Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Puscifer

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Grand Canyon reminds me of And All That Could Have Been. Especially the last few minutes. The breaks, the drums, the mood....

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Why am i always lucky to get my favorite songs in music video form? I loved Telling Ghosts at release and it got a video. Now this! <3

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    This makes me less and less optimistic about a video for either Smokes and Mirrors or Autumn.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Man, I must really be underestimating Puscifer's popularity. I've been a fan for about 8 years so I guess I've always thought of them as a little unknown outfit. Surprised to see so many of their videos with 1M+ views on YouTube. I'd be curious to see numbers on record sales. But then at the same time, it seems that M$ was packaged and mailed by Maynard's wife and a few workers in Arizona, so I'm not sure.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Also, what's the story on the vinyl release? Did I read they're being delayed until next year? So it's safe to assume nobody has heard the Simultaneous remix yet?

Also, is this the first main release that hasn't had a 'mixed' version of a song on it (e.g. The Mission, The Rapture)?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Fuck it, I'm triple posting.

I just wanted to touch on the 'mix' thing they do where they release only one version of a song and call it a 'mix'. I've wanted to hear the other/original version(s) of The Mission for fucking 6 years now. Come on Maynard!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Undertaker is pretty much their only song where Mix was followed by 'no mix' version. Although I'm pretty sure that Renholder mix is actually original version and Vag version is a re-recording, considering the timeline and song credits

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Also, what's the story on the vinyl release? Did I read they're being delayed until next year? So it's safe to assume nobody has heard the Simultaneous remix yet?
    True story. Got an email this morning from the Puscifer store with my download and stating that the vinyl will be released in early December so thats better than 2016.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    The Undertaker is pretty much their only song where Mix was followed by 'no mix' version. Although I'm pretty sure that Renholder mix is actually original version and Vag version is a re-recording, considering the timeline and song credits
    I'd really love to see more songs like The Undertake and Rev 22:20 and to a lesser extent The Outsider in which the alternate mix features a whole new vocal recording. That's always really cool to me. The Outsider only kinda counts because Maynard re-recorded the first verse for Danny Lohner in the Apocalypse mix.

I also really loved when Puscifer used to do entirely different versions of songs live, discounting the cuntry versions. I remember hearing a super cool alternate live version of Indigo Children where Maynard sang the song with an entirely different inflection and key. That's always rad to me. Also if I recall correctly, APC used to sing The Nurse Who Loved Me totally differently, more in line with the Failure version. I dig that kinda stuff.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I just wanted to say that the video for The Remedy is awesome. Puscifer videos have been hit or miss for me. All the early ones were rough or awful. Momma Sed is amazing. Money Shot was pretty good. Telling Ghosts was great. What am I missing?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Overloaded myself with Puscifer. Watched the What Is... DVD and re-listened to Money $hot. Gonna go watch their latest YouTube videos now.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    caught them live at Terminal 5 in NYC last night. have to say, was very pleasantly surprised -- Puscifer is not something I'm crazy about (pretty hit or miss for me), but the show was tight and enjoyable. a lot of stuff on the new album that I didn't really care for worked pretty well live.

I'd really love to see more songs like The Undertake and Rev 22:20 and to a lesser extent The Outsider in which the alternate mix features a whole new vocal recording. That's always really cool to me. The Outsider only kinda counts because Maynard re-recorded the first verse for Danny Lohner in the Apocalypse mix.

I also really loved when Puscifer used to do entirely different versions of songs live, discounting the cuntry versions. I remember hearing a super cool alternate live version of Indigo Children where Maynard sang the song with an entirely different inflection and key. That's always rad to me. Also if I recall correctly, APC used to sing The Nurse Who Loved Me totally differently, more in line with the Failure version. I dig that kinda stuff.
    they did a pretty sweet alternate version of Rev 22:20 last night. The Undertaker also seemed pretty different though to be honest I haven't listened to either version in some time.
    Last edited by screwdriver; 11-18-2015 at 09:16 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Here's an article with a clip of Maynard and Mat Mitchell talking about Paris and Matt McJunkins on Sirius.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...ttack-20151118

Also there are audio recordings of the New Haven and Albany shows floating around.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Also there are audio recordings of the New Haven and Albany shows floating around.
    Oh? I've seen (well, heard) Dallas. Not that there's going to be much difference in any of them, but I guess I should go check them out.

