Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yet another pile of human garbage that should be shot directly into the sun. And within 24 hours of Pedro publicly supporting his trans sister like the actual decent person he is. It's common knowledge that Disney is well aware of Carano's horseshit but is afraid of the pushback if they tell her to fuck off, but come on.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    She gone.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    *clears throat*

BYE, BITCH

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    lmaoooo

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Trending in United States
    #CancelDisneyPlus
    8,363 Tweets
    stupid is as stupid does.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

can't stop laughing at this (and thinking about Poochie)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

can't stop laughing at this (and thinking about Poochie)
    "Her gun jammed for the 5th time, backfired and killed her."

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    All she had to do was not shitpost on social media and she’d have collected a seven or eight figure bag from that Rangers of the New Republic show Disney announced a few months ago. Nope. Now she’s gonna be on Joe Rogan’s podcast promoting her new movie with Kevin Sorbo and Dean Cain.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Good fucking riddance.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Social media is fucking comical, a year ago groups of (mostly white male) star wars "fans" were making videos about SW being too woke with too many female characters, some singling out Gina's character. Now they are fighting for her and against Disney's choice to remove her...riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    As her dealings have gotten worse over the last few months and finally reached a peak, it's the right decision. While I liked her character alot in season 01, she somehow became quite unbearable for me in season 02 so this isn't a big loss for the show imho.

All what's left are those stupid conversations about freedom of speech. Jesus Christ... but I won't even bother to look through the comment sections, especially with male Star Wars fanatics involved.
    Last edited by dlb; 02-11-2021 at 04:40 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caca View Post
    Good fucking riddance.
    My thoughts exactly.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    All she had to do was not shitpost on social media and she’d have collected a seven or eight figure bag from that Rangers of the New Republic show Disney announced a few months ago. Nope. Now she’s gonna be on Joe Rogan’s podcast promoting her new movie with Kevin Sorbo and Dean Cain.

EXACTLY. This is all her own doing. I'm honestly kind of surprised it took this long. I'm sure someone in her circle (her agent, a co-star, some Disney and/or Lucasfilm brass, etc.) warned her (probably numerous times) not to voice such controversial & offensive statements/opinions back when she first started trending in the fall. But she couldn't help herself and now she's paying the piper. Of course Disney isn't going to want to be associated with anything remotely anti-Semitic, this shouldn't surprise anyone who's been paying attention. At least it didn't happen in the middle of a season. I think with the time-jump between season 2 & 3, this won't affect the show much.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I really do laugh at all the Cancel Culture people on social media, no this is NOT Cancel Culture or an affront to free speech! Several years ago at my current company we were all giving one on ones with our HR about soical media, the long and the short was feel free to use it, but do keep in mind if you start saying stuff that could harm others or the companies image YOU WILL BE IN TROUBLE. That's what this is, i'm confident someone at Disney or her agent told her to tone it down, but she didn't so Disney moved to protect their image. You can't go around posting that stuff and think your job will be fine.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I really do laugh at all the Cancel Culture people on social media, no this is NOT Cancel Culture or an affront to free speech! Several years ago at my current company we were all giving one on ones with our HR about soical media, the long and the short was feel free to use it, but do keep in mind if you start saying stuff that could harm others or the companies image YOU WILL BE IN TROUBLE. That's what this is, i'm confident someone at Disney or her agent told her to tone it down, but she didn't so Disney moved to protect their image. You can't go around posting that stuff and think your job will be fine.
    Right. It shouldn't surprise anyone that a massive family-friendly corporation wouldn't want themselves or one of their most successful IPs to be associated with a controversy like this, especially one that involves antisemitism since the company's namesake was rumored to be an anti-Semite. If you are a well-known public figure/actor involved in Star Wars, Marvel, or any other huge franchise, there is a spotlight on you and anything you say or do reflects on the Company that owns and produces it (in this case, Disney & Lucasfilm).

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Let's not forget companies like Disney don't do firings like that for moral reasons. It's purely money motivated. Those companies don't care about anyone of us at all.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Just re-cast her character. It's not like she was Meryl Streep up there. There's a million women who can attack that role, and probably do it better. Game of Thrones did this regularly & it was fine.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Just re-cast her character. It's not like she was Meryl Streep up there. There's a million women who can attack that role, and probably do it better. Game of Thrones did this regularly & it was fine.
    i saw someone suggest lucy lawless and just...fuck yes.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I personally don't feel her character was important enough to the show that she needs to be recast. They have plenty of other more interesting characters they can focus on now.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I love you the maga fuck hats now have to pretend like they super cared about this boring C-Character

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    worse than that, they have to care about a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Let's not forget companies like Disney don't do firings like that for moral reasons. It's purely money motivated. Those companies don't care about anyone of us at all.
    also: memories of a goldfish. I seem to recall them being all-too proud of themselves for getting James Gunn canned for old tweets, FFS.
    Last edited by allegate; 02-12-2021 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Credit where it's due. Intentions don't really matter. The right thing done for the wrong reasons is still right, the wrong things done for the right reasons is still wrong.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Credit where it's due. Intentions don't really matter. The right thing done for the wrong reasons is still right, the wrong things done for the right reasons is still wrong.
    I don't know. Knowing they construct their movies the way they do (like casting an ensemble of Asian, Black, Female actors, story, ...) not because they have a sincere interest in diversity but rather in your (or a certain demografic's) money kinda feels like being cheated on. It's all so fake to me.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I personally don't feel her character was important enough to the show that she needs to be recast. They have plenty of other more interesting characters they can focus on now.
    She isn't...at least to us. But if she fills a need in the narrative that they're trying to tell going forward (they def. like having a small team around Mando at times), there's no need derail that simply bc this bigot piece of shit isn't available anymore. Just find another actress.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i saw someone suggest lucy lawless and just...fuck yes.
    Lucy Lawless is fucking awesome. i recently watched her in a fun Australian private eye type show called My Life is Murder. Delightful little show, hope they make more, it's available in the US on Acorn.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Funnily enough, The Mandolorian really reminded me of Hercules: The Legendary Journeys - that might sound like a criticism, but it isn't intended as such - so Lucy Lawless would be perfect!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    A couple of fan-sites are posting rumors about Gina Carano "in talks" with Disney to return. This can't be true, can it?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Please no! I want my Lego minifigure of Cara Dune to reach unknown prices...