Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Big. Black. Delta.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    AHHHHHHHHH!!!! Holy frap, I never expected them to get back together. This is amazing! Is the new song any good? I guess I'll be waiting for the normal release...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    New song out today!! I can only find it on Spotify, but their Twitter account yesterday had said to stay tuned. It's called "Let It Out", and it was the one sampled in the teaser on Mellowdrone's site back in July (promising three new songs at some point). The version on Spotify just says "Radio Edit", which makes it seem like it'll be part of a potentially larger release, but it could still just be a three-song EP.

I didn't really like the 2018 EP that much, but this song new song is awesome (and fairly BBD-inspired, I feel like).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I liked the first album the most. Will have to check out this new song.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Anybody else watch that show on Netflix called "The Sinner"? It threw me for a huge ass loop that they used Big Black Delta as such an important plot point in the show. Really cool. I hadn't listened to BBD for years until I watched this. Forgot how awesome of an album that is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Huggin and Kissin was so perfect on the show. I posted about it a couple weeks ago in the what are you watching thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://buzzbands.la/2018/09/26/mello...g-full-circle/

Tucked away in this article about the reformation of Mellowdrone is the tidbit that Jon is finishing up a new Big Black Delta album.
    Last edited by Merriweather; 09-28-2018 at 03:04 PM. Reason: misspelled Jon's name

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Go get em tiger officially available on streaming services.

Also, someone listed a used GGET vinyl on eBay if anyone is interested, I don't know how rare it is or how much it usually goes for https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mellowdrone...-/173594225927

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    OOOOOOOH.

Given the previous tweet and accompanying video, I think it's probably safe to say it's new BBD.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDefacto View Post
    Given the previous tweet and accompanying video, I think it's probably safe to say it's new BBD.
    Or some sort of re-release, given that the music in the tweet sounds like a remixed version of Huggin' & Kissin'.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Or some sort of re-release, given that the music in the tweet sounds like a remixed version of Huggin' & Kissin'.
    My thoughts exactly. I’m always down for more BBD, but the more I listened to this and thought of Huggin & Kissin, the more I feel like it may be a remix/re-release of some kind. Not that I’m any less hype! Whatever it is, it sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Go get em tiger officially available on streaming services.

Also, someone listed a used GGET vinyl on eBay if anyone is interested, I don't know how rare it is or how much it usually goes for https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mellowdrone...-/173594225927
    I JUST saw this, and the fact that it went under $20 actually hurts my soul. Ugh.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 01-17-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Yup, this. There's a "Huggin & Kissin (This Be The Verse Remix)" out on Spotify this morning.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Video

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Meh... Not a bad remix. But damn...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Supposedly "more than 10 available" sealed copies of GGET 12" here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mellowdrone...-/312463106798

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Copped a copy. So stoked! Thanks again for the heads up!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Buyers beware: Evidently this guy is shipping them out in big taped-up paper envelopes stuffed with composted, shredded paper for padding rather than a sturdy mailer. Mine came in today and it's bent on nearly every side and corner. The record itself plays great, thankfully, but this jacket looks like it got crunched and bent all kinds of ways in shipping. It's not as though any of the creases are too severe, either, but they are aaall over. Corners, bottom side is cramped up, even bent on the face and back around the ring from the vinyl. Definitely LOOKS like $3.50 shipping. I know cardboard mailers can be a little expensive or harder to come by, but I'd rather pay a couple extra bucks for THAT than skimp out on shipping and get...this.

Reaching out to the guy now about a replacement or a refund, for sure. But oof...at least it got here quickly and sounds good?
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 02-13-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Is the record translucent red? I obtained mine when it came out back in 2004 and I thought it only came in that color. I don't remember there being a black version unless they re-released it at some point.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    Is the record translucent red? I obtained mine when it came out back in 2004 and I thought it only came in that color. I don't remember there being a black version unless they re-released it at some point.
    It is! It’s very pretty. Luckily the wax is in perfect shape and plays like a dream.