Re: alternate mixes. The live versions of The Undertaker and Rev 22:20 did absolutely nothing for. On the album, Undertaker is just a crushingly powerful song, and Rev is downright sinister and eerie. Live, both just seemed to feel like awkward demo versions that never ended up getting fleshed out further.

The show as a whole was fantastic, although I often found myself enjoying it more when I closed my eyes and ignored the wrestlers and just listened to the music.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Here's an article with a clip of Maynard and Mat Mitchell talking about Paris and Matt McJunkins on Sirius.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...ttack-20151118

Where can one find these live boots?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Where can one find these live boots?
    One is on dime a dozen and the other has been posted on the Puscifer sun reddit.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Also if I recall correctly, APC used to sing The Nurse Who Loved Me totally differently, more in line with the Failure version. I dig that kinda stuff.
    They resurrected that arrangement for the live version on Stone & Echo. Way better than the album one.

Weirdly, the only alt arrangement they left out was the extended "Thomas," which is a shame.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Seeing Puscifer in Chicago tonight. Dreading going into the city with all this snow.
    Should be fun though.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    One is on dime a dozen and the other has been posted on the Puscifer sun reddit.
    Maybe I'm really dumb, but I can't find the CT show on Reddit. Saw the post from the guy who said he would be posting it soon, but never saw the actual link. I'd be very interested to hear that one.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    One of the live recordings made me wonder about the lyrics to Simultaneous. The live prerecorded intro is apparently about violence and the good things we do that make us human.

When they started, I heard "inner beast" instead of "enemies."

"Should our inner beast wake/wait hungry, see our better nature feed them.
    Should our inner beast wake/wait hungry, see our better nature feed and calm them."

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Maybe I'm really dumb, but I can't find the CT show on Reddit. Saw the post from the guy who said he would be posting it soon, but never saw the actual link. I'd be very interested to hear that one.
    The thread got deleted. I'll send you what I have.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    When they started, I heard "inner beast" instead of "enemies."

"Should our inner beast wake/wait hungry, see our better nature feed them.
    Should our inner beast wake/wait hungry, see our better nature feed and calm them."
    Maynard actually corrected the lyrics to somebody on Twitter regarding this line. You're correct, it is "inner beast wake hungry." Guess I'll correct the transcription I did!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    It makes me think of a theory called "self domestication" observed in Bonobos vs Chimpanzees. It's the idea that bonobos were naturally selected for social prowess and "empathetic" qualities instead of physical traits. Basically domesticating themselves. Some theorize humans did the same thing.

It's discussed quite a bit in "The Genius of Dogs." Great book. Changed how I see dogs and a lot of other animal traits.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Siri Problems:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I made a playlist called "Pussy Fur" to shuffle through the albums.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I gotta say, I get pretty annoyed at all the "pussy" puns every single person makes when they hear the band name. In general, I hate repetitive, easy low hanging fruit humor. If everybody in the room thinks of the same simple 'joke' and one person says it, I generally hate that person. Nothing personal, I basically just felt like bitching about simple juvenile jokes because that's one of my huge pet peeves.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Siri Problems:
    Not to geek up your funny post too much, but: does it work if you say it like pus from a wound? Or can you actually not use Siri to play any Puscifer songs?

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    I gotta say, I get pretty annoyed at all the "pussy" puns every single person makes when they hear the band name. In general, I hate repetitive, easy low hanging fruit humor. If everybody in the room thinks of the same simple 'joke' and one person says it, I generally hate that person. Nothing personal, I basically just felt like bitching about simple juvenile jokes because that's one of my huge pet peeves.
    You do understand that's the origin of the band name, right? It is a play on the word pussy. Pussy fur. What is pussy for? V is for Vagina. C is for (Please Insert Sophomoric Genitalia Reference HERE). Etc.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    You do understand that's the origin of the band name, right? It is a play on the word pussy. Pussy fur. What is pussy for? V is for Vagina. C is for (Please Insert Sophomoric Genitalia Reference HERE). Etc.
    I know that.

I guess I just hate easy jokes more than I hate that specific one.