Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1259

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Makes sense. I preordered it but I guess it was already sold out. They didn't have a release date for me. Gotta watch my money atm so I had to cancel it anyway. But they definitely dropped the ball. Hopefully they sort it out quick.
    A friend of mine got some rumored news that Amazon won't be able to fulfill backorders and unfulfilled pre-orders until at least January 13th, 2018. Pathetic.

I bit the bullet and bought a copy on eBay for $56.43. By time I'll get my hands on this from a backorder fill at a store it'll be the proper $64.99 price rather than the first week $47.99 sale price. I still kinda saved....but not really.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Amazon still has it for 47.99. Says it's sold out though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Amazon still has it for 47.99. Says it's sold out though.
    It will for a bit but MSRP is $64.99. It only recently dropped to $47.99.

To stay on topic, I checked every nearby outlet and it's literally sold out everywhere.

• Target (Doesn't even sell it)
    • Walmart (Doesn't even sell it)
    • Barnes and Noble (Out of Stock)
    • Best Buy (Out of Stock/Only In Store Pick-up for online sale)
    • Amazon (Backorder/Out of stock)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    It will for a bit but MSRP is $64.99. It only recently dropped to $47.99.

To stay on topic, I checked every nearby outlet and it's literally sold out everywhere.

• Target (Doesn't even sell it)
    • Walmart (Doesn't even sell it)
    • Barnes and Noble (Out of Stock)
    • Best Buy (Out of Stock/Only In Store Pick-up for online sale)
    • Amazon (Backorder/Out of stock)
    i pre-ordered from walmart, actually! the problem seems to be that different sites have it listed under different names (some have it as "the return" and some have it as "limited event series"). https://www.walmart.com/ip/Twin-Peaks-A-Limited-Event-Series/438812600?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid =22222222227127053468&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=2343087 84854&wl4=pla-387484082537&wl5=9021730&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl 10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=438812600&wl13=&veh=se m

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i pre-ordered from walmart, actually! the problem seems to be that different sites have it listed under different names (some have it as "the return" and some have it as "limited event series"). https://www.walmart.com/ip/Twin-Peaks-A-Limited-Event-Series/438812600?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid =22222222227127053468&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=2343087 84854&wl4=pla-387484082537&wl5=9021730&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl 10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=438812600&wl13=&veh=se m
    Looked this morning on the app and never seen a listing. Small world. Oh well.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That doesn't say whether it's bluray or not. And apparently no Walmart within a 50 mile radius of me has it. I'll have to hope the Best Buy that's near me still have one of the two copies they have of it tomorrow. Apparently this location doesn't do store pickup reserve...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    That doesn't say whether it's bluray or not. And apparently no Walmart within a 50 mile radius of me has it. I'll have to hope the Best Buy that's near me still have one of the two copies they have of it tomorrow. Apparently this location doesn't do store pickup reserve...
    oh, fuck. i really hope i didn't accidentally order the DVD set. i swear it said blu-ray on it when i pre-ordered it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I got my Blu-ray. Disc 8 won't play.

I'm fine.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I was planning to buy it this friday, now i see Amazon is out of stock...

Guess i'll stick to my downloaded episodes until they restock...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 12-06-2017 at 01:53 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm shocked Amazon isn't back in stock considering all the people canceling their orders. I canceled mine. I snagged the last copy at my nearest best buy.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Went into my local Best Buy this morning and purchased the blu ray for about $40. I had a coupon. Like eight copies sitting right in front under "new releases" when I walked in. Can't believe so many others are having a hard time scoring this..

Also, it needs to be said that Dale Coop has some serious game when he can sit in the Black Lodge for 25 years, come out practically retarded, and still manage to rock Naomi Watts' world off her axis with virtually zero effort, ffs

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Went into my local Best Buy this morning and purchased the blu ray for about $40. I had a coupon. Like eight copies sitting right in front under "new releases" when I walked in. Can't believe so many others are having a hard time scoring this..

Also, it needs to be said that Dale Coop has some serious game when he can sit in the Black Lodge for 25 years, come out practically retarded, and still manage to rock Naomi Watts' world off her axis with virtually zero effort, ffs
    yeah, seriously...you'd think that coopindick would be the cock rocker ;p (or is it "dickincoop"? i still haven't sorted that one out rofl)
    ea: hey, maybe *that* is what the fireman meant by "listen to the sounds"??????? springs a rocking, knees a knocking? lol. you have given me the giggles for today. thank you.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    welp, it was a DVD. going to return it today. but of course, my credit card got cloned on sunday and i had to cancel it this week, so i have no idea if walmart will actually refund me or if i'll have to get a store credit.

thankfully my wife found the blu-ray at a best buy near where i'm working today and bought it online for store pickup, so i'll be able to swing in and get it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I...kind of love this.

