Page 20 of 101 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread: Deftones

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Sooo sad about Chi, this sucks big time

I also was wondering: now that Chi is dead what will happen to the "Eros" album...?
    Was wondering the same thing. They kept saying it would be released eventually. I don't think they were expecting this outcome though. I hope it sees the light of day. But if it doesn't, it's completely understandable. It's the last recordings of Chi afterall. But i'm sure there's many people out there that would want to hear it for that very exact reason.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I wondered the same thing but hesitated to say anything for fear of it being too soon. But I do hope they just release it, even if it's somewhat incomplete. The man's final recordings deserve to be heard!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    They should release it and give the proceeds to Chi's family.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Deftones

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    That would be awesome. I have a feeling it's going to becoming this sacred thing that they may just keep to themselves, and their families and friends. Those close to Chi. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Considering now that it's the last recordings of him, I'm sure the demand for it has risen. I have a hard time believing they would want to go back and finish it though. It'd be a great way to honor his memory and tribute. But I can't imagine they'll enjoy doing it. Especially when they were so optimistic about Chi recovering and finishing the album together.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Love the idea and it will honor his memory plus it will give the fans Chi's last "gift"

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Hm yes i do think its a bit too soon... although theres a lot of this talk right now and part of it is that it has been held in myth for so long now. Id give it at least a year but id say theres a light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to Eros.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    R.I.P Chi very sad news hope he has found the peace he deserves after a nearly 5 year fight. You will be missed dude lucky to have seen you live with the boys several times some of the best moments of my concert going experiences. Deftones!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    speaking of horses: I found this funny....

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looks like Eros will see the light of day.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.ph...html#msg807891

somewhere in the above thread, is a new song from Palms, and a trailer for the album.

All you have to do is scroll past numerous and repeated instances of oversized pictures that people thought you should see every fucking time they post.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Seeing these guys tonight! Psyched! Saw them about 2 years ago and it was amazing, so my expectations are super high.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Wondering if we're going to hear about the Live Selections: Around The Fur pretty soon. Been a month and a half since Adrenaline, so I feel like if this series is ending in November, then we should be hearing about the next one real soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Damn, last night's show was pretty insane. My ears are still ringing, probably not a good thing. I don't know the exact setlist but I'd say the highlights were pretty much everything off of Koi No Yokan, feiteceira, riviere, digital bath, elite and cherry waves.<<<was really not expecting to hear that one and it was pretty amazing live.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    and now im gonna throw on Elite. I know they play it sometimes but man i'd be floored if they dropped that at a show i was at.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Got to see them again last week, awesome stuff as usual!

Stef was again the most approachable member. During the Diamond Eyes tour, he gave me a guitar pick.
    Last week, after soundcheck, he came out to talk to us fans who were waiting in line at the venue. He took some time out to sign stuff and take pictures with us as well.
    He signed my KNY sleeve.

I must say, I think Sergio Vega is one of the most entertaining guys I have ever seen live. He really delivers on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    and now im gonna throw on Elite. I know they play it sometimes but man i'd be floored if they dropped that at a show i was at.
    Man, they played Elite last week and halfway during the song, Chino started pulling out his in ear monitors and started screaming random stuff. He then started shouting at the tech guys hah. Wish I caught that on video.
    Last edited by LaneSax; 06-05-2013 at 02:20 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post

I must say, I think Sergio Vega is one of the most entertaining guys I have ever seen live. He really delivers on stage.
    I agree, guy was all over the place on stage. Elite was badass, during Change Chino's guitar was fucking up and he slammed it on the ground with his mic stand.

http://www.theprp.com/2013/06/04/new...n-honolulu-hi/

Being a fan of Black Light Burns I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't know that it was their bassist that joined them for Cherry Waves.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    a much better video for Swerve City!

http://www.nme.com/nme-video/deftone.../2436596369001

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    In what kind of sick, sad world do the Deftones "open" for Avenged Sevenfold?!?!?

http://www.antimusic.com/news/13/Jul...all_Tour.shtml

Guns, Razors, Knives..FUCK ME!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ...tha hell?, i always hated those douchebags... Avenged Sevenfold can't compare to the Deftones in any way

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I thought the same thing... They sold out the venue in Houston in days for the last round of shows. Now they open for Avenged Sevenfold????!? Maybe they lost a bet or something lol

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    More money? Maybe they're trying to help Chi's family out.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    All I care about is when the shit they're putting out the rest of the Live Series releases.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I know bands sometimes take the side road and tour with some bands they might have not played with or to get more exposure.. but AX7?? Really? The sad part is people are probably buying the shit out of these tickets because of AX7 not even knowing Deftones even came out with a new album! You would be surprised how many people have no idea "Koi No Yokan" is even out.

This reminds me when Chevelle opened for fucking Buckcherry and people at the show were saying Chevelle was "Too dark end heavy". Needless to say a month later Chevelle made fun of Buckcherry and their fans lol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Look at the bright side. Deftones will blow minds and luckily,some Avenged Sevenfold fans will start listening to them.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    bands generally jump at these arena tour offers. the $ is bigger, and everything surrounding the tour in general is just easier bc it's bigger. There's a reason Machinehead is content playing 5 songs almost every summer on Mayhem Fest.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I love the two opening bands, and hate the headliner, I'll probably shell out for this, but I do think it's weird. They played a 15,000 venue here earlier this year and it sold out shortly after tickets went on sale, same thing for their Austin show. I probably know more people in San Antonio who are into Ghost and Deftones than A7X. Let's not forget their feud with DEP where they got fucking owned.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Pretty excited for this show. Not too sure on Ghost, but A7X is a band that I've liked since I was in high school. I'm slowly getting more and more into Deftones, so this is perfect for me.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    at Pukkelpop Deftones will be playing right before Fall Out Boy,

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    That's where I will draw the line though.