Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Witch LP - new album out 6/22/2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anybody else think since the Slipmat is of a Solar Flare the albums back cover is a pic of Sunspots? A WT reference?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunspot

Last edited by quietime; 05-13-2018 at 11:21 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Because I can voice my opinion, welcome to the world of online forums and communities where bitching and discussions have been going strong for nearly 50 years.
    Wait... people have been bitching online for fifty years?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    Wait... people have been bitching online for fifty years?
    Yes. Research is fun!

"Some of the very first forum systems were the Planet-Forum system, developed in the beginning of the 1970-s, the EIES system, first operational in 1976, and the KOM system, first operational in 1977.

One of the first forum sites, and still active today, is Delphi Forums, once called Delphi (online service). The service, with four million members, dates to 1983.

Forums perform a function similar to that of dial-upbulletin board systems and Usenet networks that were first created starting in the late 1970s."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum

Since the 70s and I'm sure some 70s dude was bitching about the latest Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin record.
    Last edited by neorev; 05-13-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    This vinyl exclusive bullshit really pisses me off. Is there an itunes route? I really don't want want to buy a vinyl.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    This vinyl exclusive bullshit really pisses me off. Is there an itunes route? I really don't want want to buy a vinyl.
    It will be. As closer the release date is, there will be more options.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    just wait when it relases, it'll be up on stuff like Spotify, Google Play, Itunes.

We just can't quite pre-order for digital.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    If I may ask, why did you get the one from Amazon?
    i ordered the CD from amazon because it was over $5 cheaper than from rough trade.
    i ordered one copy of the vinyl from amazon because it was only $13.
    i also ordered the $175 deluxe bundle from nin.com because i'm ridiculous.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I pre-ordered the $80 bundle in addition to the $175 bundle because I wanted an extra vinyl copy, messenger bag and slipmat.

That's when I happened upon that amazing PHM flight jacket in the clothing section. I have no idea when or if I will ever wear that thing, but I had to have it because Nine Inch Nails everything. So here's another $200 from your most ardent walking contradiction of a fan, Trent..

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I pre-ordered the $80 bundle in addition to the $175 bundle because I wanted an extra vinyl copy, messenger bag and slipmat.

That's when I happened upon that amazing PHM flight jacket in the clothing section. I have no idea when or if I will ever wear that thing, but I had to have it because Nine Inch Nails everything. So here's another $200 from your most ardent walking contradiction of a fan, Trent..
    i was going to get the flight jacket until i found it (without the printing) for only $38 and decided it wasn't worth the extra money to have it NIN-branded.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Ehhhhhh fuck it.

I just bought and pre-ordered all 3 EPs for vinyl on the nin store. I put off buying Not The Actual Events and Add Violence for a long time now. To save shipping for Bad Witch I just bought them all now since my adult duties were completed.

Stoked!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazzaro703 View Post
    Or the time they took Viginti Tres, added Wings for Marie at the end and mixed it together with 10000 days because the two parts when added together have the same run time as 10000 days heralding it as the greatest hidden track of all time?
    I don't care if someone loves or hates Tool, THAT was some amazing shit.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    It's exactly one month from the first show of the year. I can't tell if I think they'll probably put out a single beforehand or if they'll wait entirely but part of me hopes I can avoid listening even if they do.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    From June 15th on I will be on vacation and won't come back until June 29th, then I'll be straight off for my trip to Berlin for the concert at the citadelle.

I worry a little that the mail could get lost when it arrives on the 22nd, so probably I'll either order it from amazon and download the "auto-rip" files in the short time I'm home or I'll just wait and buy the album at the concert.

But I think I'd like to listen to it in the car on the way to Berlin. So probably I will choose the amazon option. I haven't heard any NIN songs in concert for the first time, but with other favorite bands of mine I usually prefer listening to the studio recording first.

