Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: BioShock

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Double post >.<

This is interesting

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    That is pretty interesting. I'm 99% it was unintentional, unless they've been planning "overlapping worlds" throughout the entire Bioshock series' development, but I think I'm just gonna let that one exist in my own personal interpretation of the Bioshock universe. :P I think the best part about Infinite is all the buzz surrounding it post-release. It seems like more and more connections (real or imaginary) are popping up every week.

Anyway, I came here because I figure it's probably the best place to ask. Anyone interested in buying up an extra copy of the Bioshock 2 Deco Devolution artbook from the Collector's Edition? It's just taking up space, so I might as well make a little something off of it and give it to someone who'll appreciate it as much as I appreciate my copy.

Edit - Jeff Bridges would make for a PERFECT Comstock if Infinite were a movie. Just a thought.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 06-05-2013 at 01:02 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm up to the Siren battle in 1999 Mode and am not convinced I can proceed any further. I've got Charge fully upgraded as per the popular strategy but I don't have the Burning Halo gear. The guide I was reading recommended using the Electric Punch gear you get from the Season Pass for the whole game, but it isn't cutting it for this particular battle. I'm kind of annoyed because I assumed the Electric Punch + Charge would do the trick for the Siren when I started the playthrough. I gave up after a few unsuccesful attempts and reloaded my first playthrough on Normal to grab the rest of the Voxophones I was missing so the 3/4 playthrough wasn't a complete waste.

Anyone know if I can get myself out of this corner? I haven't upgraded (weapons or Vigors) anything except Charge and Return to Sender (for the final battle). I don't have any money either.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Might have to go back one checkpoint and gather money and weapons.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    I'm up to the Siren battle in 1999 Mode and am not convinced I can proceed any further. I've got Charge fully upgraded as per the popular strategy but I don't have the Burning Halo gear. The guide I was reading recommended using the Electric Punch gear you get from the Season Pass for the whole game, but it isn't cutting it for this particular battle. I'm kind of annoyed because I assumed the Electric Punch + Charge would do the trick for the Siren when I started the playthrough. I gave up after a few unsuccesful attempts and reloaded my first playthrough on Normal to grab the rest of the Voxophones I was missing so the 3/4 playthrough wasn't a complete waste.

Anyone know if I can get myself out of this corner? I haven't upgraded (weapons or Vigors) anything except Charge and Return to Sender (for the final battle). I don't have any money either.
    I pulled it off in pretty much the exact same circumstances, so you can do it. It's just a pain in the ass. Have you upgraded the shotgun at all (edit: just saw that you havent)? Really though, it's all about pulling off the charge attack perfectly. You can do it

it's all about the charge attack.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-09-2013 at 12:17 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Finally reached Comstock House but boy the game sure does change here. Between trying to follow story and staying alive I basically got overwhelmed and had to put it away last night. Even the part with the moving wheelchair creeped me out so bad I had to just stop shortly after that. Great game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Beat Infinite yesterday, wow. What the hell? I can't believe how much thought and detail went into making this game.

It did feel a little short, but maybe it's because I would lose track of time while playing.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'd say it's about average length (7-8 hours). I breezed right through it the first time. I'll be amazed if this doesn't get goty.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I'd say it's about average length (7-8 hours). I breezed right through it the first time. I'll be amazed if this doesn't get goty.
    7-8 hours!? To me it took 17h to complete the game. I took my time trying to search all the ciphers, kinetoscopes and telescopes though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: BioShock

Quote Originally Posted by Ax Mr. L View Post
    7-8 hours!? To me it took 17h to complete the game. I took my time trying to search all the ciphers, kinetoscopes and telescopes though.
    That was my first playthrough. My second was much longer. I made it a point to make sure I wandered around and soak everything in that I could've missed before. Glad I did.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ax Mr. L View Post
    Yeah, my first run through was around 9 hrs and my second one was around 20hrs trying to find every little thing.

