96 Post(s)
    Extremely relevant to my interests.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cuphead is getting an animated series!

https://venturebeat.com/2019/07/09/c...ow-on-netflix/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Just finished ST3 and it really did feel like an end. I enjoyed it more upon finishing it than I did at the start. I did originally think it was derivative of the first two seasons but by the end of this season I was okay with it. Enjoyed it as a whole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    David Fincher is doing his first feature in 5 years for Netflix, with Mank. I don't see TR/AR doing the score for this as it's set in the 40's, and they might be too busy anyway.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    David Fincher is doing his first feature in 5 years for Netflix, with Mank. I don't see TR/AR doing the score for this as it's set in the 40's, and they might be too busy anyway.
    oh man i'd kill to hear a TR&AR score that's all 40s jazz-inspired :: drool ::

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I just finished stranger things. That was fantastic.

I wasn't huge on season 2, but this was really fantastic.

I can't believe theySpoiler: killed hopper though. And yeah, like someone said above, I'm down with pretending the post-credits scene never happened and that this was the end.

Maybe they'll all come back as adults ala IT.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    They're already working on season 4. Trust me, it is coming back. The Duffer brothers have spoke on season 4 already about having an overall plan in place with where they're going with the next season to expand it outside Hawkins. Next season could possibly be the last though. If not season 4, then 5 seems like the definitive end.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    season 2 of Mindhunter is coming back next month. can't wait. great show.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    That Stranger Things finale was EPIC. I feel one more series would be good then to end it on a high, despite this having an air of finality about it. Every season gets better and better for me with this show.

I'm also hoping that Spoiler: it's Hopper in the 'American' cell in the post credits scene, he's one of my favourite characters so I was so sad to see them seemingly kill him off.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    @Jord there's almost no way that that isn't the case. Plus an interview that was done seems to have basically spilled the beans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Rocko's Modern Life Movie, "Static Clean" will be premiering on August 9th

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Stranger Things S3: feelgood binge of the year.

At first the amped up humor did feel strange. Instead of an Amblin movie it's more like watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or maybe an X-files season where every single episode is a Darin Morgan one, and I'm not gonna lie, some of the scenes with Joyce and Hopper did seem kinda tone deaf - with the chief especially feeling like a parody of himself at times - but oh boy, did it pay off big time by the final episode. Harbour deserves all the praise he's been getting lately.

Gotta give my man Steve Harrington a shout-out too. I think freeing him off of Nancy and the love triangle bullshit and making him into one of the proper main characters was probably the best decision the show could've made; he's a textbook example of a breakout character. For once it feels like the producers really did take a good look at the previous season and decided to build on what worked.

Overall it's so rare, and so nice to see an attempt to mix horror and comedy that doesn't shit itself right out of the gate and still manages to hit you at the right places with emotional moments that feel honest and earned. Moreso, just generally having a genre show in 2019 that's not full-on edgy doom and gloom crap with only 8 well-paced episodes is a refreshing change of pace. Stick with it guys, even if you don't feel the first couple of chapters. It's well worth it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    About Stranger Things ending, my thoughts are Spoiler: I do not believe the American is Hopper, but Papa aka Dr. Brenner and how the Russians knew of the gate. But I also believe Hopper is alive... and stuck in the Upside Down.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Even better @neorev ! Why |Spoiler: feed Hopper to the Demogorgon anyway?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Even better @neorev ! Why |Spoiler: feed Hopper to the Demogorgon anyway?
    Spoiler: Season 2 hinted that Papa was still alive. In my mind, how else would the Russians know about the Upside Down and how to open the gate? That's my thinking. The gate was open before Joyce blew it up. I think Hopper went to the Upside Down. With the return of Dr. Owens and we know of Hopper and Owens' "friendship." Perhaps Hopper will somehow reach out from the Upside Down and contact Owens and Owens will want to save Hopper by opening up the gate thus causing more chaos.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I finally finished ST Season 3 last night and enjoyed it. I don't think so-and-so really died.

