Page 124 of 215 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,720 of 6447

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    In the Ministry Doc "Fix" they talk to Duane Buford who played keyboards with them at the time. He goes on to explain how all the samples are triggered live and that nothing is backing tapes. He goes on to discredit bands that use backing tracks as he think that they are lame. He specifically says that he knows one band from Cleveland that is notorious for that. Is he talking about NIN?
    I believe so, there is an interview out there with Chris Vrenna on how the touring was done in the 90s.

He mentions that they used tapes for the shows cause that was the only viable option for them at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    There was publishing issues yeah, he didn't spell out exactly what it was but it is licensed to something and I bet that something is a real fucking pain.
    Would've been pretty cool if Inverse Phase did Now I'm Nothing then segue into Terrible Lie. It may have not stayed true to the original format of PHM, but NIN is a stellar intro for TL, and I can't listen to one without the other.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    Would've been pretty cool if Inverse Phase did Now I'm Nothing then segue into Terrible Lie. It may have not stayed true to the original format of PHM, but NIN is a stellar intro for TL, and I can't listen to one without the other.
    After reading your post, I just realized that Now I'm Nothing has the same acronym as Nine Inch Nails, and I don't understand how I didn't see it before. Clever!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Richard Patrick posted this old NIN shirt on instagram... I can't seem to find it anywhere so I would like to make it on my own. Anyone know the font or has the graphic this is based on at hand in good resolution?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    It looks like it's just a more vertically stretched and more kerned version of the uppercase portion of the PHM font, which Rob Sheridan said was a variation of Helvetica.
    Last edited by piggy; 09-05-2015 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Where did the name "Leaving Hope" come from? Like, originally -- I know the name of the track from Still comes from the publisher (?) name "Leaving Hope", but why was that name chosen in the first place? Is it a specific reference to anything?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Trent rarely discusses the meaning of songs, or titles. I don't think we even know whether it was a One Hour Photo score piece, a Fragile outtake or an original composition for Still.

He has stated that he often composes music around a visual or emotional theme, and Leaving Hope is extremely evocative of depression, hopelessness and loss. It sounds like something that would have come out of his mindset around the writing of La Mer or the Fragility 2.0 tour. Could also have been composed later as a self-examining contemplation of that time, like most of Hesitation Marks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm not asking about the track "Leaving Hope". I'm asking about the words "Leaving Hope" as used in "Leaving Hope Music, Inc." (which predates the track).

I'm guessing the answer is unknown, but I thought I'd ask just in case.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Don't know where to put my question so I'm just asking here:

I know that there is an instrumental version of NiggyTardust (album) floating around somewhere. Does anyone know where to find it?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post

I know that there is an instrumental version of NiggyTardust (album) floating around somewhere. Does anyone know where to find it?
    I've never seen the entire album, just "Break" and "Banged and Blown Through" because they had multitracks released via remix.nin.com.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Watching the Millennium pilot for the first time. Piggy will never be the same.

Edit: Sh!t, this meant to be a random NIN thought, obviously. My bad.
    Last edited by Microwave Jellyfish; 09-18-2015 at 03:13 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    I've never seen the entire album, just "Break" and "Banged and Blown Through" because they had multitracks released via remix.nin.com.
    Hmm.

ninwiki says: "A promotional CDR with instrumentals of fourteen songs surfaced 3.5 years after the release."

And I'm pretty sure someone on this board mentioned something about those instrumentals, too.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Hmm.

ninwiki says: "A promotional CDR with instrumentals of fourteen songs surfaced 3.5 years after the release."

And I'm pretty sure someone on this board mentioned something about those instrumentals, too.
    i thought i had it, but apparently i don't. i did at one point. @sheepdean might be able to point you in the right direction.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Will FBI be on my ass if i'll say i leaked that one?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

Do you know how fucking hard it is to track down that CD
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    It's the whole album except Convict Colony - which is of course the one with Tapeworm on lol.

I'll PM you both

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Will FBI be on my ass if i'll say i leaked that one?
    Well, did you?

Thanks @sheepdean !

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    I'm not asking about the track "Leaving Hope". I'm asking about the words "Leaving Hope" as used in "Leaving Hope Music, Inc." (which predates the track).

I'll just leave this here.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post

I don't know the answer, but I did always wonder if Trent named the track "Leaving Hope" because he was considering the possibility that Still would be the last NIN release ever. Sort of a nice way to wrap it all up with a bow, y'know?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I haven been paying much attention; were there any updates to NIN/HTDA/TRAR profiles at that Apple Music thing for the past month?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    I don't know the answer, but I did always wonder if Trent named the track "Leaving Hope" because he was considering the possibility that Still would be the last NIN release ever. Sort of a nice way to wrap it all up with a bow, y'know?
    Either way it's certainly appropriate as an end to the words and concepts of the Fragile era – doesn't know if it's walking away from hope ("bad ending") or leaving hope there in its wake for others ("good ending").

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I have never considered the context of the title "Leaving Hope," but I am enjoying the comments/banter that has been posted. All I know is that it's an incredible song--regardless of what the title actually means.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I haven been paying much attention; were there any updates to NIN/HTDA/TRAR profiles at that Apple Music thing for the past month?
    Nope. The last post was Trent mentioning the movie "It Follows" approximately 2 months ago.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Nope. The last post was Trent mentioning the movie "It Follows" approximately 2 months ago.
    well, it's a great fucking movie with an INCREDIBLE score, so it's nice to know he liked it, too.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Our last HTDA update was mariqueen saying we were gonna get cool HTDA stuff on AM in a couple of weeks. Trent clearly married her for her similar understanding in the concept of "soon"

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Whatever happened to that "greatest hits" disc Universal was going to put out?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Reznor wrote two tracks for it, then decided he wanted to make a whole NIN album instead, thus pushing the greatest hits further away.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Whatever happened to that "greatest hits" disc Universal was going to put out?
    If you really want tracks selected by Trent from his career, well, stick to the one we have imo http://www.nin.wiki/The_Definitive_NIN

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    A way to do a greatest hits while making it creatively justified and offering something above the seeds, could be to record new treatments of all the selected tracks using the live band members, then lay Trent's original vocal track over the top. Then it'd feel authentic to each period while offering something new.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    If we'd ever get the Broken/Fixed release hinted long ago, we'd have the catalogue at some sort of sonic equality at least.

The only re-recording needed on old stuff to match newer stuff is guitars really. And the bass needs serious reworking on Broken.

And the only purpose I see in releasing a greatest hits is a way to get the tracks "cropped" out of the segues on the albums. So if it had AWP without "Eraser" fading in, or the full intro of IDNWT, etc. as we can hear on the instrumentals released, that kinda stuff is good. Especially "Somewhat Damaged" without bloody TDTWWA fading in.

Or, building on the recent TF instrumentals release: Use alternate arrangements of every track on the greatest hits. Alt vocal takes, words left out, lyrics before they were finished, whatever. I bet there's a shitload of alternate WITT arrangements, given how long it took to finish.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I still think doing it like Pink Floyd's Echoes would be best, mixing the tracks to flow into each other as their own album, rather than just a list of songs