return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey all,

I'm Kenny. I was a lurker (Fool's_Devotion) in the old ETS and fell out of the NIN obsession for a while between LITS and HM, but found myself needing that fix again and thought that this time, I'd try out a more participatory involvement.
    Pretty much as well-versed with NIN as the general crowd here.
    Live in Colorado.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm Nik. I'm a relatively new fan of NIN. I've always known about songs such as "Closer", but didn't otherwise pay them much attention until hearing "Somewhat Damaged" on The Walking Dead. Afterwards, I began to delve into the discography (still working my way through it), and have come to favor their sound above other artists (I really love the expressions of anger, the melancholic ambience, the glitches and riffs, and the overall abstract, electronic feel).

So yeah. That's my narrative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi! I always miss such kindly things like introduction threads. Sry!
    So, I was on ETS for a short time before some years and did not found here since then. I live in Germany and am connected to Nine Inch Nails since 1995, when I was 17 years. NIN to me is a hate/love thingy, I dare to say. Nevertheless, it definitely powers me and my life. Saw Nine Inch Nails live 5 timez and got a NIN tattoo.
    My hobbies are yoga, painting, drawing, sports, music. I hate facebook and commercial bullshit.
    I often have a language barrier and can't connect to [real] people that good. But am not narcissistic, I love other people, can't only become clear on! I hate stuff like superficiality, ecolocical destruction, waste, rich fuckers, poverty and war.
    I love life, believe in God and sometimes I despair of too much information on how the world seems to work...
    well, so far, c ya!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hi ETS! New here but I promise to clean up after myself

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Hi, I joined back in 2011 but left after some weeks (and I don't know why) but now I am back
    I am 27, from Germany, a male nurse and in love with my wife, my dog and NIN (4 tattoos on my body) since 2005 (yeah, I'm late to the party).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hello all. I am new to ETS but am a long time NIN fan. Mom told me it's highly likely I was conceived to TDS so I have literally been listening to NIN my entire life. I saw NIN live the first time at Bonnaroo in '09. Tremendous show!

My parents were both members of the older version of ETS. I remember watching sometimes as they would post on here, Mom especially. Sometimes things would pop up that would make her tell me to leave the room. lol. I'm old enough to see for myself now.

I'm 19, and am about to finish up my freshman year of college. I plan to work for Dad's consulting firm this summer, doing mostly grunt work, I'm sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've seen this site a few times before, and decided to join a few days ago.

I've been a NIN fan since 2011, ever since I found Fixed in the stacks of CDs in my house, and I've been into them ever since.

Anyway, I'm bad with intros and talking about myself, so I'll end my attempt at an introduction here. Nice to meet you all.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
    Nice to meet you all.
    Welcome here !

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
    I've seen this site a few times before, and decided to join a few days ago.

I've been a NIN fan since 2011, ever since I found Fixed in the stacks of CDs in my house, and I've been into them ever since.

Anyway, I'm bad with intros and talking about myself, so I'll end my attempt at an introduction here. Nice to meet you all.
    Word. Fixed is where it's at, and that's an interesting introduction to NIN.
    good to meet you. oh and lovely username, btw.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    My parents were both members of the older version of ETS....
    I'm 19, and am about to finish up my freshman year of college.
    Sorry for double post but...

Ohhhhhh Jesus, @blake , this makes me feel old

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. Never been very active here...checked it out once or twice. Thought I'd give it a bit more of a go.

NIN is one of my favorites. Trent is a hero of mine.

Hoping to find some awesome people here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey everyone, I'm back from a lengthy hiatus and then forgetting my password to an account (sentient02970) tied to an email I no longer use. I gave up (I tried). So here's the new account! As for me, not much has changed...as far as I know.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hello everybody. At the time i am more a lurker than a poster while also being a NiN listener for about 4 years now. With that i mean: I have known about NiN for a long time trough the game Quake but never truly listened to more than the popular songs until 4 years ago. By now i have read up, learned about them and the music, and discovered websites like this one.

These are a few remixes and edits i made with the NiN remix material :

Me im not: An easy going edit of Me I'm Not
    http://remix.nin.com/play/mix?id=29895

God given violence: A mash up of God Given and My Violent Heart (even some guitar tracks are playing together).
    http://remix.nin.com/play/mix?id=29897

Head down into depression town : A realy depressing sounding edit of Head down.
    http://remix.nin.com/play/mix?id=29152

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    Hello everybody. At the time i am more a lurker than a poster while also being a NiN listener for about 4 years now. With that i mean: I have known about NiN for a long time trough the game Quake but never truly listened to more than the popular songs until 4 years ago. By now i have read up, learned about them and the music, and discovered websites like this one.

These are a few remixes and edits i made with the NiN remix material :

Me im not: An easy going edit of Me I'm Not
    http://remix.nin.com/play/mix?id=29895

God given violence: A mash up of God Given and My Violent Heart (even some guitar tracks are playing together).
    http://remix.nin.com/play/mix?id=29897

Head down into depression town : A realy depressing sounding edit of Head down.
    http://remix.nin.com/play/mix?id=29152
    welcome, and I kinda dig god given violence (have yet to listen to the others)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello. I've been a fan of NIN since 2013, and I was introduced to it either by a former friend or by digging into Youtube. The first NIN album I listened to was The Downward Spiral. Currently my favourite album is The Fragile.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    welcome, and I kinda dig god given violence (have yet to listen to the others)
    Thank you for digging God Given Violence... Too bad there was a troll downvoting every single song (from any poster) that got uploaded a few months ago because now i had too give points to my remixes / edits.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Hi. *waves*

I died in the Year Zero aftermath.

I'm feeling much better now.

Generally I enjoy watching movies in HD, reading hardcover books and encoding vinyl for digital playback.

I'm disabled and i smoke a lot of cannabis to help manage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh fuck, I'm back.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninEater View Post
    Oh fuck, I'm back.
    Oh holy crap, where the HELL ya been?!?!?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    in and out of sanity. but i came back to post a review of NTAE, and realized i miss ya assholes <3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What's good, folks?

College student studying digital arts and cinema. Been a NIN fan since middle school. Spent high school tracking down every halo that was released on CD plus odds and ends like Into the Void, etc. Looks like those days may be over if Trent continues to release music independently. Guess it's time to embrace the digital era.

Been lurking on here a while and decided it was time to officially join my fellow Nine Inch Nerds. Loving NTAE!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I'm not really DRUNK but whiskey diets are dope as fuck.

EDIT: I'm sorry @Leviathant I thought this was the drunk tank for some reason. I guess I WAS a little more than tipsy last night.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 12-29-2016 at 10:51 AM.