Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I need some ideas here on how I can get FLAC files from Deviations vinyl I just purchased. I bought it brand new off Amazon because I had an Amazon gift add for the holiday. I went to download in December and the site was gone. I contacted NIN.com about it, who I have always orders from in the past. They said they can only help with orders directly through them and told me to go to Amazon about it, which is silly because Amazon doesn’t run the NIN downloads website.

So what company is responsible for that website and the download codes? I have a legit code and I am getting screwed over. For no good reason. You would think it would be in NIN’s best interests to not screw over fans that are spending that much money on Vinyl and merch.

how do I get in touch with someone in charge of the codes?
    Its like the Deviations digital files were intended to be pirated lol

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I think some people here are just hoping someone will give them a free FLAC download. I downloaded Deviations1, The Fragil DE, Broken DE, and TDS DE all in December. I used the codes that came in the vinyl, and I went to the websites that were listed on the card. I was able to access all the websites and download with no problems. In fact, I went back to those sites throughout the month of December to get WAVs as well. The websites expired at the end of 2019, so I doubt these is anywhere else to get them now. So I disagree that the files were intended to be pirated. There were some problems at the beginning with tracks missing, but all that was solved LONG ago and the files have been available since then and until 11 days ago. Most of us here that purchased the vinyl and wanted the digital files, got them. So stop pretending that you are a poor victim of circumstances. You had a couple of years. The files were available as of last month as promised. You snooze, you loose. End of story.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    So what company is responsible for that website and the download codes? I have a legit code and I am getting screwed over. For no good reason. You would think it would be in NIN’s best interests to not screw over fans that are spending that much money on Vinyl and merch.
    Have you tried it again? It looks like they may have extended the download offer for another year:

http://getmy.media/Deviations1

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    fuxk off. I just purchased in December with a gift card I got at Christmas to Amazon, and went to download before the deadline and the site was gone. You have no idea what you are taking about so shut it. I have spent a ton of money on NIN.com and I fully support artists getting paid, so much so that I am going through all these gymnastics in the first place rather than asking for the files here.

I am am trying to solve it in a legit way. You aren’t helping so fuck all the way off with your assumptions.

End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    I think some people here are just hoping someone will give them a free FLAC download. I downloaded Deviations1, The Fragil DE, Broken DE, and TDS DE all in December. I used the codes that came in the vinyl, and I went to the websites that were listed on the card. I was able to access all the websites and download with no problems. In fact, I went back to those sites throughout the month of December to get WAVs as well. The websites expired at the end of 2019, so I doubt these is anywhere else to get them now. So I disagree that the files were intended to be pirated. There were some problems at the beginning with tracks missing, but all that was solved LONG ago and the files have been available since then and until 11 days ago. Most of us here that purchased the vinyl and wanted the digital files, got them. So stop pretending that you are a poor victim of circumstances. You had a couple of years. The files were available as of last month as promised. You snooze, you loose. End of story.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Have you tried it again? It looks like they may have extended the download offer for another year:

thanks for that! I will try it tonight when I get home!!! Fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    Nope. You're wrong. If you look back at my post, you'll see I even provided screen captures of the issue.

thanks for that! I will try it tonight when I get home!!! Fingers crossed.
    Good luck. I'd try again but my code is now used, even though I didn't get to download it.
    Last edited by OSPF; 01-10-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    OSPF and Max are going to get what they deserve

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    OSPF and Max are going to get what they deserve
    Digital downloads for having purchased the vinyl album?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post

It worked! Thanks SO much for posting the link. I used the code off download card from my recent purchase of the vinyl and it worked great. atomobile, I am going to apologize for my pissed off post before. I will also say maybe next time you should not make so many assumptions when you respond to someone. Your assertions were not true and did not add anything helpful to that conversation. We've all been there, but maybe take a little more time before asserting something like that again. I appreciate that you are concerned for artists making their money, and as an artist I am absolutely on the same page, which is why I bought this in the first place.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I received some records in the mail today, including the Broken DE. Is it normal if my Broken vinyl doesn't have any text on the spine? All the other records I own do...

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Gf got me the Manhattan Project hoodie for Christmas, she got tracking on Friday but it still hasn’t updated. Anyone else in the same boat?
    @sonic_discord I just looked at my Broken DE and it also doesn’t have any text on the spine. Is this the attention to detail we probably wouldn’t notice?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Gf got me the Manhattan Project hoodie for Christmas, she got tracking on Friday but it still hasn’t updated. Anyone else in the same boat?
    Yeah same here. It looks my shipping label was created on Friday but hasn't actually shipped yet. I've only seen one person post about receiving their hoodie, 3 days ago on Reddit. I assume they live in California.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I received some records in the mail today, including the Broken DE. Is it normal if my Broken vinyl doesn't have any text on the spine? All the other records I own do...
    I Got the halo 5 DE 2017 back in 2017 and it doesn't have anything on the spine... must be by design. I wouldn't worry about it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    @sonic_discord I just looked at my Broken DE and it also doesn’t have any text on the spine. Is this the attention to detail we probably wouldn’t notice?

