Page 21 of 123 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    why does it have Still cover? is Rob on vacation? lol

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    for real this is some weird avant-guard shit.......not what i was expecting at all but i love it

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    UGH! Can't get this 'til next week. Is it like Tetsuo?
    Like Tetsuo? No

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Holy fuck, if (when) they tour again, Branches, Bones is going to make for a slaying opener.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Well guys, this was a nice surprise. Was going to stay up for The Fragile Deviations, but I got this instead. Not complaining though, I preferred it this way. Time to go to bed before I wake the whole house up. Let's do this for Deviations 1 tomorrow!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    OK Hmm.... That was interesting... I think I need to sit here in silence for a few minutes now to digest that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh my giddy aunt this wait is killing me. Really want to hear Branches/Bones. Title has had me incredibly curious. Can't complain too much seeing as I was expecting this tomorrow BUT PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    That shit is crazy loud. Will definitely make fairweather fans run for the hills; he definitely wasn't kidding with words like "impenetrable" and "unfriendly"

I can understand now why this was only an EP. I don't think people would have the patience to try and get their head around a full-length album from him like this.

Easily his most unconventional work; even Year Zero didn't throw me like this did the first time through..
    Give me loud Trent, give me unfriendly Trent, give me impenetrable Trent, give me unconventional Trent... that is the Trent I love.

This release reminds me more of Broken/TDS NIN, but still something new and different. It has edge, it has noise, it has groove. Loving Trent's vocals much more here.

And fuck the fairweather fans
    Last edited by neorev; 12-22-2016 at 02:42 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    went to the link in email that confirmed my order but I can't download shit. It says "0 downloads remaining"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
    'The Idea Of You'.... Never thought Trent still had THIS in him.... WOW!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    went to the link in email that confirmed my order but I can't download shit. It says "0 downloads remaining"
    THIS.

I'm gonna have a fucking stroke right now, I swear to god.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is anyone else getting an error extracting the FLAC files on Windows? It keeps telling me "error 0x80070057: the parameter is incorrect". I already used all three downloads and even restarted my PC.

Edit: Got it to extract properly by downloading 7-Zip. Phew!!
    Last edited by TinDefacto; 12-22-2016 at 02:57 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    What on Earth is that intro/outro voice on Dear World, is that just Trent?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I'm not going to beg for a PM, I'm going to wait patiently like a champ. At the end of the day, this is just a hiccup which we will all forget. It'll probably be sorted when the uk store folks get to work and check their emails.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Trent modulated

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Not always a left turn from the NIN sound of the last decade, but it's great when it is. each song feels pretty distinct. I think this is what HM might've sounded like if he wanted it to make mosh pits. it feels like a toe in the water for some new ideas he has.

The sound is still made up of things, instrumentally, that NIN fans are familiar with
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 12-22-2016 at 02:50 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thank the lord I uploaded it directly to dropbox, because that counter went to zero like nobodies business. WTF were they thinking with 3 downloads like that?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ok, time for Round 2.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Trent modulated
    All of this is just so many different shades of amazing

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    It's his voice heavily processed, if you listen to the later lines in the intro you can hear some inflections that are unmistakably Trent.

This EP really is so unexpected stylistically. I love it!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Wow that was really awesome. Kind of different but not. Interesting vocal delivery on most. Very dark. Lots of guitar and nice drum sounds. I love it. Dear world and burning bright are instant classics. Fuck man, new nin.

I understand the small dose but would love a full album in this vein.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Did anyone order the MP3 version? Did it come with a booklet or anything? My FLAC version just came with the FLAC files and then a really weird JPEG that was identical to the cover of Still, but with NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS written where AND ALL THAT COULD HAVE BEEN used to be.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    Did anyone order the MP3 version? Did it come with a booklet or anything? My FLAC version just came with the FLAC files and then a really weird JPEG that was identical to the cover of Still, but with NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS written where AND ALL THAT COULD HAVE BEEN used to be.
    I'

I am really wondering what the fuck is up with the Still cover art that came with the FLACs. I ordered a vinyl and a physical object copy and went with WAV and FLAC so I have no idea about the MP3 cover art sadly but I am so baffled by this whole thing. It feels like The Fragile fucked With Teeth.

EDIT: Woah god I spoke too soon what the hell is Idea of You, this is the NIN I've been craving for years

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I need to go and listen to this on earbuds at a point which is not nearly 4 AM when I'm not dead tired because this is kind of creeping me the fuck out in places.

Don't know if the guy's ever sounded so...sinister. Modulation aside it feels like he's channelling sheer threat. A very loud, angry, percussive work for sure.

Whoever made the Gira/SWANS comparison was right on the money. This is going to turn accessibility-minded folk right the fuck off.

All I can say is: Holy shit, I love it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    So, so, so excited to hear this. I'm at work and I'm saving it for my break. The album is sitting in iTunes. Staring at me. Taunting.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    The instrumentation for "Burning Bright (Field On Fire)" reminds me of Godflesh/Jesu. Fuck yes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My fiance is in the shower and onces she's out I have to go christmas shopping. If this download would like to appear now that would be fantastic. On the plus side I can confirm Burning Bright is amazing. On my 6th or so listen now

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Don't know if the guy's ever sounded so...sinister. Modulation aside it feels like he's channelling sheer threat. A very loud, angry, percussive work for sure.
    best description i've read yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just received an e-mail:

SURPRISE!
    The new Nine Inch Nails record Not The Actual Events is available NOW, along with any other high-resolution downloads that went live in the store last week. Links below!

Burning Bright (Field on Fire) -

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    People were complaining that Atticus took heavy from NIN. He becomes a member and we have actual industrial metal again.