Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Rage Against The Machine

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    I don't know why they are delaying the tour. I just saw Tool this past Sunday, and it was sold out. Timmy C's mentioned in an interview last year that they wanted to play venues at full capacity, so that's not an issue (there are other bands playing at full capacity right now, the Omicron wave will be over by the time the tour starts). Do they want to have the tour without people wearing masks? That'd be really stupid. I don't mind wearing a mask at a show.
    willingly submit to anything and everything a self serving politician tells ya, that's the spirit! just keep accepting it and soon you'll have NOTHING.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    willingly submit to anything and everything a self serving politician tells ya, that's the spirit! just keep accepting it and soon you'll have NOTHING.
    how about you take your anti mask bullshit elsewhere? in case you haven’t noticed, there’s a pandemic going on. people living in asian countries have been wearing masks for decades for a myriad of reasons, some of which include viruses. the science is there even if you don’t want to accept it. im less worried about self serving politicians (who don’t give a fuck if you wear a mask either) and more worried about the selfish assholes who don’t give a shit about the health and safety of people they don’t know.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I didn't realize they had 5 nights at MSG...holy shit.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This motherfucker is single, y'all.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I don't know why they are delaying the tour. I just saw Tool this past Sunday, and it was sold out. Timmy C's mentioned in an interview last year that they wanted to play venues at full capacity, so that's not an issue (there are other bands playing at full capacity right now, the Omicron wave will be over by the time the tour starts). Do they want to have the tour without people wearing masks? That'd be really stupid. I don't mind wearing a mask at a show.
    I suspect a political reason, same as to why there was a tour in the first place in 2020, isn't there a "big" US election in 2022?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I think we can safely assume that at most a political reason is just that they think it's irresponsible to host concerts during omicron and they'd be right. Plenty of artists agree, we just live in a world where lies have won the day as can be seen on this page. I didn't realize we don't have a report button on posts but TIL

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I think we can safely assume that at most a political reason is just that they think it's irresponsible to host concerts during omicron and they'd be right. Plenty of artists agree, we just live in a world where lies have won the day as can be seen on this page. I didn't realize we don't have a report button on posts but TIL
    My guess is that yes it is political for bands like rage and even nin. i’m positive the cleveland nin shows were cancelled because reznor doesn’t want to make health decisions for people. It’s not rock and roll to demand to see a vaccination card or to require masks. i get it. But it’s reality. Covid don’t care.

also, if you’re in tapatalk, you have to click(tap) on a post and it will show you an option to report. you can report any post on ets. if you don’t see the option, pm me or one of the other admins.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I just want you to know that when I clicked “facepalm” it wasn’t a quick, knee-jerk reflex click and move on; I has to change my theme to “full site” to even see the button, then change it back after. But it was worth it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    My boss just died two weeks ago from COVID. He was healthy, and had the first strain back in March of 2020 with no bad symptoms. His wake became a spreader event because a single person that attended and was un-vaccinated and refused to wear a mask. Now people who are already coping with losing their family are having to worry about someone else possibly dying or having long-term health issues because of one selfish shit-stain who couldn't wear a fucking mask for an hour. Fuck you, fuck everyone like you. You represent the kind of person that brings humanity as a whole down. You are the absolute worst, and your complete lack of critical thinking skills, empathy for others, and refusal to do even the smallest thing in order to save lives is just shockingly undeniably evil. Eat shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    My guess is that yes it is political for bands like rage and even nin.
    No. The scientific facts tell us that vaccines and wearing masks work. Trusting the science behind these facts is not a political stance. We should not treat it like one, even if many people do so.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzkokehead View Post
    No. The scientific facts tell us that vaccines and wearing masks work. Trusting the science behind these facts is not a political stance. We should not treat it like one, even if many people do so.
    Okay, but cancelling shows as a preventative measure doesn't fit in that category. It's a social calculation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Okay, but cancelling shows as a preventative measure doesn't fit in that category. It's a social calculation.
    A "social" calculation does not necessarily have to be a political one, even if the two closely intersect. I've been to only handful of shows in the past year, some of which required masks. And at those shows, only about half the people at those shows ended up wearing masks, because they were drinking or the like. Not wanting people to catch a potentially deadly virus at your show is an entirely reasonable stance to take, regardless of your political stance or view on vaccines.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Reschedule dates for the tour with RTJ...I have a ticket to the Oakland show, one more year. Don't know whether to ask for a refund, or not. EDIT: I used the opportunity to ask for a refund of my old tickets, I had them in the upper part of the stadium, now I found some tickets in the lower section, for the same price ($290 for a pair, sheeesh, those are the cheapest tickets BTW). I bought them a couple months ago, so I'm not as irate as the people who purchased these in 2019 (!)