I'm still waiting on the ticket for my damaged Add Violence vinyl from nin.com (I sent them 7 pictures and still heard nothing), the confirmation for the hoodie tracking, and the confirmation for the same thing shipping for With Teeth DE from amazon, which was the best deal for the record I could find at 27 bucks.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    I'm still waiting on the ticket for my damaged Add Violence vinyl from nin.com (I sent them 7 pictures and still heard nothing), the confirmation for the hoodie tracking, and the confirmation for the same thing shipping for With Teeth DE from amazon, which was the best deal for the record I could find at 27 bucks.
    Hey google, what is the definition of insanity?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Hey google, what is the definition of insanity?
    DICTIONARY
    Search for a word
    in·san·i·ty
    /inˈsanədē/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness.
    "he suffered from bouts of insanity"
    Similar:
    mental illness
    mental disorder
    mental derangement
    madness
    insaneness
    dementia
    dementedness
    lunacy
    instability
    unsoundness of mind
    loss of reason
    delirium
    hysteria
    mania
    psychosis
    craziness
    crazedness
    deliration
    Opposite:
    sanity
    extreme foolishness or irrationality.
    plural noun: insanities
    "it might be pure insanity to take this loan"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    nin.com closed my ticket for the return label for Add Violence - I feel like I could have gotten it from ebay in the same condition used as I got it from nin.com new.

It's all probably a lost cause. I wouldn't be surprised if I got refunded by amazon soon for the With Teeth DE I preordered, and the truck that my hoodie is on overturns and burns the entire cargo to ashes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    nin.com closed my ticket for the return label for Add Violence - I feel like I could have gotten it from ebay in the same condition used as I got it from nin.com new.

It's all probably a lost cause. I wouldn't be surprised if I got refunded by amazon soon for the With Teeth DE I preordered, and the truck that my hoodie is on overturns and burns the entire cargo to ashes.
    What an awful experience. I'm starting to worry about the eventual order I place for Hesitation Marks vinyl.

I wouldn't worry about Amazon not fulfilling your With Teeth order. In fact, the record is back in stock on Amazon, as of today.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

A local record store has 1 copy of Add Violence left for $27 ($20 plus shipping; most of their new stuff is $27). I'd be happy to pick it up for you.

ETA: In response to the Hestitation Marks comment above, I never did trade mine in. All of my sleeves have the records poking through the sides, and 2 of the 4 sides of the jacket are ripped/smashed.
    Last edited by Jon; 01-14-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Or order it from Amazon, keep the new one you get from them, and then do a return but send the damaged one back to Amazon instead. It's a tad dishonest, but they'll never know and it's a drop in the bucket Olympic-size swimming pool for Jeff Bezos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    ETA: In response to the Hestitation Marks comment above, I never did trade mine in. All of my sleeves have the records poking through the sides, and 2 of the 4 sides of the jacket are ripped/smashed.
    Yeeeeeeah, I'm going to buy it on eBay then. Thanks for the warning.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSPF View Post
    Yeeeeeeah, I'm going to buy it on eBay then. Thanks for the warning.
    You should be fine, it was 6 and a half years ago. I was just reminded of it when I saw someone was looking for Hesitation Marks.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Update: I sent them an email about the closed ticket. They said it was a mistake, they are very sorry, and my replacement copy of my vinyl Add Violence is already on the way.

The Manhattan Project merch has shown up on tracking as well.

I fucking love this band.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    In case anyone else is interested, the old NIN logo & Manhattan Project hoodies are made by Independent Trading Company (in Guatemala & China respectively) in the following styles:

Old NIN logo = PRM90HTZ

Manhattan Project = IND4000ZC

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hoodie says it's out for delivery today! Weirdly enough, Amazon says it will have With Teeth DE delivered doorstep today as well, two days after they sent me a delay email.

So. Everything is weird and I think our timeline is moving through some weird string theory curve. Or, an ice storm is moving through the midwest. One or the other.

Got an update email about my Add Violence replacement for the damaged warped LP as well, they said they're out of stock and will ship out ASAP with an automated tracking email of the package. I'm guessing it's more of the vinyl pressing delay I keep hearing about? I'm not sure, I'm just happy to have better customer support than most places. A real person sent it. I sent an email back asking if they want to send me a return label to ship the damaged one back to them. I should have emailed them much sooner than the last day of my allocated exchange time. I didn't want to be a bother, and now it's taking forever.

This is a lesson for me for sure. I wanted the record to sound right, but it doesn't. It arrived to me in basically used condition (like I said, it looked like someone dropped it on the corner and folded the box it shipped in, the outer sleeve is folded in 2 places & the record came through all 3 sides of the insert with a noticable hump you can see when it rotates.) I wasn't happy about it when it got here, and I shelved it and dealt with it later. I should have sent them an email immediately.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Something is up with the shipping of the hoodie, shows as being delivered by EOB on the 17th, at least this delay is on UPS and not NIN this time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Something is up with the shipping of the hoodie, shows as being delivered by EOB on the 17th, at least this delay is on UPS and not NIN this time.
    https://imgur.com/a/faMw2Eh

Hopefully yours isnt half open when you get it.

Mine was inducted to USPS from UPS fyi.
    Last edited by laststepdown; 01-18-2020 at 01:21 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I ordered the Hoodie & T-shirt & my package split on the front side near the address label similar to the above image. Thankfully, the hoodie was still safely wrapped in its plastic bag which wasn't damaged.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Received my Manhattan hoodie today. My package had a few tears, nothing like that picture above though! Sorry to hear that y'all.
    I dig the material, feel & sizing of it. However the logo printed on back is off-centered. Anyone else's like this?

A post shared by on

Last edited by Soma; 01-18-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    https://imgur.com/a/faMw2Eh

Mine was inducted to USPS from UPS fyi.
    Is there any actual damage? Doesn't look like it from the pictures.