It makes me wonder about the possibility of any mellowdrone reissues/first pressings in the future. I won’t get my hopes up, but I’d love to get my hands on that discography on vinyl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I instantly became a fan once I heard IFUCKINGLOVEYOU. Mellowdrone is also another project by Jonathan Bates that I enjoy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is there still new BBD coming?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Buyers beware: Evidently this guy is shipping them out in big taped-up paper envelopes stuffed with composted, shredded paper for padding rather than a sturdy mailer. Mine came in today and it's bent on nearly every side and corner. The record itself plays great, thankfully, but this jacket looks like it got crunched and bent all kinds of ways in shipping. It's not as though any of the creases are too severe, either, but they are aaall over. Corners, bottom side is cramped up, even bent on the face and back around the ring from the vinyl. Definitely LOOKS like $3.50 shipping. I know cardboard mailers can be a little expensive or harder to come by, but I'd rather pay a couple extra bucks for THAT than skimp out on shipping and get...this.

Reaching out to the guy now about a replacement or a refund, for sure. But oof...at least it got here quickly and sounds good?
    I had the same exact issue and he claims he is sending out another and I am hoping that he actually does.

Hopefully he learned his lesson re: properly shipping vinyl...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaimie View Post
    I had the same exact issue and he claims he is sending out another and I am hoping that he actually does.

Hopefully he learned his lesson re: properly shipping vinyl...
    Is he sending you another copy straight up or are you sending your damaged one back to him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    Is there still new BBD coming?
    Jon started teasing something on his various social media accounts last week, so I would say yes.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Is he sending you another copy straight up or are you sending your damaged one back to him?

He replied with "I will send a replacement sorry about that" but I have seen nothing

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

He replied with "I will send a replacement sorry about that" but I have seen nothing
    Interesting. He wanted me to send mine back in before he sent me a replacement. Which I’m not going to do, because the record sounds great and I don’t want to risk not having one at all, but he definitely wasn’t jumping at the opportunity to send me another one.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Interesting. He wanted me to send mine back in before he sent me a replacement. Which I’m not going to do, because the record sounds great and I don’t want to risk not having one at all, but he definitely wasn’t jumping at the opportunity to send me another one.
    Yeah truthfully I will be shocked if I actually receive something. If I don't in a reasonable time, I will leave the appropriate feedback because it really was bullshit the way that thing was packaged.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Yeah truthfully I will be shocked if I actually receive something. If I don't in a reasonable time, I will leave the appropriate feedback because it really was bullshit the way that thing was packaged.
    Funny - I told him that I’m not sending his damaged record back, and if he’s asking me to return it before sending me a new one that I’d rather have a refund, and I heard absolutely nothing back. However, I finally decide to leave “neutral” feedback (The record WAS as described and showed up quickly, just packaged shittily, and he wouldn’t communicate with me), and within hours I get a reply asking me to change my feedback, saying he’s going to send a new one.

Jesus. I get that stuff happens and it can be hard to stay in touch, but if you’re gonna have so many items on eBay that you’re selling, you should probably be paying more attention to your inbox than...well, none at all.

At this rate, I’m just expecting to get a second bent-up record in the flimsiest packaging I’ve ever seen, if anything at all, but I’d be happy to be proven wrong.

Did you ever receive a replacement copy?

Update: Now he says he’ll only send a replacement if I edit my feedback. After being snarky about me wanting a replacement copy or a refund. Said he was going to send a feedback revision request to me “that night” and that he would send the replacement as soon as I change it. That was two days ago, and I still haven’t received the request. Dude, at this rate I almost don’t even care anymore. This guy has no idea wtf he’s doing. It hurts my soul when people like this get their hands on hard-to-find records. Christ.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 03-03-2019 at 05:32 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Into the Night is playing in the background of The Rain S2E2, just before 16 min. I grinned.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Jon hosted a 2 hour radio program. I only scrolled though random parts - I don't think any new music of his is played or if we learn anything new. Most of it seems to be him putting on tracks he likes and gives a little intro on them, or some stuff from BBD/Mellowdrone.

https://soundcloud.com/openlabradio/...ig-black-delta
    Last edited by blassster; 07-11-2019 at 03:57 PM.