Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigil 03_: An omen EP_

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Hey guys. So, I'm in a bit of a weird spot, in that this info has leaked previously, and I'd scrubbed it.
    It was an unintentional leak, and I know that once information's on the internet, there's no getting it off the internet, but at least use spoiler tags.

Yes, eventually some other music news site will sniff this out and get 'the scoop' on something I've personally known about for a while, but since this is a fan-centered site, if you don't mind, wrap that information in spoiler tags in the future.
    Sorry! I didn't mean to spoil anything to anyone! I was just excited and digged my way on the internet a bit because I love last.fm and I love the new single. I will use more care next time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All I can say is: Ah ha!

Now we wait.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    If that's actually the length of the LP, I'd be very pleased.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I fucking hope that one particular track in the middle is Joy Division cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm fucking loving some of those song titles!

I've lost count of how many times I've listened to KIT. So good.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Today at Chez Reznor: "Something's gonna get broken!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Fun track titles. Can't wait!!!!

http://grungereport.net/?p=16709
    Last edited by fortheloveofgod; 10-10-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofgod View Post
    Fun track titles. Can't wait!!!!

http://grungereport.net/?p=16709

I second that, should be a great story.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Anyone else still puzzled by the fact that they were mastering (what seemed to be) the LP in March, and eight months later they're coming up with an EP?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Anyone else still puzzled by the fact that they were mastering (what seemed to be) the LP in March, and eight months later they're coming up with an EP?
    I'm assuming it's related to the "98% done" quote from Trent. Maybe the last 2% is finishing up multimedia / ARG(!) materials.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Perhaps they didn't decide to sign with a label until the LP was almost finished/after it was finished, and by the time all the legal stuff and other logistics of the deal were wrapped up, it was way too late to organize a good tour. By releasing the LP in the spring, they can combine some club shows with festival appearances. (And the EP fulfills TR's promise to release new music this year, while also being a good tease/promotion for the full LP in a couple/few months.)

Or maybe there is a huge multimedia component to the LP that is taking a long time to develop. Or perhaps some other huge project is coming to fruition in the spring, and they wanted to launch at the same time. WHO KNOWS. Just go with it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    I second that, should be a great story.
    Thanks to you eagle-eyed ETS peeps, the tracklisting is old news for us:

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2012/0...vember-amazon/

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Thanks to you eagle-eyed ETS peeps, the tracklisting is old news for us:

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2012/0...vember-amazon/
    It's interesting how that listing compares to what is here: http://www.last.fm/music/How+to+destroy+angels_

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    It's interesting how that listing compares to what is here: http://www.last.fm/music/How+to+destroy+angels_
    Holy shit. You can't just make up track names and scrobble them as part of an album, can you?

EDIT: also, are we really supposed to use that silly new name? No capital letters and a damn _ at the end of it?
    Last edited by FernandoDante; 10-10-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Judging by that single...maybe they couldn't keep it together or something

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrie_Schnee View Post
    EDIT: Nevermind, it's on Soundcloud. Could have thought of that myself. Old ets-habbits.
    http://soundcloud.com/howtodestroyan...ep-it-together

I was a bit apprehensive to listen to this and didn't want to be disappointed, but I finally gave in and I'm glad I did! I love it. It's not really single material, but I don't really care. It has a wonderful atmosphere to it!

Quote Originally Posted by R-Dot-Yung View Post
    Judging by that single...maybe they couldn't keep it together or something
    Heh.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Apparently, I skipped page 16 while browsing this thread. What a mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Where did the track list and LP title info come from? And how long have we (or at least some of us) known about it? It's news to me!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    Where did the track list and LP title info come from? And how long have we (or at least some of us) known about it? It's news to me!
    The stuff was posted here two days ago. It came from a last.fm account that has gone missing. Now, I shall dive into shameless self-advertising:

http://www.antiquiet.com/studio-repo...come-oblivion/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm suprised that some people were shocked about Trent's vocals being so prominent on this one. Seeing as they're treating HTDA as more of a "collective", I think it's pretty likely there'll be some tunes on the EP / album with just Trent on vocals, with maybe Mariqueen backing. I'm hoping they keep switching things up with all these tracks, with some tracks focusing more on an individual member than others. I'd be really interested in hearing an album like that from these guys. I hope what ever elements Rob brings to the table will be vital to the HTDA experience, keeping him as important as the others. Hate to draw another comparison to Massive Attack, but they've always been a "collective" and not a proper band per se, of course MA aren't the only example of this but maybe the most recognized. I think that kind of approach would work wonders for this project. At this point whats done is done, but i'd actually be surprised if thats not how it turns out.

/ late night rambling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yep that would be cool. Maybe some backing vocals from Atticus too, as I gather he's not the lead vocals type of guy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As much as I welcome a YZ b-sides E.P, it'd be nice if there's something about this E.P that's HTDA.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Must not have passed the Mulholland (Canyon) Drive test.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Spoiler: I fucking hope that one particular track in the middle is Joy Division cover.
    Spoiler:

I'm really confident it will be. I think they'd shy away from using the same name otherwise, esp. as he's got history covering JD. Looking forward to that!

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    Yep that would be cool. Maybe some backing vocals from Atticus too, as I gather he's not the lead vocals type of guy.
    Yes. And maybe Rob could cite a poem for 8 minutes backed by the sound of guitar drones or something. Wouldn't that be interesting? No, it wouldn't.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I note that re the full album tracklisting, one facet not yet discussed.

Spoiler: Was expecting IYLSE on there, but no sign.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Can we just dump a big ol' spoiler notice at the top of the thread and stop using these bloody tags?
    For now: Spoiler: IYLSE probably has some fairly different licensing to the LP, so putting it on wouldn't be easy. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the LP DE (come on , you know there'll be one) will have, at the very least, the first EP on there in some kind of special mix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Probably been mentioned already, but what exactly is Robs involvement? I know he is art director but why is he featured in promo pics? Is he doing music now?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elementroejoy View Post
    Probably been mentioned already, but what exactly is Robs involvement? I know he is art director but why is he featured in promo pics? Is he doing music now?
    This is no longer a band, but a collective. As such, all 4 members influence the overall creative output that HTDA makes. Obviously Rob is more focused on the visual aspect, but HTDA_ don't want to just be a musical piece, so he's as much a member as Mariqueen is.

Also, "collective" makes me think of Borg.