I really love how they capture the whole essence of the 80's - the clothes, the music, etc. They do such a good job with it.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Ayo, this final season of Orange Is the New Black is fucking GREAT so far. I'm about five episodes in.
    It explores a lot of timely issues.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    can't wait for mindhunter

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Ayo, this final season of Orange Is the New Black is fucking GREAT so far. I'm about five episodes in.
    It explores a lot of timely issues.
    I'm finding it absolutely fantastic so far - just got to episode 9, I've been sat at work all week waiting to go home and watch more.

It'll be sad when it ends at the end of this season, but if they wrap it up good I will not be too sad about it, we've had 7 good seasons.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

S2 hit Netflix today.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    haven't left my apartment since saturday evening (sick/injured) so i've been watching season 1 of mindhunter. it's like david fincher's version of season 3 of twin peaks: a really long film divided into parts/episodes that feels like a culmination of everything in his previous body of work. i am loving it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Burned through Mindhunter on my day off. Pretty solid show. (^Glad i checked in here.)

Also started on the second season of Narcos, as well as a couple of episodes of Narcos: Mexico. Before I had been catching up on Lucifer and just started on WU Assassin which I hope continues to be as solid as it seems.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    I'm finding it absolutely fantastic so far - just got to episode 9, I've been sat at work all week waiting to go home and watch more.

It'll be sad when it ends at the end of this season, but if they wrap it up good I will not be too sad about it, we've had 7 good seasons.
    I felt like the ending was just fucking perfect. You?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I actually thought ST3 was pretty mediocre, personally. A lot of the soldiers were just way too on the nose for me. The evolution of Billy's character from last season just felt way too rushed.

Spoiler: The Neverending Story bit in the finale was cute, but just felt forced and out of place. Also it just lasted way too long to the point that I personally found it a tad annoying.

Also, the writers made Max probably the most unlikable character on the show.

Admittedly, I am a bit of a stickler when it comes to these types of details, but Spoiler: if the Soviet base under the mall is supposed to be top secret, then why the hell is everyone wearing their full military uniforms? One would think they might be a little less conspicuous? Maybe they did explain that in the show, and I missed it because honestly this season didn't hold my attention quite as much as much as previous ones.
    Last edited by Bachy; 08-09-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I actually thought ST3 was pretty mediocre, personally. A lot of the soldiers were just way too on the nose for me. The evolution of Billy's character from last season just felt way too rushed.

Spoiler: The Neverending Story bit in the finale was cute, but just felt forced and out of place. Also it just lasted way too long to the point that I personally found it a tad annoying.

Also, the writers made Max probably the most unlikable character on the show.

Admittedly, I am a bit of a stickler when it comes to these types of details, but Spoiler: if the Soviet base under the mall is supposed to be top secret, then why the hell is everyone wearing their full military uniforms? One would think they might be a little less conspicuous? Maybe they did explain that in the show, and I missed it because honestly this season didn't hold my attention quite as much as much as previous ones.
    Okay, most annoying characters in the show are, in order:

1) EVERY guy in the newsroom
    2) The mayor
    3) Erica (she got better by the end, but holy crap, early-season Erica was just annoying as hell)

Max doesn't even crack the top three for me. What was it you hated so much about her?

Also, this one held my attention way better than season 2. Finished it in two days. Would've been one but I started too late.

And on to different Netflix shows, is anyone else watching Glow? I literally just started two weeks ago, not realizing that a new season was about to come out. What timing.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Okay, most annoying characters in the show are, in order:

1) EVERY guy in the newsroom
    2) The mayor
    3) Erica (she got better by the end, but holy crap, early-season Erica was just annoying as hell)

Max doesn't even crack the top three for me. What was it you hated so much about her?

And on to different Netflix shows, is anyone else watching Glow? I literally just started two weeks ago, not realizing that a new season was about to come out. What timing.
    Those three all suck. I guess I should rephrase it to her being the most unlikeable in terms of the main cast.

Spoiler: The whole manipulation of Mike she orchestrated by getting El to dump him was just unnecessarily cold and mean. It made it hard for me to really want to root for her after that.