Saw this in my FB feed today and got my hopes up that it was legit story based DLC

http://store.steampowered.com/news/10940/

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

BioShock

First reviews of infinite left me thinking this wasn't for me... But the hints at the story and theories and secrets in this thread suggest perhaps it's worth my time after all. I haven't given bioshock 2 a second glance.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    Finally reached Comstock House but boy the game sure does change here. Between trying to follow story and staying alive I basically got overwhelmed and had to put it away last night. Even the part with the moving wheelchair creeped me out so bad I had to just stop shortly after that. Great game.
    Comstock House ia one of the most brilliantly done levels in recent game history. The Boys of Silence, wheelchair jumpscare, Elizabeth's Voxophones and disturbing story subject matter combone to make a harrowing, atmospheric and creepy experience.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    Comstock House ia one of the most brilliantly done levels in recent game history. The Boys of Silence, wheelchair jumpscare, Elizabeth's Voxophones and disturbing story subject matter combone to make a harrowing, atmospheric and creepy experience.
    I loved that level so much, but I wish they had done more with The Boys of Silence.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    I loved that level so much, but I wish they had done more with The Boys of Silence.
    There's always DLC...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I've just started playing through all the Bioshock games from the beginning, fuck, the combat is insanely difficult. I'm on the first game and no matter what weaponry i've got, the splicers just leap on me and I waste all my meagre ammo on inept aiming then just end up meleeing them to death (or my death most likely) - anyone know any good guides that give combat advice pretty please? I love everything else about the game.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I've just started playing through all the Bioshock games from the beginning, fuck, the combat is insanely difficult. I'm on the first game and no matter what weaponry i've got, the splicers just leap on me and I waste all my meagre ammo on inept aiming then just end up meleeing them to death (or my death most likely) - anyone know any good guides that give combat advice pretty please? I love everything else about the game.
    Upgrade your weapons and use your Plasmids to your advantage? Plasmids are the key to winning on that game. Find out what works where and on what enemy type. It does wonders.

Are you using your research camera? If not, that's another downfall. Taking photos of enemies studies them to deal more damage to them.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Thanks, yes I'm a bit tentative about using the plasmids because of worries about using up Eve which is a bit futile - I have played bioshock 2 up to halfway and used the research camera but because I kept using melée all the time it just improved that to the max (I was killing big daddies by using frozen drill quite easily) but nothing else, I think just need practice, it would be good if the game had a combat training zone but I think the point of the game is to make the combat quite desperate

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Thanks, yes I'm a bit tentative about using the plasmids because of worries about using up Eve which is a bit futile - I have played bioshock 2 up to halfway and used the research camera but because I kept using melée all the time it just improved that to the max (I was killing big daddies by using frozen drill quite easily) but nothing else, I think just need practice, it would be good if the game had a combat training zone but I think the point of the game is to make the combat quite desperate
    Eve Hypos really are overly plentiful on the first game. Don't be afraid to set someone on fire or shock them for a quick stun.

First game's combat is more rigid and 'difficult' than 2's. I had to play them differently.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First DLC expansion will be officially announced before the end of the month apparently, with 'at least 10 new achievements' for ppl that care about that as well lol.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    First DLC expansion will be officially announced before the end of the month apparently, with 'at least 10 new achievements' for ppl that care about that as well lol.
    I wonder what the DLC will entail. Hopefully an alternate timeline/reality episode. It could even be fun to play as the actual Comstock...

August I bet it drops.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    That bullshit scared the FUCK out of me the first time I played through, and again when I came back to it after a while and it slipped from memory. Jesus Christ. That was one good-ass scare.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    That bullshit scared the FUCK out of me the first time I played through, and again when I came back to it after a while and it slipped from memory. Jesus Christ. That was one good-ass scare.
    Same here! It scared me both times. Something about that moment in the level where it just makes the player relaxed and vulnerable. I'd say 2:00 in that video was my exact reaction on the first play through, hahaha.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    To be honest, I don't remember being scared by that part. I don't recall jumping or being taken off guard. If I did, it wasn't memorable enough to recite.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    How is Bioshock 2? I just got 1 for $5 from the Steam sale and love it, and now I see Amazon has 1 & 2 together for $5.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    How is Bioshock 2? I just got 1 for $5 from the Steam sale and love it, and now I see Amazon has 1 & 2 together for $5.
    I wasn't very impressed with 2. It was ok, but nowhere near as good as 1 and infinite.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I still haven't played 2, mostly because I know it wasn't the same dudes that did the first game. Felt like a cash grab to me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First Infinite DLC announcement early tomorrow morning.