Last edited by cahernandez; 02-14-2022 at 01:04 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Reschedule dates for the tour with RTJ...I have a ticket to the Oakland show, one more year. Don't know whether to ask for a refund, or not. EDIT: I used the opportunity to ask for a refund of my old tickets, I had them in the upper part of the stadium, now I found some tickets in the lower section, for the same price ($290 for a pair, sheeesh, those are the cheapest tickets BTW). I bought them a couple months ago, so I'm not as irate as the people who purchased these in 2019 (!)
    I requested a refund and will take my chance with Stubhub/TM resell when the dates get closer. I am tired of these rescheduling dates.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    At this point, I've been sitting on my pit tickets for 2 years, itll be 3 by the time I see the show. Just out of shear boneheadedness, Im not letting go of these for anything. I will go to this fucking concert if its the last thing I do.

I swear to god though, if by the time this tour actually starts, neither band has a new album to tour off of, then what was the point in making us wait this long.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yep. I've had my pit tickets since February 13, 2020 (the day they went on sale). Starting to think it's never going to happen. Even if this one sticks, I'll have had the tickets for 3 years, 1 month, & 6 days by the time I finally see them.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yep. I've had my pit tickets since February 13, 2020 (the day they went on sale). Starting to think it's never going to happen. Even if this one sticks, I'll have had the tickets for 3 years, 1 month, & 6 days by the time I finally see them.
    Damn, that was 2 years ago they went on sale? Fuck time has flown by these past couple years.

Edit: felt that way about the stones show up In the cities but they managed to sneak that one in there

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    big question now is are they gonna do coachella 2023? i wouldn't be surprised if this leg is postponed to 2023 just because they contractually have to do coachella

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I swear to god though, if by the time this tour actually starts, neither band has a new album to tour off of, then what was the point in making us wait this long.
    $$$$$$

I would absolutely love a new Rage record, but I just don't see it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    That is probably the least divisive ranked list I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    That is probably the least divisive ranked list I've ever seen.
    I would have ranked Audioslave's Revelations much higher on the list. The first two albums had the hits, but this was their best album, IMHO.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I absolutely love the extended Moth that was available...somehow? I just found it one day on Soulseek or something and it blew me away. I haven't looked that hard but also when I did look I couldn't find the where of this track's origin. The closest I found was a mention of a promo EP that even discogs fails to list.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rage absolutely slayed last night! First show and the band sounds like they've been on tour for years! Definitely a must see!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I honestly can't believe it finally happened. I still have to wait until May of next year before I get to see this, but damn. What was the show like? Did Zach talk much between songs? I saw a few people post online that they saw some dude in the crowd wearing a Trump 2024 shirt. Would have loooooved to see how he reacted during the entirety of the set.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I watched some videos this morning. I bet the crowd there was going absolutely nuts! That setlist was insane too! If they had played No Shelter (and maybe Darkness from The Crow soundtrack), it would be perfect. This has me even more hyped for my show, I just wish the Minneapolis show hadn't been pushed to March 19, 2023.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Rage absolutely slayed last night! First show and the band sounds like they've been on tour for years! Definitely a must see!
    how was Run the Jewels?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    how was Run the Jewels?
    Absolutely on point! And the crowd was super wild for them!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Absolutely on point! And the crowd was super wild for them!
    I saw in various photos online that they have a big screen behind them throughout the whole show, showing even video of the band. They've never done this, their stage setup used to be a lot simpler. How did this impact the show, @RJK? I would imagine they are using the screen the same way Massive Attack did, to display political messages, making the show more powerful? Also, saw in a photo that Tom Morello used a double neck guitar, I believe that's a first for him in Rage? Did he use the double neck guitar well?

Good to read your comment "it seems like they've been touring for years", glad to hear they are still in top shape.

It'd be great if they could release an album before next year's tour (I'm seeing them in March). Doubt it'll happen, but one can only hope.
    Last edited by cahernandez; 07-11-2022 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I have an extra pair of tickets for the Toronto show on July 21st in 305 row 5. Asking face value, DM me if you wanna go!