Really looking forward to it in any case. Loved HM, but this trilogy has also been amazing thus far. And what we know of Bad Witch looks & sounds great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This thread. Damn. I am really excited to hear what the hell these crazy ass song titles will end up sounding like. I've been on a major NIN kick lately, and NTAE & AV have been in heavy rotation, as well as Broken & TDS/FDTS. Oooh man, some of my favorite NIN songs have them abrasive geetars on it, so I'm hoping for more of the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I made a new account just to comment on this.

Anyone notice how both Not and World words appear on all three records in titles? NTAE: Not obviously in title, world in Dear World,; AV, Not Anymore, and The Background World. Then, BW they're both in "I'm Not From This World." That's gotta have some kind of significance. Obviously by now we've established there is some kind of simulation world vs. real world interplay going on throughout this concept, AV cemented that completely and BW of course continues it (sidenote: perhaps inconsequental but funny to note that also BW letters are the direct successors to the previous letters of the alphabet in AV, as in B after A, W after V. Reinforcing this is a sequel to AV?). I am hoping things do become a bit clearer by the end of this thing because it's all STILL very mysterious to me, but who knows? Perhaps we will finally hear this last part and things will be even more cryptic and people will be putting theories together for some time to come?

Right now my running theory is that the entire thing isn't exactly linear, there are alternate realities going on along with simulation vs. reality, and I personally believe that Parts 1 and 3, aka NTAE and BW, encompass horrific traumatizing events and happenings that the "protagonist(s)" can't really cope too well with, so he/they retreat to a 'sanctuary' or safe place of some kind, found in AV, but that sanctuary doesn't satisfy and offers only the slightest possible respite, which is why it's so gloomy and downright dreadful by the end. Perhaps the protagonist(s) realizing they must return to the real world in the end and the simulation world isn't a solution to their anxiety and problems. But again who knows? It could be a tie in to Year Zero, but I don't really think so. It could be only one guy going through sequential events in order, one guy completely non linear events flitting in and out from real and fake worlds, or many people doing that with every song a different perspective and story (like Year Zero), etc. So I honestly have no clue lol
    Last edited by silenthill_eternal; 05-13-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I like the Plato reference. I didn't know the story itself, but can clearly see its influence on other works (The Matrix for example).

Intrigued how this all leads together.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Edit: wrong thread
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-13-2018 at 06:47 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i was going to get the flight jacket until i found it (without the printing) for only $38 and decided it wasn't worth the extra money to have it NIN-branded.
    Pay the $38 for the jacket & sew on this patch (or any of the myriad available on eBay):

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    I personally believe this essay might be very pertinent in understanding the upcoming record, and I'll be mightily surprised if I'm wrong at this point...

I'm excited about how this upcoming entry could give even more context to the previous two EPs.
    Oh WOW.
    Great catch!
    It goes along with NTAE and AV too.
    I'm pretty damn sure you're right!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Pay the $38 for the jacket & sew on this patch (or any of the myriad available on eBay):
    I have been meaning to patch up a jean jacket for a while and really need to get on it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Oh WOW.
    Great catch!
    It goes along with NTAE and AV too.
    I'm pretty damn sure you're right!
    I don’t see it yet. I just read a plot summary of the wizard of oz. what’s so special about this one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone else reading this storyline from the album art?

- Major event takes place (real or staged?)
    - Authority figure / God takes control
    - Mankind forced to submit and enter the machine, or face death

Discipline symbol fits too (circled red tile is the man submitting)

+1 for this being part 1 of the (bleedthrough?) trilogy, and precursor to YZ scenario.

.. Bow down to the one you serve
    Last edited by mikeyjt; 05-14-2018 at 06:31 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyjt View Post
    Anyone else reading this storyline from the album art?

- Major event takes place (real or staged?)
    - Authority figure / God takes control
    - Mankind forced to submit and enter the machine, or face death

Discipline symbol fits too (circled red tile is the man submitting)

+1 for this being part 1 of the (bleedthrough?) trilogy, and precursor to YZ scenario.

