Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: NIN Austin City Limits show aired April 5, 2014

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    I would say likely so. Am uploading it to Mega now. Will post the link out to those people who have received the first link when its all uploaded, probably in about 8 hours.
    Nice, I was late on your last post, and will wait for this, i don't have access to my computer for two more days but i do have access to my seedbox, but my max is 200kbps, it's kinda poor for so much traffic.

STUPID QUESTION : your dropbox may be suspended but those lucky guys may have just instantly added it to their dropbox ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post

Wait, what? There was a ukulele?
    I know he plays it on Disappointed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    I know he plays it on Disappointed.
    I believe he also played it during While I'm Still Here

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    So by that theory, metal bands should stop playing aggressive music once they get to the age of 40 because its uncool for dudes in their 40s to show anger onstage?
    YES. Why does that not make sense to you? YES. THEY SHOULD STOP. There's a reason they get shifted into some weird subculture after a certain age. Is there anyone who acts the same way in their 40s as they did in their 20s and manages to look cool? Forget music, even in life? OF COURSE NOT. Stop. Do something different. Get a fucking grip on reality.

Thank fucking Atheismo that Trent gets that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    YES. Why does that not make sense to you? YES. THEY SHOULD STOP. There's a reason they get shifted into some weird subculture after a certain age. Is there anyone who acts the same way in their 40s as they did in their 20s and manages to look cool? Forget music, even in life? OF COURSE NOT. Stop. Do something different. Get a fucking grip on reality.

Thank fucking Atheismo that Trent gets that.
    I agree on that, but I don't think it has to do with being or looking "cool." It's about growing up. If you're 45 and you're the same person you were at the age of 20, then there's something wrong there. It's not about the type of music, but about the attitude.

Trent got out of that hole where he was, he's a happy man with a wife and kids, he's not the thin pale young guy full of angst and insecurities who hated the world and all that stuff. I think throughout his career, his music is a pretty accurate representation of where he was in life at the time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I have no issue with angry 40 year olds... I do have an issue with angsty 40 year olds who pretend to be that way because it's what their 'fans' want or feel that anger is the only way to become relevant. Musician's want and need to evolve to keep things relevant, fresh and fun for themselves. I find most artists that try to sound as angry as they did 20 years ago, without changing it up along the way, end up coming off as a caricature of themselves.

In the context of NIN, Year Zero was 'angsty' towards a more mature subject matter, and it worked because it was genuine (music quality aside).

(I tried thinking of some examples of an artist who remained as angry for 20 years without suffering a lack of quality.... and I struggled.)

Back on topic... I'm waiting for the HD version to air up North. The clips I have seen have led me to gain hope that we may yet see a theatre tour that focuses a little more on the down tempo songs.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    I agree on that, but I don't think it has to do with being or looking "cool." It's about growing up. If you're 45 and you're the same person you were at the age of 20, then there's something wrong there. It's not about the type of music, but about the attitude.
    Agreed, poor choice of words on my part. Just that there's rarely anything as significantly UNcool as those who can't let go of their past.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    part of that is TR's fault. Playing sets that are YZ heavy or having gospel singers onstage isn't really conducive to an aggressive show. If he had backup singers onstage in 1994 they would have had to wear helmets to avoid getting hit in the head from mic stands and keyboards being thrown around
    The violence may not be directed at his bandmates anymore, but I wouldn’t want to be his microphone. Some of those closeups were terrifying.

This is not Rod Stewart phoning in the Great American Songbook XXVII.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Anybody care to share a link to download the show? I've been waiting to watch it until I can throw it up onto the big screen. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I'd like a link too, please!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    Anybody care to share a link to download the show? I've been waiting to watch it until I can throw it up onto the big screen. Thanks in advance!
    Already been linked: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=487934

I think there were reports a couple pages back indicating that there were some glitches on CBH, but I've had my fill of that song, so that wouldn't bother me at all.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Every other show I've been to, the drummer drums. Maybe some backing vocals. That's it. The other musicians usually don't do much beyond their specific instrument but the drummer never does. NIN? I've seen the drummer play both drums and keyboards.... IN THE SAME SONG.
    March of the Pigs, baby. I heart Ilan.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Right guys, I'm uploading everything again. Will send out PMs when I can.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    While I think Lisa's wails are what makes The Wretched the standout song, Pino's bass on there is stunning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    would be also very proud for a link?! thanks in advance

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Actually i couldn't find a way to find that 720p i'll be interrested eventually by your method

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KStawski View Post
    I believe he also played it during While I'm Still Here
    Yes, he plays it on "While I'm Still Here". In case of the ACL show we can see that Ilan plays on it around 44:23 - 44:27 (and a few seconds before and after too).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    i'd be interested in a link as well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I found the method to get the 1280x720 from the PBS website too.

I don´t know if I have the right to copy/paste the direct link right here but I guess you can ask me i (let's say, like this post and I'll tell you by PM)
    Last edited by chuenthez; 04-10-2014 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Nice, milhouse gave me the method, it works

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    At this point, I think i'm only hopeful that the rest of the songs will actually see the light of day...I'd love to see the entire set released.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicmuse View Post
    I checked PBS online. It's not there. Also, there are glitches in places other than CBH; CBH was just the most egregious. There's pixelation at 1:15 (girl in in a tank top on a bike) and 15:15 (Copy of A). I know that I'm being anal retentive about this... I just want the best quality that I can get.
    So, I finally looked at this, and it's really disappointing. There are macroblocking artifacts everywhere. It's especially noticeable during fast movement scenes or strobe lights, which is why it's so apparent in CBH. You can even see it when Ilan's arm is moving too fast. Basically, the video stream is starved for bits and/or not encoded efficiently enough. This is probably an issue in the delivery of the content to the local station by PBS (I'm assuming this was over satellite). It's not in the master source, per se, but rather in what was encoded and delivered for broadcast. That's my theory anyway. My affiliate's broadcast is on Saturday, so we'll see if that's any better. Otherwise, the web rip might end up being the best source, because this macroblocking on the broadcast is out of control.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The webrip seems to be the flawless, watermarkless version that the Apple TV accesses. Thanks for finding it, guys. Kickass.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I put together an mkv file that incorporates the 2 web exclusive tracks and the longer interview clip. It's chaptered as well. This did involve a re-encode, but the quality looks nearly identical, to me, as the 720p web rip.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm sure this has been asked, but anyone have an audio rip or link to one?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    The webrip seems to be the flawless, watermarkless version that the Apple TV accesses. Thanks for finding it, guys. Kickass.
    Does it not bleep out the fucks and shits and pisses?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Does it not bleep out the fucks and shits and pisses?
    Sadly, it still does that. Hey, at least the entire audio doesn't drop out though. Even the grammys couldn't figure that shit out.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    It's hard to believe it could come down to this.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    what's that nifty thing Ally plays at the end of The Wretched?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Dear guy who screams I LOVE YOU TRENT at the beginning of The Frail:

Shut the fuck up.

Sincerely,
    Everyone.