Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 2068

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pacing slowing....way....down. I'm not sure if I like it yet or not. My hope is it's a slow brooding simmer of the story will build to something big THIS season.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    The pace was slow because of the commercials. It wasn't 90 minutes for the story. They dragged the story out to sell advertising. Ads during Talking dead probably don't sell as high as air time during the actual show.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    The pace was slow because of the commercials. It wasn't 90 minutes for the story. They dragged the story out to sell advertising. Ads during Talking dead probably don't sell as high as air time during the actual show.
    I think I agree with you there. I watched it on PS Vue and skipped all the commercials and it felt like it wasn't terribly paced. Could've also been the fact that we really didn't need this episode to be an hour and a half. But hopefully they can keep things moving for at least a little while, because I feel like the season could go either way at this point. Fingers are crossed!

obligatory statement about Negan being infinitely entertaining.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    What got blown up at the end that made Michonne upset?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    What got blown up at the end that made Michonne upset?
    I couldn't really tell either, but it was all the mattresses the Saviors took.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    yeah those looked like really poorly CGi'd mattresses. Had to rewind a few times to figure it out.

That episode being stretched to 90 minutes was a fucking joke and tells you everything you need to know about this show. Fuck you fans, we need more money. The amount that actually happened in that episode warranted a 30 minute episode to be honest. We get it, Negan is still a major dick & Rick is defeated. We knew that. We didn't need even MORE time to show it.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Daryl blinked morse code to Rick to tell him their location?

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-walk...egan-blinking/

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Well, this episode didn't tickle my balls.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    aside from the performance from Negan's right hand man. Guy is eating up that role. Everything else sucked & I still want most of the characters we are supposed to be rooting for to die b/c they are annoying & make bad decisions bc of poor writing. Also, the pacing this season might be the worst yet. The writers have no idea how to effectively juggle storylines that aren't interacting.

Oh and next week is another 90 minute epi$$$ode. lol this fucking show just continues to wave it's middle finger at fans.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Just read an article that the show will most likely veer off comic course and not do the All-out war arc. Bullshit. Fuck you AMC.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    They'll probably use the budget as an excuse for why if people complain. But these are the same people that wasted a shitload of money having a a huge farm vehicle flatten a car in a gigantic, unnecessary set piece last night.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    They'll probably use the budget as an excuse for why if people complain. But these are the same people that wasted a shitload of money having a a huge farm vehicle flatten a car in a gigantic, unnecessary set piece last night.
    lol oh snappity

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Everything else sucked & I still want most of the characters we are supposed to be rooting for to die b/c they are annoying & make bad decisions bc of poor writing. Also, the pacing this season might be the worst yet. The writers have no idea how to effectively juggle storylines that aren't interacting.
    Pretty much the reason why my girl and I stopped watching around the middle of season 3. After all the hoopla over season 7's premiere, I watched the first few episodes of this season and see things have not changed at all. There's only so far cool looking zombies can carry a show. But the writing can be pretty atrocious at times. 'm all for drama and a show being slow... when it's done properly. I still don't see what's drawing people to follow these characters.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    The last episode was a let down for sure. I was hoping carl would lose his virginity and then subsequently get killed. Nope, just boring writing and crappy stunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Every episode needs Negan in it, with all the fucks in the dialogue.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I haven't even seen he newest episode yet because I had a gut feeling it would be a boring talking heads episode without much (if any) Negan exposure. And it looks like that's a pretty accurate description of what happened. At this point, I don't think I'm partial to anyone but Negan. Hell, they could kill Daryl next week and I...just...wouldn't care. I didn't care about Glenn (I'd read the comics up to the start of All Out War). Hell, I cared more about Abraham being killed. Because at least he made me LAUGH. How far off the mark does the show have to be when I'm watching THE WALKING DEAD in hopes of a LAUGH?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First 5 minutes of episode 7 and already half ass writing with idiotic character decisions. God, this show sucks! This season has been so terrible, I dunno why I keep watching this crap.

And for the kid that plays Carl, you'd think acting in a major television series for most of your life would improve your acting skills... it hasn't.
    Last edited by neorev; 12-04-2016 at 10:16 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Anyone feel like Negan isn't that intimidating when he's alone? Like that scene with Olivia, when she slapped him. And dayum is JDM skinny as Negan! I imagined there'd be more muscle.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    He should have put on weight for the role.

Another episode that could have been regular length and literally nothing would have been lost. Yet I keep torturing myself with this bullshit.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

I think Olivia slapping Negan shows he has a soft spot for the ladies. Seems like he takes it out on the men. The Tara episode last week with all those women was because Negan killed all the men.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I think Olivia slapping Negan shows he has a soft spot for the ladies. Seems like he takes it out on the men.
    I'm not quite convinced it's a "soft spot". Because the guy is a sociopath I'm thinking he has no soft spots at all but instead is constantly seeking ways to manipulate people. He may not even have useful reasons for manipulating other than the joy and pride of making someone react or bend to his wishes. Turning around and apologizing was a way for him to turn her from "slap mode" to "hey he might actually give a shit"...which he doesn't. In fact, getting her to slap him was likely a "fun and unexpected" result of him trying to pop everyone's balloon.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Everything that happens this Sunday has been leaked. Not sure if it's out there in public this time. But a friend of a friend works for AMC and sent us a very detailed account of the mid-season finale this sunday. I can post here if you want. There's alot of bad (like negative for the heroes) things that go down, and then some good. Runs parallel to the books mostly.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Everything that happens this Sunday has been leaked. Not sure if it's out there in public this time. But a friend of a friend works for AMC and sent us a very detailed account of the mid-season finale this sunday. I can post here if you want. There's alot of bad (like negative for the heroes) things that go down, and then some good. Runs parallel to the books mostly.
    I'd love to see, because honestly, I don't care to tiptoe around spoilers for this show anymore. Very few of them have been shocking enough that I think "oh fuck, I wish I hadn't known that was coming."

Edit: Just to clarify, I meant to say to tell me via PM, but ended up looking up the spoiled myself, so...

*sigh* Yup.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 12-08-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I read the spoilers, I think I am just going to stick to the comics from now on.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Do not post spoilers before the show has aired.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    no problem. I take it that they are now out for everyone to see based on some of the responses.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I read the spoilers, I think I am just going to stick to the comics from now on.
    I keep up with the show just to see what it's doing to my beloved comic. Plus, it is shot well, and has top notch zombie effects/gore.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I'm on THAT bridge right now!!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Well that was booooor-ING.

Anyone else sick of Eugene's whimpy face?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    JDM needs a fucking hamburger. Seriously way way too skinny. Without the jacket he looks ridiculous. Certainly not someone to be feared in any way. Not imposing at all. And obviously they want us asking about the bandage during the down time now. Or did I miss something b/c I zone out on much of these episodes?

Don't care at all that the chubby chick died. Were we supposed to? She had like 2 scenes where we got to know her at all. Laughed my ass off when he "gutted" that asshole. Such a great moment in the comics and on the show. Love that they didn't pull back on the gore there either. One of the shows saving graces. The coolness of the riverboat set piece was pretty sweet too.

Negan somehow immediately figuring out that the bullet was homemade instead of just found/hidden/a leftover from their stash was absurd/ He said something about etchings? Who the fuck would immediately go to "oh, it must be homemade" over they just got a bullet somehow?

Carol's stance on things knowing what she knows about the Saviors is unbelievable. And I hope they don't continue to ruin Morgan's character when they return by having him argue/hem & haw about convincing Ezekiel to fight. Stop making the protagonists weak pussies!

THIS SHOW