.. Bow down to the one you serve
    I see it as the allegory of the cave. We are all sitting watching a simulation (not the actual events) on this reality (cave wall) and when 2022 hits (est end on the machine or k panel) year zero begins. I think the Bad Witch cover is a good indication of this , the sun, mankind, religion and technology. I do need to hear the album to see how it fits but I would be surprised if it deviates from this. And no, Bad witch probably has nothing to do with the wizard of oz. That would be as lame as those pictures you see metal heads up load on their facebook of cartoon big breasted woman with swords surrounded by wolves and lightning. Just dont see Trent being that lame
    Last edited by Bad Witch; 05-14-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So how many here are familiar with the relationship between sunspots and solar flares, and the possible effect on modern life that a major solar flare could cause? And how that could be a basis for the events that unfold after, such as poilce states,etc...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    I see it as the allegory of the cave. We are all sitting watching a simulation (not the actual events) on this reality (cave wall) and when 2022 hits (est end on the machine or k panel) year zero begins. I think the Bad Witch cover is a good indication of this , the sun, mankind, religion and technology. I do need to hear the album to see how it fits but I would be surprised if it deviates from this. And no, Bad witch prob has nothing to do with the wizard of oz. That would be as lame as those pictures you see metal heads up load on their facebook of cartoon big breasted woman with swords surrounded by wolves and lightning. Just dont see Trent being that lame
    You're awesome on principle because you snagged the album title as your username!

But anyway, I very much see this as a great narrative/story about the unreal events and breaking a simulation or threshold and then the consequences of breaking it. I don't necessarily think it's related to Y, I think it's actually quite personal to TR, but perhaps in a way we'll never learn. I mean, the number of degraded loops in "TBW" correlated with his age (52) at the time of release. I think the concepts of simulation, submission, triggering events or false events, etc. have quite an impact. I also am fascinated by the rumor going around about 'bad witch' meaning a bad trip/bad dose (of heroine?) but I can also completely get behind some random allusion to The Wizard of Oz.
    Last edited by joplinpicasso; 05-14-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    You're awesome on principle because you snagged the album title as your username!

But anyway, I very much see this as a great narrative/story about the unreal events and breaking a simulation or threshold and then the consequences of breaking it. I don't necessarily think it's related to Y, I think it's actually quite personal to TR, but perhaps in a way we'll never learn. I mean, the number of degraded loops in "TBW" correlated with his age (52) at the time of release. I also am fascinated by the rumor going around about 'bad witch' meaning a bad trip/bad dose (of heroine?) but I can also completely get behind some random allusion to The Wizard of Oz.
    Perhaps. I think Year zero was very personal to him, I suspect everything he does is, even his soundtrack work.The consequences are profound, we are seeing that now. The division in our culture is something to behold. You have these insane people who think there are more than two genders and science is racist as well as think The president of the untied states is a russian agent undermining whatever it is they think democracy is. Its insane. As Jordan peterson said on Rogan's podcast, we are in a time of chaos. The only shield we have is to tell the truth , not our own truth but THE TRUTH. I think Trent is watching all this and being the amazing artist he is, is creating a piece of work that is modern and fits exactly where we find our selves. In chaos and insanity. 2012 until now is INSANE.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    So how many here are familiar with the relationship between sunspots and solar flares, and the possible effect on modern life that a major solar flare could cause? And how that could be a basis for the events that unfold after, such as poilce states,etc...
    Also, the 11(ish) year solar cycle has just had it's minimum, so solar maximum is going to be around 2023, but major solar events can occur anytime around that, give or take a year or so. So a 2022 major solar event is actually very possible.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bad witch View Post
    you have these insane people who think there aren't more than two genders
    ftfy

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    Anybody else think since the Slipmat is of a Solar Flare the albums back cover is a pic of Sunspots? A WT reference?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunspot

I think they look exactly like sunspots.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    ftfy

righhhhttttttt...