And I have yet to see a single copy of the goddamn Blu-Ray set anywhere in my city. I wonder if they grossly underestimated demand.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    My copy finally came today. Been rewatching in the meantime. Midway through season two. Not sure if popular opinion, but it sucks. So uneven. Might skip to the last few eps.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Not sure if popular opinion, but it sucks. So uneven. Might skip to the last few eps.
    It'a unanimous that S2 is fucking terrible from the time Laura's killer is revealed up until the last several episodes. Windom Earle helps a bit but he's very very hammy. I'd say go through every episode, but skip through everything that doesn't involve Cooper and you'll have enough to work with.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    It'a unanimous that S2 is fucking terrible from the time Laura's killer is revealed up until the last several episodes. Windom Earle helps a bit but he's very very hammy. I'd say go through every episode, but skip through everything that doesn't involve Cooper and you'll have enough to work with.
    I've seen it all before. I'm noticing things I've missed before. I didn't know they mentioned Teresa Banks before in the series. Thought she was just FWWM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Well, this might be an unpopular opinion, but i rewatched the original series and i loved season 2 (even more than the first time i saw it...)

Sure it has a couple of bad storylines (James, "The Packards"...) and some of the plots don't go anywhere, but i think it's underrated and at the very least entertaining (specially anything with Dick and Andy...)

I'm not comparing season 2 to the flawless season 1 or even the Movie, they sure are worlds apart, but i sure enjoyed season 2 in my most recent rewatch...

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->
    @<a href="http:/

SO. For those of you having a hard time getting hold of the dvd/blue rey release, peep game: some of the behind the scenes docu-vignettes are popping up on youtube. Here is The Man With the Gray Elevated Hair.

Get 'em while they're hot. The powers that be are blocking them, but they haven't got around to blocking them on the channel I linked.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-11-2018 at 06:06 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @henryeatscereal ,I also love season 2

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @henryeatscereal ,I also love season 2
    I think it's underrated, it had the bad luck of revealing Laura's killer, so ratings sunk, but it also has the best episode of the whole series (the last one)

I'm loving the "making of" documentaries from "The return" Blu Ray, i find it very interesting how Lynch still improvises some stuff...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 01-12-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I think it's underrated, it had the bad luck of revealing Laura's killer, so ratings sunk, but it also has the best epised of the whole series (the last one)

I'm loving the "making of" documentaries from "The return" Blu Ray, i find it very interesting how Lynch still improvises some stuff...
    i'm adding it all to Plex as we speak

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    For me, season two lacks focus. A lot of it is filler too. There's some good stuff. But it's mostly a turd, imo. Lynch and Frost weren't involved much either and it shows.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I think I've posted this before, but I feel the need to post it again as it is relevant to this current discussion.

And I agree with @henryeatscereal, the last episode is the best of the series. I don't agree with @Piko , most of season 2 is good with a chunk of turds in the middle.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Season 3 is my favorite season of the series, even if it's easily the weirdest and most insular of the bunch. There are so many scenes, segments and random bits that have literally no bearing on the main narrative arc of the season. Lynch was clearly trolling his audience with a good portion of it.

I love what they did with the musical acts at the bar, which usually signaled the end of the episode. The third episode performance by the Cactus Blossoms is my favorite, with the second episode Chromatics performance, the Nine Inch Nails and Sharon Van Etten very close behind. It really is like watching an entirely different series than what was presented in the two previous seasons, while still feeling like everything belongs under the same Twin Peaks sky all the same. The Final Dossier left me with the feeling that this is all we're getting, and I'm comfortable with that..

Bonus NIN-spotting: in Ben Horne's Red Room documentary featurette Behind the Red Curtain (exclusive to the blu-ray package), one of Lynch's boom mic operators is seen wearing a 2005-era Spiral fan club t-shirt when they're shooting the scene inside Frank Truman's sheriff office. That same boom mic operator is briefly seen wearing what appears to be a Hesitation Marks tour shirt at the end of the fifth Impressions documentary segment, when the cast and crew are announcing the end of shooting for David Patrick Kelly (Jerry Horne). He's also wearing an APC shirt in another one of the documentary segments..

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Bonus NIN-spotting: in Ben Horne's Red Room documentary featurette Behind the Red Curtain (exclusive to the blu-ray package), one of Lynch's boom mic operators is seen wearing a 2005-era Spiral fan club t-shirt when they're shooting the scene inside Frank Truman's sheriff office. That same boom mic operator is briefly seen wearing what appears to be a Hesitation Marks tour shirt at the end of the fifth Impressions documentary segment, when the cast and crew are announcing the end of shooting for David Patrick Kelly (Jerry Horne). He's also wearing an APC shirt in another one of the documentary segments..
    I noticed the guy with the APC T-Shirt, but i didn't noticed the NIN shirts, gotta check again!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Same with me @henryeatscereal . I caught the APC shirt but didn't spot the NIN.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Hey, did you guys notice that Obama's presidential portrait looks a whole hell of a lot like Major Briggs in the White Lodge?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Hey, did you guys notice that Obama's presidential portrait looks a whole hell of a lot like Major Briggs in the White Lodge?
    Lol
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BfJVZvuFX-X/

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Hey y'all, I have a topic for discussion.
    Do you guys want more twin peaks or do you fear it will go sideways?
    And if you do want more of it, what would you like to see?

As for me, I want more but I'm also scared it won't go down right.
    A couple more movies would be nice, and they could be Showtime originals or something. I think it would be great to see Kiefer Sutherland and Chris Isaak back again, and I also think that Michael Shannon was born to play a part in Twin Peaks.