Last night was a whirlwind of emotions for me. My boyfriend and I trekked from small-town eastern Kentucky to wait hours in line with everyone else to buy tickets in May. What we didn't know at that time was that this show would literally become our honeymoon. With rings on fingers, tickets in hands, and "Just Married" signs in pockets, we celebrated our first full day as husband & wife with our favorite band unknowingly serenading us.

Tobacco's heavy synth vibrated my very core and I LOVED it! My immediate thought was, "This is like something from Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!". Until the next day, I was oblivious to the fact that 1) This is the brainchild of Black Moth Super Rainbow, and 2) Eric Wareheim directed some of the visuals that were assaulting my eyes. Speaking of 'eyes', "Hungry Eyes" brought me so much joy and discomfort at the same time. Overall, I felt like I'd been sucked into some late night Adult Swim vortex. It was so much fun and I want to do it again.

I don't really have much to say about JaMC. They weren't bad. I recognized "Just Like Honey" from 'Lost in Translation', which is one of my favorite movies. I felt like their performance was completely overshadowed by my anticipation for NIN, which is no fault of their own.

I may be slightly biased, but I have nothing but good to say about NIN. I'm such a fan of the varied 'anything goes' format and stripped down production. It's much more fun trying to guess than to know what to expect from the setlist. I would have loved more Hesitation Marks tracks, but that's OK. I saw Tension twice, so I got mine! Like so many others have said, "The Perfect Drug" was the "holy shit" moment. Ilan's drumming was impeccable and he somehow managed to prevent his arms from flying off of his body. The trifecta of Bad Witch tracks was a lot of fun. "God Break Down the Door" is an interesting composition and works well in a live setting. I'm so ridiculously happy that Robin's vocal duties are increasing. I knew what to expect with "Shit Mirror", but "Dear, World" was an amazing surprise to me.

Trent still sounds amazing.
'sandro is killing it on bass.
Missed opportunity to end with "The Background World" and to walk away during the 52x loop.
Saxomaphone!

Newlyweds!