Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bauhaus & Descendants

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    As do I

Kevin Haskins has penned a coffee table book called Bauhaus Undead. Excerpt with an Iggy Pop anecdote.

It ain't cheap

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I caught Poptone two nights back here in Montreal. Mostly Tones On Tail material of course, a handful of Love & Rockets songs, one Daniel Ash solo track, a Physical cover (closer to Adam Ant than NIN) and Bauhaus' Slice Of Life which the crowd went absolutely insane for. Diva's great on bass and it was a really fun show. Go if they come near you!

So now you've got Peter Murphy and David J doing a residency together, and Daniel Ash and Kevin Haskins touring.

Guys just have another foursome already and keep Peter and Daniel on different buses or something.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 10-03-2017 at 11:41 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I caught Poptone two nights back here in Montreal. Mostly Tones On Tail material of course, a handful of Love & Rockets songs, one Daniel Ash solo track, a Physical cover (closer to Adam Ant than NIN) and Bauhaus' Slice Of Life which the crowd went absolutely insane for. Diva's great on bass and it was a really fun show. Go if they come near you!

So now you've got Peter Murphy and David J doing a residency together, and Daniel ash and Kevin Haskins touring.

Guys just have another foursome already and keep Peter and Daniel on different buses or something.
    what's the beef between peter & daniel?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    One of the incidents that caused the fracturing of Bauhaus last time was largely those two going after each other. IIRC there was an argument, Daniel tried to smooth it over only to be met with Peter literally spitting rose petals into his face in an "I hate you but I love you gesture" which was the last straw.

And so...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From Peter Murphy's Facebook page:

PETER MURPHY soon will announce worldwide dates for the 40th Year Ruby Bauhaus Anniversary Tours 2018/19 with featured guest David J, John Andrews (guitar) and Marc Slutsky (drums). And a special non-star Star guest not to be announced but nevertheless coming on....
    Be there.Dates to be announced imminently. Watch this space.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    From Peter Murphy's Facebook page:

PETER MURPHY soon will announce worldwide dates for the 40th Year Ruby Bauhaus Anniversary Tours 2018/19 with featured guest David J, John Andrews (guitar) and Marc Slutsky (drums). And a special non-star Star guest not to be announced but nevertheless coming on....
    Be there.Dates to be announced imminently. Watch this space.
    Assuming of course he gets his passport/visa shit all figured out. He's been trying to do a residency in the US for the last two years at least and his visa is basically in administrative limbo.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    enjoyed speaking to kevin/daniel a few weeks back, thought you guys might enjoy the interview:
    http://www.post-punk.com/now-we-lust...kevin-haskins/

looking forward to seeing poptone next week in NYC! had to miss the first show, but since tones is by FAR my favorite thing these guys have done, i'm excited to hear the material live.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Out next month, a 5 track EP "The Bela Session"...Finally a remastered version of 'Bela Lugosi's Dead" plus 3 unreleased songs (the OG version of "Boys" which is different than the version released on the Lugosi single back in the day).....Initially it said only available on vinyl. Amazon now lists the CD for sale as well

https://www.loudersound.com/news/bau...ela-session-ep

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This is not a good look at all. Can you imagine seeing one of your fave musicians and they throw bottles at you? I already bought my ticket for the Portland, OR date in January, but feeling conflicted.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Hopefully he doesn’t go downhill again after the troubles he had before. Saw him in Manchester the other week and it was a really good show and he’s still in fine voice! Then the day after Daniel Ash posted ‘cant wait for 2019’ with #bauhaus on Facebook alongside a live Gotham video from 1999 which was promptly deleted. Now I never thought they’d reconcile after the last split but this was quite a tease!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Saw Peter Murphy last night in Anaheim and holy hell does it still have it! The dude can belt out lyrics like he's still in his 20's, it was amazing! If you have a chance to catch this tour I highly recommend it! Even the opener, Desert Mountain Tribe, was awesome!

And I was celebrating my friend's 40th birthday last night. It was awesome to see his favorite band on his birthday!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @NotoriousTIMP glad he didn't throw any bottles at you

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    @NotoriousTIMP glad he didn't throw any bottles at you
    He was so on point last night. Seriously, if you're a fan you need to head out to these shows!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    He was so on point last night. Seriously, if you're a fan you need to head out to these shows!
    Did you happen to tape it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    So glad to hear! I’m going tonight and your post made me more excited

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Did you happen to tape it?
    I did not. Looking back I wish I had...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Been listening to 2018 remastered "Pressed Eject And Give Me The Tape" lately and quite liking it. Good sense of atmosphere considering its pieced together from three different concerts.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Damn, Peter had a heart attack yesterday.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I was just coming here to post about that. This residency he's been trying to do seems to be just doomed to failure. First he couldn't get the Visa he needed for months and months on end, now, he's having emergency health issues. I just don't feel like it was meant to happen. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Peter is doing well and is up and running again thankfully! He put a nice note out thanking friends and fans and interestingly his Bauhaus bandmates - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49471393

Glad to hear he's okay once again.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Well shit, looks like the post Daniel Ash made a few months ago did mean something, hopefully it’s more than a one off however I’m doubtful. If anything they should perhaps tour one more time and put it to bed properly and amicably.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Murphy re-scheduled his solo dates too.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    3rd date has been added! Tix on sale this Saturday...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Two nights ago in LA!

cant wait to go back on December 1st!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Peter Murphy announces solo album vinyl reissues, box set & rarities comp. Been hoping to get my hands on a reissue of Deep.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Man that vinyl box sold out quick! But all the individual releases are available on Amazon right now. Excited for this!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Whipped this Spotify playlist up the other night - off the top of my head, threw together a bunch of tracks from Tones On Tail, Love & Rockets and from throughout David, Peter and Daniel's solo careers that always gave me Bauhaus-esque vibes.

This Is For When You Want More Bauhaus